Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

TWEETS from the Twitsters

Comments

• ....those are awesome with a capital "WOW"......
    FlakeNoir
  • This is so creative, i love them too

https://tech.lgbt/@CriticalCupcake/111714490686416053

I watched it and it's very creative - when I saw the still photo of the boy with the baseball bat at the beginning, before I pushed play, the first thing I thought of was the boy in Dr. Sleep

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • This is so creative, i love them too

https://tech.lgbt/@CriticalCupcake/111714490686416053

Loved this. 💜
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • ....that is just flat ass awesome!!....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Bluesky opened to the public today. Yay!

I can start stalking uh, er, I mean following bev’s sky now. Bev had one of the best twitter feeds out there, very very eclectic and informative. So I anticipate the same here. He grabs tidbits from everywhere.  Not interested in one post? Wait a sec and something completely different comes along. 
    KurbenBevVincentGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I haven't been so active on Bluesky -- I still favor Twitter -- but we'll see if the platform takes off now that it's open to the public.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I haven't been so active on Bluesky -- I still favor Twitter -- but we'll see if the platform takes off now that it's open to the public.
    I hope it does because your feed there I can follow in real time now.  Twitter, it’s hit or miss if I can see anything in order through just googling.  It’s so random, and I can’t catch everything. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited February 6
    Looking around bluesky, this could be a great spot for everyone that does their part and walks the talk. 

People complaining about Nazi Central X go to Bluesky and let their accounts fall dormant. Today, new people are going to join Bluesky to find out for themselves — can this be a good spot to spend my time?  Today and the next few weeks will be important. Influencers should make an effort, en masse, to post content frequently in the days to come. 

Do your part to help build the community. You say you care. You say you hate Twitter. Do you really? Your actions will speak volumes now— ACTIONS —not just what you post but THAT you post and believe in building something to knee-cap Musk. 

Or do you love being slapped around? Is that your kink? 

I am speaking royal you in referring to Bluesky users. Not singling out Bev. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Huge props to John Scalzi! According to one of his Bluesky posts, hundreds of thousands of new users have signed up in the last couple days. 

He is welcoming and engaging, offering tips, and posting content. Good job my man!

Build what you want to cultivate. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • On Bev’s feed:

https://twitter.com/BevVincent/status/1756645749977210973?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

If you read The Hot Zone, sounds like the Marburg Virus. Liquifies your inside, hemorrhagic. 

Kiss your asses goodbye fellow passengers. Booga booga
  • ....ok, here comes the nurse in me....obviously the media coverage is sensationalized with little detail except for the usual "Lawd, Lawd, Lawd!!1  That man be bleedin' to death and now we have to wait for him to croak so we can another damn flight!"...it has hints of that viral symptomology, but Preston's non-fiction on Ebola and other bugs still doesn't explain the amount of blood said to have erupted from this unfortunate passenger...."liters"?....I doubt it, if he yakked out liters of blood he would be completely "empty"....the human body only has about a gallon and a half of blood in total....you are spot on with "hemorrhagic " Deej....for this type of volume, which erupted after some sort of leak, I would venture to say he had a rupture of an aneurysm probably within the brain....or could have been aortic....regardless, a nasty death....
    KurbenFlakeNoir
  • edited February 12
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....ok, here comes the nurse in me....obviously the media coverage is sensationalized with little detail except for the usual "Lawd, Lawd, Lawd!!1  That man be bleedin' to death and now we have to wait for him to croak so we can another damn flight!"...it has hints of that viral symptomology, but Preston's non-fiction on Ebola and other bugs still doesn't explain the amount of blood said to have erupted from this unfortunate passenger...."liters"?....I doubt it, if he yakked out liters of blood he would be completely "empty"....the human body only has about a gallon and a half of blood in total....you are spot on with "hemorrhagic " Deej....for this type of volume, which erupted after some sort of leak, I would venture to say he had a rupture of an aneurysm probably within the brain....or could have been aortic....regardless, a nasty death....
    Dammit scott, I was going for the sensational mad scientist angle! 😄🤓

i totally believe you and bow to your expertise . It sounds like he was  unwell and was trying to get home.  It seems everyone knew this guy was having problems before the plane took off.  

