Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Recent appearances and interviews

Comments

• Tuesday, April 28 – Stephen Colbert from home; Jake Gyllenhaal; Stephen King; musical performance by M. Ward
    Now, this didn't happen?  Or did it?  Or they didn't show it?
    GNTLGNT
  • Tuesday, April 28 – Stephen Colbert from home; Jake Gyllenhaal; Stephen King; musical performance by M. Ward
    Delayed to another date- unannounced as of yet. 
    GNTLGNT

"We're still waiting to hear the air date. They'd originally planned for it to be on last night but they don't want to cut his piece so are waiting for a night when they can air more of it."
    GNTLGNT

"We're still waiting to hear the air date. They'd originally planned for it to be on last night but they don't want to cut his piece so are waiting for a night when they can air more of it."
    I saw Marsha posted that, was just hoping you might know more. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Thanks for getting this posted so quickly. I was busy when it happened and it was great to see this first thing this morning!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Awesome Bev, thanks for sharing that, fascinating to listen to them just having a relaxed chat.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT

• Have been saving this for the weekend, thanks for the link Bev. 
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Thanks Bev! I appreciate you being on top of these things.
    BevVincentGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • This was great, thanks! 
    I was also trying very hard to see the fish behind Stephen, my kids have tropical fish tanks and we also have a cold water axolotl.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • ....enjoyed that muchly....got a real chuckle out of the sales plug he just tossed off in the middle of it all.....
    Hedda Gabler
  • You'll post the Paperback Writers BBC thing here?
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Paperback Writers on BBC: One of the world's biggest selling authors, Stephen King, chooses his favourite songs and talks about what they mean to him; from AC/DC to Jan and Dean.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Thanks Bev, looking forward to listening to that.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • That was fun and I love that Secret Agent Man was on his list.  One of my favorite songs from when I was a kid.
    NotaroFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited May 2020
    Bev, I just watched an interview you gave in 2019 at the Northern FanCon.  

Two questions, when researching for Flight or Fright, how did you go about finding airplane stories?  How did you start the process. Word of mouth from people giving you suggestions?  And so many stories might not be readily available, so how do you get your hands on them?  Request through public library?  I'm just wanting to know how you go about starting a project of this magnitude, finding what you want.  

Second question,  "Zombies on a Plane" is being made into a movie?  Did I understand that right?  Where is it in the process?  With covid, I'm sure everything has screeched to a crawl, but are you still working on this possible project?
    GNTLGNT
  • We had a handful of stories we already knew about (Matheson, Simmons, Conan Doyle). Then we started searching online. I put out a query on social media without revealing why we were asking. The subset of stories set on airplanes is surprisingly small. There's only one that we missed that in retrospect I wish we'd included -- one by Rick Hautala we overlooked.

The movie of "Zombies on a Plane" is on hold at the moment. The director is the guy who did the Dollar Baby film of "The Doctor's Case," which is really good. I met with him at Northern Fancon and we're on the same page, but we still haven't finished the script.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • The movie of "Zombies on a Plane" is on hold at the moment. The director is the guy who did the Dollar Baby film of "The Doctor's Case," which is really good. I met with him at Northern Fancon and we're on the same page, but we still haven't finished the script.
    Will it be a faithful adaptation Bev or will it expand to after the ending in the original story? Or is it too early to tell?
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    The movie of "Zombies on a Plane" is on hold at the moment. The director is the guy who did the Dollar Baby film of "The Doctor's Case," which is really good. I met with him at Northern Fancon and we're on the same page, but we still haven't finished the script.
    Will it be a faithful adaptation Bev or will it expand to after the ending in the original story? Or is it too early to tell?
    The plan is to continue after the ending of the original story.
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • That was a great read, thanks for posting it Bev. 
    BevVincentFlakeNoirspideymanHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • ....had the whole novelist gig not sprouted riches and fame, Steve could have lived comfortably writing reviews....
    Hedda Gabler
  • edited July 2020
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....had the whole novelist gig not sprouted riches and fame, Steve could have lived comfortably writing reviews....
    GNTLGNT