Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Are You Doing Today? (an SKMB greatest hits)

Comments

• spideyman said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    @cat how're you and Scott doing now? Are the kids still well? I've been wondering about you guys. 
    Been in contact with Cat.  Scott done after today. Goes back Friday. Kids will go back Monday. She is holding her own, just dealing with the depression that goes along with Covid. Exhausted, so will get here as  she can.
    ....hugs are here when she needs to collect.... <3
    NotaroFlakeNoirspideymanNeesycat
  • Hope cat starts feeling better very soon! Tell her we are her biggest supporters (besides her family of course).
    NotaroFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • Thanks for passing that on Spidey...  :)

We're thinking of you @cat, I'm sorry you're feeling down and just exhausted... take your time to get back here with us girl, we're not going anywhere.  <3
    spideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesycat
  • @cat ;  Sending positive, healing vibes and a big helping of love & light 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirspideymanHedda GablerNeesycatBevVincent
  • What was I doing just now? Oh maybe starting in a little early on eating the Halloween candy. (this is the only time I call "lollies" candy)

This also reminds me of a wee funny story. 
    So, since my Little Nana passed away (that's definitely not the funny part) my mum, my aunt and I have been going out every Tuesday (she passed on a Tuesday) for a coffee and a catch up.
    So we buy our coffee's from the garage. (What do you guys call this? Gas station?)
    So at the garage we've gotten to know all the ladies and they're just so much fun... and we're a bunch of idiots together for a good 15 minutes or so each time while they make our coffee's and we all chat. So, I don't know how this even started, but somehow we all kinda made up bullsh1t names for each other... and I don't know... maybe it's my smarta$$ attitude, but somehow I got lumped with... (I fecking hate this) "Candy". FFS.

NotarospideymanGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    What was I doing just now? Oh maybe starting in a little early on eating the Halloween candy. (this is the only time I call "lollies" candy)

So, since my Little Nana passed away (that's definitely not the funny part) my mum, my aunt and I have been going out every Tuesday (she passed on a Tuesday) for a coffee and a catch up.
    So we buy our coffee's from the garage. (What do you guys call this? Gas station?)
    So at the garage we've gotten to know all the ladies and they're just so much fun... and we're a bunch of idiots together for a good 15 minutes or so each time while they make our coffee's and we all chat. So, I don't know how this even started, but somehow we all kinda made up bullsh1t names for each other... and I don't know... maybe it's my smarta$$ attitude, but somehow I got lumped with... (I fecking hate this) "Candy". FFS.

That was a lovely story........ Candy😁
    spideymanGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycat
  • edited October 2020
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    What was I doing just now? Oh maybe starting in a little early on eating the Halloween candy. (this is the only time I call "lollies" candy)

Don't you f'kin' dare...   :#
    (I have even written "NOT F'kin' Candy" on my takeaway cup. :D )
    NotarospideymanGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Don't you f'kin' dare...   :#
    (I have even written "NOT F'kin' Candy" on my takeaway cup. :D )
    🤣🤣🤣
    FlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycat
  • FlakeNoir said:

'tis cause you are so sweet!  Candy is sweet.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycat
  • spideyman said:
    FlakeNoir said:

:D You're very sweet for saying so, but I believe there may have been a different intent. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycat
  • FlakeNoir said:

....and her spirit animal is this.....

Great name for candy  funny
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesycat
  • FlakeNoir said:

....in all seriousness though, I bet your Nana would have loved this and from such small events are life memories made.....it will be one of those things that everyone talks about and it will make them smile......that's a good thing, maybe a best thing.....
  • FlakeNoir said:
    spideyman said:
    FlakeNoir said:

:D You're very sweet for saying so, but I believe there may have been a different intent. 
    The Rock Eyebrow GIFs  Tenor
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:

....in all seriousness though, I bet your Nana would have loved this and from such small events are life memories made.....it will be one of those things that everyone talks about and it will make them smile......that's a good thing, maybe a best thing.....
    Our Tuesdays are keeping Little Nana alive, she's right there with us. We sit in my car in one of our local parks (not the body dump one) and we drink coffee and listen to music and laugh our asses off, sometimes we cry.
    We celebrate the one that keeps us connected even after she's gone. <3 
    NotaroMarshaGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesycat
  • ....that is beautiful Flakes, just beautiful.................and it's sweet of you to respect the solemnity of the body dump park.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesycat
  • Day 3 of NaNoWriMo but had to cut writing time short this morning to go to a dentist appointment so will try to get another session in this afternoon. I'm pleased with the progress so far, though, and have 5,657 words toward the 50K challenge goal.
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoircatBevVincentNeesy
  • Marsha said:
    Day 3 of NaNoWriMo but had to cut writing time short this morning to go to a dentist appointment so will try to get another session in this afternoon. I'm pleased with the progress so far, though, and have 5,657 words toward the 50K challenge goal.

MarshaHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotarocatNeesy
  • Work, work, work.. just on a lunch break... listening to music in my car. 😎
    NotarospideymancatNeesyGNTLGNT
  • Hi everyone, thanks so much for the kind words and good wishes for Scott and I! We're both feeling pretty good. Still get tired very quickly. I finally have my sense of taste back. That is really something...it made me so angry. I was so hangry! 😉 

Scott is back to work and kids back to school. They never got sick, both of them had a mild sore throat for a day. So was that it? Who knows. 

Grateful we had pretty mild cases. 

Missed you all! 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesyMarshaspideymanGNTLGNT
  • cat said:
    Hi everyone, thanks so much for the kind words and good wishes for Scott and I! We're both feeling pretty good. Still get tired very quickly. I finally have my sense of taste back. That is really something...it made me so angry. I was so hangry! 😉 

Scott is back to work and kids back to school. They never got sick, both of them had a mild sore throat for a day. So was that it? Who knows. 

Missed you all! 
    That's fantastic news Cat, so glad you are all safely through it. Welcome back 🙂
    catFlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesyspideymanGNTLGNT
  • I'm so glad to hear this Cat and very happy to have you back too! 
    NotarocatHedda GablerNeesyspideymanGNTLGNT
  • Marsha said:
    Day 3 of NaNoWriMo but had to cut writing time short this morning to go to a dentist appointment so will try to get another session in this afternoon. I'm pleased with the progress so far, though, and have 5,657 words toward the 50K challenge goal.

NaNoWriMo - is this a Native American scout?

I've got a dentist appointment and you should see the letter they sent me - I've never heard of anyone sanitizing THAT much!

Hedda GablerNotaroMarshaspideymanGNTLGNT
  • cat said:
    Hi everyone, thanks so much for the kind words and good wishes for Scott and I! We're both feeling pretty good. Still get tired very quickly. I finally have my sense of taste back. That is really something...it made me so angry. I was so hangry! 😉 

Missed you all! 

So glad to hear this! Obviously didn't see your post before asking how you and Scott were doing in another thread. :)
    FlakeNoirNotarospideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • Neesy said:
    Marsha said:

NaNoWriMo - is this a Native American scout?

I've got a dentist appointment and you should see the letter they sent me - I've never heard of anyone sanitizing THAT much!

It does have that sort of ring to it, doesn't it? :) It stands for National Novel Writing Month.

The protocols for going to the dentist are pretty strict here, too. It was like walking into a hazmat area with all the plastic sheeting covering up entrances to the cubicles where they do the cleanings, etc. and the outside doors were locked. You have to call them and wait in your car until they come out to let you in and face masks plus shields are worn by the staff. I'm glad they're taking it seriously but did feel strange.
    FlakeNoirNotarospideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy