Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Life of Chuck

Tom Hiddleston & Mark Hamill To Star In ‘The Life Of Chuck’ For Director Mike Flanagan

Tom Hiddleston (Thor franchise) and Mark Hamill (Star Wars) are set to star in new Stephen King adaptation The Life Of Chuck, which will be a hot package at the upcoming Cannes market.

Doctor Sleep and The Haunting Of Hill House helmer Mike Flanagan is directing, scripting and producing for Intrepid Pictures alongside fellow producer Trevor Macy.

FilmNation will handle international sales with WME Independent handling domestic.

Based on the short story from King’s 2020 anthology If It BleedsThe Life of Chuck is three separate stories linked to tell the biography of Charles Krantz in reverse, beginning with his death from a brain tumour at 39 and ending with his childhood in a supposedly haunted house.

The script, which was adapted prior to the WGA strike, has been in the works for several months with Hiddleston set to play the title character and Hamill joining for the role of Albie.

According to the production, the genre project will draw tonally from Stand By MeThe Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.

GNTLGNTLou_SytsmaHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben

Comments

• This will be interesting.
    not_nadineHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited May 2023
    That was a short read, with so much underneath, that I do not know about.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....agreed, a bit mind bending....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Gulf Coast Media confirmed today that filmmaker Mike Flanagan will shoot his third Stephen King adaptation, “The Life of Chuck,” in various locations around Baldwin and Mobile counties. The production is anticipated to begin filming Oct. 16 and run for approximately four weeks.

According to the local booking agency, 1,000 extras are needed for the film in a range of ages from 11 years old and up. The bulk of the extras are needed for two large crowd scenes to be filmed in Baldwin County.

Flanagan is a writer and director with 18 writing credits and 19 directing credits. According to his IMDb his latest movie, “The Fall of the House of Usher,” is in post-production. His previous Stephen King adaptations are “Doctor Sleep” and “Gerald’s Game.”

If you are wondering what the movie is about, a great preview is the book itself. According to StephenKing.com:

“The Life of Chuck” is three separate stories linked to tell the biography of Charles Krantz in reverse, beginning with his death from a brain tumor at 39 and ending with his childhood in a supposedly haunted house.”

There are several Hollywood articles regarding the movie and Flanagan’s script. According to online reports, actors Tom Hiddleston and Mark Hamill are attached to the film. Like many movies filmed in the area, this means keeping your eyes on high alert for actors at your local favorite restaurants.

If you have ever wanted to get an inside look at how a movie is made, this is your chance. Background extras of all ethnicities are needed. If you would like to submit, email the following information to Nailim Sanchez at LifeofChuckbg@gmail.com:

• 2 snapshots – a close-up of face and head to toe with no filters, hats or sunglasses. The file name should contain your name or parent name if a minor.
    • Clothing sizes
    • Cell number
    • City and state you live in
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerLou_Sytsma
  • This will be an interesting project to see how Flanagan handles it.
    BevVincentHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Chiwetel Ejiofor (Rob Peace), Karen Gillan (Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3) and Jacob Tremblay (The Toxic Avenger) have joined the cast of The Life of Chuck, the latest of many Stephen King adaptations from filmmaker Mike Flanagan (Doctor Sleep), which kicked off production in Alabama under an interim agreement earlier this month. Tom Hiddleston and Mark Hamill lead the ensemble of the pic, written and directed by Flanagan.

Also now involved is QWGmire, the production and financing entity known for the indie horror Agnes and the forthcoming Lovely, Dark and Deep, which has made a major equity investment in the independently financed feature.

>>> Source
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Wow! Ejiofor is some solid casting. Loved him ever since he showed up in the Firefly - Serenity movie.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Matthew Lillard (And A Million Other People) Just Joined The Cast Of THE LIFE OF CHUCK

The Life of Chuck will also feature performances from David Dastmalchian (The Boogeyman), Heather Langenkamp (A Nightmare on Elm St.), Matthew Lillard (Scream), Mia Sara (Ferris Bueller's Day Off), and Harvey Guillén (What We Do In The Shadows), as well as regular Flanagan collaborators Carl Lumbly (Doctor Sleep), Kate Siegel (The Fall of the House of Usher), Annalise Basso (Oculus), Samantha Sloyan (Midnight Mass), Rahul Kohli (Usher), Matt Biedel (The Midnight Club), Sauriyan Sapkota (Usher), Saidah Arrika Ekulona (The Haunting of Hill House), Michael Trucco (Usher), Violet McGraw (Hill House), and Molly C. Quinn (Usher). Joining them are Benjamin Pajak, Trinity Jo-Li Bliss, Antonio Raul Corbo, Q'Orianka Kilcher, and Taylor Gordon, in her screen debut.
  • Helluva of a cast to say the least.
  • In an exclusive interview with MovieWeb, The Life of Chuck actor Jacob Tremblay discusses Mike Flanagan's upcoming Stephen King adaptation.

I'm super excited for people to watch this film. I haven't seen or read anything like it before. It's so, so unique and so different."

FlakeNoirLou_SytsmaGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited January 27
    Wow! Tremblay is 17 now. Man, time flies.
  • The Newton Brothers will score The Life of Chuck.  The article linked below says the film is expected to debut later this year.

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited April 20
    “So Beautifully Rendered”: Mike Flanagan’s New Stephen King Movie Gets Unexpected Preview From Star

The Life of Chuck star David Dastmalchian discusses his experience working with Flanagan on the film. Flanagan is a personal friend of Dastmalchian’s, which is one reason that he so appreciated the chance to work with him. In terms of The Life of Chuck as a film itself, Dastmalchian praised it, saying that “it is so beautifully rendered” and “heartfelt.” Dastmalchian appreciated the film’s beauty from the moment he first read the script, and its strength has only been heightened by strong performances. Check out the full quote from Dastmalchian below:

Getting to work with Mike Flanagan on Life of Chuck was A) an honor because I just adore his work. I think he’s such a talented storyteller. B) he’s a close friend of mine. So it’s fun when your friends with someone, for example, James Gunn, we were friends a long time before I ever got to be directed by the guy. You know, like. So with Mike, when he said ‘do you want to come play on Life of Chuck?’ and he told me about the character and I got to read his script, and I was so moved.

And you know, it’s beautiful, it’s based off the Stephen King story. You think, Mike Flanagan, Stephen King, this thing’s going to just be the most horrifying, terrifying, thing you’ve ever seen. It is so beautifully rendered, heartfelt, the drama, the performances, they’re all across the board. The cast in this is deep. Matt Lillard has a moment in this film that just breaks my heart. Karen Gillan, another one who I think rides that incredible ski slope between her small indie art films and then big studio budgeted things. One of the best actors in Hollywood right now. Kate Siegel, I mean there’s so much great people! Ah, what a joy.