Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

R.I.P.

Comments

• ...and some of the glaring inaccuracies from various news outlets that have reported his death, are shameful....
    Hedda GablerNeesy
  • R.I.P. Peter Straub. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited September 2022
    Sad day.

Though I'm not much for Royal Family, Queen Elizabeth has been around my entire life.
    Her portrait was a fixture in every school, government building, public building, sports complexes and arenas in Canada. 

She became the comfort spot to all citizens that are part of the British Commonwealth.

It's like the sun is no longer in the sky.

A classy lady who everyone admired and respected.

Salut!
    BevVincentnot_nadineNotaroKurbencatGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • Queen Elizabeth was a devoted and loyal servant to her country. She is worthy of all the respect. May she now be at peace. thoughts of comfort to the family and her countrymen that really loved her deeply. RIP.
    BevVincentcatGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • I have been watching the coverage all day. I feel sad for the Queen's family, that there were hard feelings and division there that will now never be mended. I feel sad for the people, who have only known her as their Queen, who are mourning her loss. 

She seemed to be an amazing woman who put duty above all else, but also had that twinkle in her eye and sense of adventure and humor that made all who knew her fall straight in love with her. 

May she Rest in Peace. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • ...I have never been a "Royal Watcher", yet I cannot deny the profound impact that Her Majesty had on the world...she has been a presence throughout my entire life, and conducted herself as a lady throughout her career...I can think of no higher praise than to say, I would have been proud to call her my grandmother....my favorite photo, I think sums up how she saw herself.....
    Pin on Queen Elizabeth II

catLou_SytsmaFlakeNoirKurbenHedda GablerNeesy
  • R.I.P Q.E.II
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablercatNeesy
  • Sweet sketch of the Queen and Paddington Bear goes viral and wins the  hearts of nation - Daily Record...."I've done my duty Paddington, please take me to my husband"....
    KurbenLou_SytsmaFlakeNoirHedda GablercatNeesy
  • Peter Straub wrote the most viscerally unsettling and disturbing story I have ever read.  That I remember.  It's been so long, maybe I could read it now with a jaded soul.

Bunny is Good Bread is in his short story collection, Magic Terror.  It is dedicated to Stephen King. 

poor petuh.  R.I.P. storyteller.
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirNeesySusanNorton
  • edited September 2022
    The Queen.  I do have a thing for royalty.  I admit it.  I know living under that system hasn't been glitter and cake sprinkles, but I could embrace them for the fairy tale and the dramas.  Yes, I love the dramas.

I wrote the queen, and her lady in waiting wrote me back on beautiful royal stationary.  It was a very nice letter.  I will cherish it.

She was truly a loyal and dedicated woman.  She got things wrong.  She got things right.  I admire her sense of duty.  She was a refined gentlewoman and a broad.  R.I.P.

GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirNeesySusanNorton
  • Hilary Mantel, writer of the Wolf Hall trilogy and other works, died at 70.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirSusanNortonGNTLGNT
  • RIP! The Wolf Hall Trilogy one of the best historical novel series i know of. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Louise Fletcher the nurse who starred in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest  has died aged 88 - ElondonBuzz....RIP Louise Fletcher....taken from us at age 88.......
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaroNeesy
  • Sad.... but Nurse Ratched will always be with me!! RIP, Louise.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • According to this article, she turned down the role of Carrie's mother.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroLou_SytsmaNeesy
  • She was so good in that role. Rip. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • She was so good in that role. Rip. 
    She really was.
    R.I.P
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • RIP Loretta Lynn  :(

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • ...."Pioneer" and "Legend"....they sum her up, but still don't do her justice....the world and Butcher Holler grieve.....

RIP Loretta Lynn  The Avocado
    Hedda GablerNeesy