Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Stand: Remake

Comments

• It says "Video unavailable".
    Out of OrderHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • If you search online you might be able to find a version that isn't region-blocked.
    Hedda GablerOut of OrderNeesyGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Okay. Thanks. 
    Hedda GablerOut of OrderNeesyGNTLGNTNotaro
  • Can't say the teaser did much for me but I remain hopeful.
    Hedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNTFlakeNoirOut of OrderNotaro
  • ....at least it didn't look like a dumpster fire in the making....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirOut of OrderNeesyNotaro
  • You say true.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • ....my biggest fear?.....Trashcan Man isn't portrayed as the sympathetic character he truly is.....(yeah, he and Tom are two of my favorites).......
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • The Stand Gets New Preview Images

...we're getting another new look at the upcoming 9-episode limited series. What follows are some fresh takes on our heroes and potential "big bads" as the survivors look to shape the new world into a new society- one that Randall Flagg (Alexander Skarsgard) would prefer bows to him.
    Hedda GablercatGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....high hopes......
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Definitely gonna see!!!
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT

• ...the more I see, the better it seems....
    NotaroFlakeNoir
  • Fantastic Beasts star Ezra Miller has a big and secret role in The Stand: The Justice League actor will play Trashcan Man, a pivotal character from Stephen King’s 1978 post-apocalyptic novel.

>>> Source
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • .....Matt Frewer is my guy, but I think Miller will do it well.....
    FlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • The truth about how Marilyn Manson was almost cast in The Stand

We were talking to [Manson] early on about playing The Kid, who drives Trashcan Man to Vegas," Cavell told EW. "We thought we were going to be able to restore the character of The Kid, but there really isn't a lot of reason for The Kid to exist."

The Kid is a relatively ancillary role if an interesting one, bestowed with some colorful scenes and dialogue by King's latter-day restoration of his work. He has a fair amount to do in King's "director's cut" of The Stand, which includes several scenes and expanded material that didn't make it into the original edit. The Kid does not appear in previous adaptations, and Cavell must have ultimately acceded to the reality that the character just doesn't suit a lean telling of the story — hence his original exclusion from the book and reintroduction years later.
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • The truth about how Marilyn Manson was almost cast in The Stand

We were talking to [Manson] early on about playing The Kid, who drives Trashcan Man to Vegas," Cavell told EW. "We thought we were going to be able to restore the character of The Kid, but there really isn't a lot of reason for The Kid to exist."

The Kid is a relatively ancillary role if an interesting one, bestowed with some colorful scenes and dialogue by King's latter-day restoration of his work. He has a fair amount to do in King's "director's cut" of The Stand, which includes several scenes and expanded material that didn't make it into the original edit. The Kid does not appear in previous adaptations, and Cavell must have ultimately acceded to the reality that the character just doesn't suit a lean telling of the story — hence his original exclusion from the book and reintroduction years later.
    ...plus, it would make some folks more than a bit squeamish....though I would enjoy seeing MM as wolf fodder....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • "Just to clarify, Marilyn Manson and I had long-discussed him taking on the role of The Kid in The Stand," Josh Boone, who directed the premiere and finale, wrote in an email. "He and the great Shooter Jennings even recorded a killer cover of The Doors song, 'The End,' that ultimately proved too expensive to use. The show was made on a very tight budget and some of the dreams we had went to the wayside. The Kid was another casualty. When Manson wasn't able to make it work schedule-wise, the storyline was ultimately excised and never shot, which is for the best, as no one could have slayed that role like Manson would have. Hope to work with him in the future."

>>> Source
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • "Just to clarify, Marilyn Manson and I had long-discussed him taking on the role of The Kid in The Stand," Josh Boone, who directed the premiere and finale, wrote in an email. "He and the great Shooter Jennings even recorded a killer cover of The Doors song, 'The End,' that ultimately proved too expensive to use. The show was made on a very tight budget and some of the dreams we had went to the wayside. The Kid was another casualty. When Manson wasn't able to make it work schedule-wise, the storyline was ultimately excised and never shot, which is for the best, as no one could have slayed that role like Manson would have. Hope to work with him in the future."

>>> Source
    ...well damn.....that music collaboration and his appearance would've been golden....
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ...thank you kind sir....he ain't the Lizard King, but it's not half bad....
    FlakeNoirBevVincent
  • I need to sign into youtube to watch it.  Because, I might not be old enough.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirnot_nadineNotaro
  • Today at the Television Critics Association virtual panel presentation of CBS All Access’ The Stand, showrunner Benjamin Cavell told SYFY WIRE and other outlets that asked about King making an appearance that, “I would say there’s a chance you may see him this time.”

>>> Source
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro