Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

I'm Jealous of Big Threads Redux

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:

Genius, you could actually substitute my face onto the cats because that's the position I've been in the last couple of days. 
    cat
  • Notaro said:
    GNTLGNT said:

Genius, you could actually substitute my face onto the cats because that's the position I've been in the last couple of days. 
     :D 
    cat
  • ....pretties!.....
    cat
  • I love those Scott.   :D

Some of you may remember I have quail who live in my backyard.  Or they did.  I caught them living over at the neighbor's yard last week and was totally disgusted with them.  My yard is better!  But, last night I was walking past my back door and caught a glimpse of something moving. So, I open the door -- a damn cat had about 20 quail cornered on my patio.  Needless to say, the cat ran, the birds took off.  So, I guess they are coming to my yard, just not hanging out like they used to.  Haven't caught anyone making a nest. 

I love to see them with all their babies.  It is so peaceful.  And they were to the point I could sit on my patio and they would walk their family right past me!!!

I'm hoping somewhere there is a nest.   I want my bird babies.
    cat

Some of you may remember I have quail who live in my backyard.  Or they did.  I caught them living over at the neighbor's yard last week and was totally disgusted with them.  My yard is better!  But, last night I was walking past my back door and caught a glimpse of something moving. So, I open the door -- a damn cat had about 20 quail cornered on my patio.  Needless to say, the cat ran, the birds took off.  So, I guess they are coming to my yard, just not hanging out like they used to.  Haven't caught anyone making a nest. 

I love to see them with all their babies.  It is so peaceful.  And they were to the point I could sit on my patio and they would walk their family right past me!!!

....we have been quail bereft for many years here at the Ranch, but I remember how cool they were.....time to extinguish the cat......
    cat
  • .....every day I have to go to work.....

cat

I have cat trouble in my back garden as well, I use a water pistol with vinegar or for the more troublesome feline I throw baby potatoes at the furry bast*rds, they give my garden a wide berth for a while but they always start showing up again and the process starts again.
    cat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    .....every day I have to go to work.....

That was me yesterday morning.
    cat
  • Where do you find all these gems, Scott?  so funny!
    cat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    I love those Scott.   :D

....we have been quail bereft for many years here at the Ranch, but I remember how cool they were.....time to extinguish the cat......
    Notaro said:

I have cat trouble in my back garden as well, I use a water pistol with vinegar or for the more troublesome feline I throw baby potatoes at the furry bast*rds, they give my garden a wide berth for a while but they always start showing up again and the process starts again.
    I love cats. BUt you mess with my quail, and we aren't friends.  I would never do anything to hurt them, but I would definitely do things to discourage them from coming my way.
    cat
  • My sister in law has 4 goats. All of them pregnant.  And the first one had 4 babies last night.  FOUR!  That is a lot of babies for a goat.  The littlest one couldn't get up and walk, so my SIL was bottle feeding it.  And they are so friggin' cute!  I can see a visit to goat central soon.  Baby goat therapy, the best!
    cat
  • Where do you find all these gems, Scott?  so funny!
    ....believe it or not, I actually spend some time on Google randomly searching for things that tickle me, and by extension the rest of y'all.....
    cat
  • GNTLGNT said:

Notaro said:

I love cats. BUt you mess with my quail, and we aren't friends.  I would never do anything to hurt them, but I would definitely do things to discourage them from coming my way.
    ....I love cats as well, but sometimes they need a good scare.....an Airsoft BB gun would work well....non-lethal but painful....
    cat
This discussion has been closed.