Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

PODCASTS

18910111214»

Comments

• edited March 14
    Found a new podcast while reading Charles Spencer’s book. 

Here is a quick look at what it is:  
    The Rabbit Hole Detectives

“Have you ever briefly looked something up and found yourself interested to the point of distraction, passing into some realm that, once entered, is extremely hard to get out of? If so, you've come to the right place. 
    In episode two of The Rabbit Hole Detectives, Cat, Richard and Charles investigate three more subjects - which invariably lead into myriad different stories which head off down all sorts of weird and wonderful pathways - as they chase the provenance of historical objects both real and metaphorical.”

I guarantee this is not for everyone . 🤣the three hosts set challenges for each. Find out more about …. (Fill in the blank). The more random the better. One was tasked to find out more about paperclips. 🤣 and so begins the journey down the rabbit hole. 

I can see the boredom creeping over faces, but I loved it. They just digress and veer off from topic, to idea, to thought, to this and that. I enjoyed it because it is just interesting little bits of odd stuff. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....that would make an interesting TV series as well....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • They sound so British snooty but it’s interesting where the chat goes.  
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I have started way back on episode one of Rabbit Hole and their topics for research were:

Time Zones
    Seasides
    Paperclips. 

Again, the 3 hosts take us all over the place in their amusing conversations

Charles Spencer, historian— princess Diana’s brother
    Dr. Cat Jarman— Norwegian archeologist 
    Vicar Richard Coles

episode 2 topics:  
    burial rituals
    pub names
    fertilizers. 

Episode 3:  
    war diaries
    London bridge 
    baptismal/religious fonts. 

Really interesting bits of information 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Episode 4

motorway services
    the tie
    treadmills
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....never get your tie caught in a treadmill while on the motorway.....just sayin'.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben
  • edited March 31
    My Spanish story today on Duolingo is about Eddy and Rosa.

Eddy books a romantic cruise as a surprise. When he takes Rosa to the boat, she is anxious as she has never been on a boat because….

HER GREAT GRANDMOTHER DIED ON THE TITANIC! Fanfuckingtastic. 

But, like the good sport she is, she’s going to give it a try. The couple board the boat and Rosa ends up loving it! Romantic feelings set in and she starts demanding kisses from Eddy. He ignores her.

Eddy, desafortunadamente, has become scared and ill.  As the boat rocks, Eddy covers his mouth and excuses himself. 

When he gets back, predator Rosa continues to demand kisses. Apparently “no means no” doesn’t apply to Rosa. The harassment continues until Eddy tells her, “not a good idea.”

Obviously trying to save her from barf mouth, clueless, horny Rosa is left hangin’. 

Personally, I think he should’ve complied. Teach her to pressure someone to satisfy her own selfish needs.  

Kisses aren’t sweet when they taste like vomit. 
    GNTLGNTKurben
  • Been listening to Paul Giamatti’s CHINWAG on Spotify....good fun....

Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Season 2 of A Life in Lyrics — Paul McCartney is really interesting. 

And I absolutely love The Rabbit Hole Detectives. Bits of trivia if you have a mind for that sort of thing and they are hilarious. 
    GNTLGNT
  • edited May 1
    Son of a rassenfrassen! Duolingo updated their Spanish language course. I was 9 lessons away from moving to the next level. Now I’m 24 lessons away. 

Sure. It looks like perhaps they just split up those previous lessons to smaller lessons, so I think it will be the same amount of work. But it’s a mind game, man! I was looking at 29 lessons total for the unit, now I’m looking at 50!  I feel like that rock slid back down the hill on me. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Son of a rassenfrassen! Duolingo updated their Spanish language course. I was 9 lessons away from moving to the next level. Now I’m 24 lessons away. 

Sure. It looks like perhaps they just split up those previous lessons to smaller lessons, so I think it will be the same amount of work. But it’s a mind game, man! I was looking at 29 lessons total for the unit, now I’m looking at 50!  I feel like that rock slid back down the hill on me. 
    .....oh don't be such  a sisy.......phos........
    Hedda Gabler
  • The Stephen Kingdom has opened up a Patreon interview with Bev. I haven’t been able to investigate it, it’s an older interview from ???
    GNTLGNT