Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Announcing Dissonant Harmonies

Comments

• ...glad to see Shooter Jennings on the playlist.....
    FlakeNoirNotaro
  • Brian and I have some significant overlaps, but also some stark contrasts! 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited April 2021
    You both had good music and great artists.  You chose the path less travelled.  Which is a good thing . 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotarospideyman
  • I'll be reading from "The Dead of Winter" on Clubhouse on Monday night at 8 pm Central.

Here's the link: https://www.joinclubhouse.com/event/mJwpaD6Q

Note -- Clubhouse is iOS only and you need an invitation currently to join. I have a few available. If you're interested, message me your iPhone cell phone number.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirspideyman
  • I wish I had an iPhone, sounds great Bev. 
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTspideyman
  • I’m there, ready to listen.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideyman
  • Bev, are you familiar with the other two writers who will be joining you? 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirspideyman
  • 76 pages deep. What is going on?
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTBevVincent
  • Bev, are you familiar with the other two writers who will be joining you? 
    I've known Linda Addison for years and years -- a terrific poet. I'm not familiar with Cynthia Pelayo.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • 76 pages deep. What is going on?
    Indeed!
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ....and still I wait......

Cookie Monster Waiting  Reaction GIFs
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirBevVincentNeesy
  • A question. i’m getting all the references to other things
    Except one:
    The bullet being thrown at the nemesis. I must know what that’s referring to. 

GNTLGNT
  • A question. i’m getting all the references to other things
    Except one:
    The bullet being thrown at the nemesis. I must know what that’s referring to. 

That's one of my favorite scenes from Justified

Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited April 2021
    Really good story bev.

I’ve been reading you a long time and i can see your growth as a writer.  It doesn’t matter if it is an old story you’ve had for years, you always say you pull the old ones out and tweak them to make them new.

i so related to this because

It was a “parent” going after people who did its kid wrong — oh how i’ve felt that! Until, of course, it threw its kid into the wall. And speared it!😳😵

BevVincentGNTLGNT
  • edited April 2021
    Just finished Brian Keene (i thought it was Keane.)
    Didn’t it used to be Keane with an “a”?  Go look, i’ll wait.

He did a really really nice job leading me down the path he wanted me to walk. Good job. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Don't think so, only seeing double "e".
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Don't think so, only seeing double "e".
    😜. It has to do with his story — when you get a chance to read it, you’ll see. Don’t want to say anymore in case I get spoilery. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNTBevVincent
  • FlakeNoir said:
    😜. It has to do with his story — when you get a chance to read it, you’ll see. Don’t want to say anymore in case I get spoilery. 
    Awww... duh, Flakers. 😬☺
    NotaroKurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Awww... duh, Flakers. 😬☺
    You wouldn’t have known flakers . I should’ve put a winky face on that!
    FlakeNoirNotaroKurbenGNTLGNT
  • April Snellings of the ITW interviews Brian Keene and me about Dissonant Harmonies in the May issue of The Big Thrill newsletter.
    NeesyFlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited May 2021
    Good interview, but now i have to go back — who were your characters based on?  Brothers. One successful, divorced cop. The other brother, lazy unmotivated stoner. Parents dead. One got out of dodge, the other stayed .  One brother high school jock. Other in his shadow. The trouble brother. 

Could fit a lot of duos. What one scene can i read  again that would be a tell ? 

No one spoil this please. If you read it and know, spoiler it. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited May 2021
    April got it, but she decided not to mention it in the interview because she didn't want to influence the way people read the story. The characters were mildly influenced by something but there isn't a one-to-one correlation with the influence. It was just a bit of fun I had imagining an alternate reality.

The biggest clue is
    the main characters' first names.

NeesyGNTLGNT
  • April got it, but she decided not to mention it in the interview because she didn't want to influence the way people read the story. The characters were mildly influenced by something but there isn't a one-to-one correlation with the influence. It was just a bit of fun I had imagining an alternate reality.

The biggest clue is
    the main characters' first names.

Would have never got it in a million years 

The Hardy Boys?

GNTLGNT
  • Someone on twitter suggested this song because of its title.

Hedda GablerNeesyGNTLGNT