Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What's Cooking?

Comments

• edited August 2021
    Since I moved, I have not stocked up yet.
    I've been eating alot of peanut butter and jelly.  PB&J english muffins. PB&J on toast, PB&J on crackers, Just PB on my dipped finger - I mix it up, see?  A different culinary experience each time.
    KurbenHedda GablerOut of OrderFlakeNoirDebbie913MarshaNeesy
  • Since I moved, I have not stocked up yet.
    I've been eating alot of peanut butter and jelly.  PB&J english muffins. PB&J on toast, PB&J on crackers, Just PB on my dipped finger - I mix it up, see?  A different culinary experience each time.
    Sounds 2 legit 2 quit 2 me. 
    FlakeNoirnot_nadineKurbenMarshaNeesy
  • I’m fixing a nice big salad , loaded.  Fresh torn up leaves, not bagged crap. Fresh chopped everything.   And i will snarl if anyone, Hornsnozzlers, Snozzwangers and Whangdoodles included, comes near it. 

Literally Just 11 Photos of the Kardashians Eating Salads - E Online
    KurbenHedda GablerMarshaNeesy
  • Blast from the past?

Wow - to get back on track I wonder what the Kardashian family says when you ask them "What's Cooking"?

MarshaHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Neesy said:
    Blast from the past?

Wow - to get back on track I wonder what the Kardashian family says when you ask them "What's Cooking"?

Their Souls.
    KurbenFlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Neesy said:
    Blast from the past?

...another face for Bruce in the stewpot......
    Hedda GablerNeesyMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Neesy said:
    Blast from the past?

...another face for Bruce in the stewpot......
    Don’t single out Bruce here — another face for all those girls in the stewpot. They’ve all had so much work done, it makes you wonder what they would like today if they all had left themselves  alone and stayed away from the plastic surgeon. 
    GNTLGNTNeesyMarsha
  • ....I know that, still disappointed that one of the sports heroes from youth went transgender though....to each their own, I'm just not a fan....
    Hedda GablerMarsha
  • edited August 2021
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....I know that, still disappointed that one of the sports heroes from youth went transgender though....to each their own, I'm just not a fan....
    the only problem i have with Bruce/Caitlyn jenner is this. They claim they knew all their life that the he we saw was really a she.  He knew he was a female. Fine.

Then she needs to return all her Olympic medals because she falsely competed in a man’s event.  She obtained those medals pretending to be a man. She cheated. 

GNTLGNTNotaroMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....I know that, still disappointed that one of the sports heroes from youth went transgender though....to each their own, I'm just not a fan....
    the only problem i have with Bruce/Caitlyn jenner is this. They claim they knew all their life that the he we saw was really a she.  He knew he was a female. Fine.

Then she needs to return all her Olympic medals because she falsely competed in a man’s event.  She obtained those medals pretending to be a man. She cheated. 

....I don't want to teeter into Hot Topics, but I don't need to know about every "celebrity" Tom, Dick and Harry that chose to become Tally, Denise and Helga...or vice versa....stop making this a media event.....there are many who are struggling with these emotions, conflicts and decisions daily....they are the quiet heroes.....let all live as they chose, but I refuse to fawn over those in the public eye... 
    Hedda GablerNotaroMarsha
  • Today I am kinda in the mood for baking yet also feeling a little lazy. We’ll see which mood wins  :#
    The choices are muffins or Rosemary Focaccia flatbread made with mashed potatoes 🥔 

NotaroFlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Neesy said:
    Today I am kinda in the mood for baking yet also feeling a little lazy. We’ll see which mood wins  :#
    The choices are muffins or Rosemary Focaccia flatbread made with mashed potatoes 🥔 

I had some delicious white chocolate with almonds in it. Just right!!
    FlakeNoirMarshaHedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Neesy said:
    Today I am kinda in the mood for baking yet also feeling a little lazy. We’ll see which mood wins  :#

Go with mashed potato bread. 
    FlakeNoirMarshaGNTLGNTNeesy
  • Kurben said:
    Neesy said:

I had some delicious white chocolate with almonds in it. Just right!!

I tried the Focaccia bread recipe and it was pretty good!

Now Andy has decided to put a pork roast in the oven for Sunday - we will probably have some potatoes on the side and maybe some apple sauce or honey mustard sauce

Kurbennot_nadineHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • Neesy said:

Go with mashed potato bread. 

You know what? I forgot there were mashed potatoes in that recipe - it turned out quite light and fluffy

KurbenHedda GablerGNTLGNTMarsha
  • GNTLGNT said:
    pork roast Memes amp GIFs - Imgflip

I got a bit confused about the creature below the pig (thought it was something with at least three sets of legs (face palm)

Now I see it's a bunch of chickens :D:smile:

• Neesy said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    pork roast Memes amp GIFs - Imgflip

I got a bit confused about the creature below the pig (thought it was something with at least three sets of legs (face palm)

Now I see it's a bunch of chickens :D:smile:

I thought it was somekind of barbequed mummy! Thought i saw a face at the top end....
  • How's everyone doing?

It's getting cooler here now so I am thinking of making more stews and soups plus having some hot oatmeal in the morning rather than cold cereal.

I bought some beef liver then ended up freezing it. Now I have thawed it out and will cook it but I'm just not in the mood for it - guess I will smother it in onions after rolling it in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcat
  • Neesy said:
    How's everyone doing?

It's getting cooler here now so I am thinking of making more stews and soups plus having some hot oatmeal in the morning rather than cold cereal.

I bought some beef liver then ended up freezing it. Now I have thawed it out and will cook it but I'm just not in the mood for it - guess I will smother it in onions after rolling it in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.

I love liver and onions — sounds great!
    KurbenGNTLGNTcatNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    If 2020 was an ice cream truck funny

Mmmmm - that truck could come here and I'd buy some :o

That liver was delicious - I rolled it in flour seasoned with salt and pepper and of course first I fried sweet onion slices in butter, using my cast iron pan. - My Mom used to do it that way but just used regular onions plus I think she used bacon fat.

NotaroMarshaHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited September 2021
    I just saw a recipe for grilled cabbage "steaks" which you do on the BBQ - you brush them with olive oil, season with salt and pepper.

It takes about five minutes per side then you can serve them with bacon bits, ranch or Caesar dressing and sprinkle with scallions if you like (or any herb apparently, judging from the picture.

Might try this out tomorrow

NotaroMarshaHedda GablerGNTLGNTnot_nadine