Tragic. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....and you killed it Deej!(pun intended)....for some reason I actually got serious for a moment.....I better go check my temperature..... :D
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....and you killed it Deej!(pun intended)....for some reason I actually got serious for a moment.....I better go check my temperature..... :D
    GNT is serious.....  Houston, we have a problem!!
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....and you killed it Deej!(pun intended)....for some reason I actually got serious for a moment.....I better go check my temperature..... :D
    GNT is serious.....  Houston, we have a problem!!
    Frantic Bear GIF - Frantic Bear Cartoon - Discover  Share GIFs
    Kurben
  • edited March 1

May be an image of 1 person and text that says Stephen King StephenKing Between you and me Twitter Ive seen the new SALEMS LOT and its quite good Old- school horror filmmaking slow build big payoff Not sure why WB is holding it back not like its embarrassing or anything Who knows just write the fucking things 259PM 21924 From Earth 24K Views 120 Reposts 14 Quotes 11K Likes 19 Bookmarks

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • edited March 28
    Bev, were you a part of this New Demons anthology that went tit’s up?  And what exactly did the co editor do? It seems to be common knowledge but I can’t track a detailing. Apparently this is a long term problem with this person who everyone allowed to keep operating at abusive levels. Good job to those who pulled out. It seems, though, it takes 100 Writer Monkeys to realize they are on the wrong side of decent. 

There were big names involved in this as contributors. Could you please speak to how you know where to submit your work?  How do you trust anything when over the last couple years scandal after scandal plagues the horror/sf/fantasy writing community? 

And what is truly disgusting to me is that no one protects anyone from falling prey. These vague postings don’t help anyone. The attitude seems to be “it happened to me so fuck everyone else. They are on their own.”

Where is any honor in the community? I listen to tons of authors speak a good game but they don’t want that writing pool to expand, despite what they say.  They want new writers to fall into every pit. Mentors? Advisers? Helpers?  My ass. 

GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Ah. Google New Demons anthology dropping out and click on file 770. If interested. Explains a lot. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Ah. Google New Demons anthology dropping out and click on file 770. If interested. Explains a lot. 
    ....caught that announcement earlier when Joe Hill put out a note....his submission will appear elsewhere, when the time is right.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Bev, were you a part of this New Demons anthology that went tit’s up?  And what exactly did the co editor do? It seems to be common knowledge but I can’t track a detailing. Apparently this is a long term problem with this person who everyone allowed to keep operating at abusive levels. Good job to those who pulled out. It seems, though, it takes 100 Writer Monkeys to realize they are on the wrong side of decent. 

There were big names involved in this as contributors. Could you please speak to how you know where to submit your work?  How do you trust anything when over the last couple years scandal after scandal plagues the horror/sf/fantasy writing community? 

And what is truly disgusting to me is that no one protects anyone from falling prey. These vague postings don’t help anyone. The attitude seems to be “it happened to me so fuck everyone else. They are on their own.”

Where is any honor in the community? I listen to tons of authors speak a good game but they don’t want that writing pool to expand, despite what they say.  They want new writers to fall into every pit. Mentors? Advisers? Helpers?  My ass. 

I wasn't part of that anthology and wasn't familiar with the editor who was at the center of the controversy. I know the other co-editors quite well and feel bad that they got caught up in all this, as well as for the contributors.

The genre does a pretty good job of looking out for people whose past behavior is in question. In this case, a few of my writer-friends did their due diligence before calling the guy out. But there's also a sense of not drawing unnecessary additional attention to his alleged victims, which is why I think in this case the comments were more muted and vague than usual.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir
  • edited March 29
    Just because someone makes a claim doesn’t mean it is true. We can’t jump on a bandwagon and ruin someone’s life and career so yes, there does have to be careful consideration given.

i just came off watching Quiet On The Set (which I recommend) and there were years of horrible behavior. And people knew and watched it and did nothing. 

Now, part of me understands this. These people have families and bills and a powerful person could freeze them out from ever working a decent job again. And their power can extend outside the field just by who they know.  It is scary. People are scared. There is a lot at stake. 

On a smaller scale but still matters, there have been more than one hushed scandal in the horror community.  And once someone says something, the floodgates open with stories of long term problems.  

How to fix it? I don’t know. It just takes enough  brave people to say, “knock it off, that ain’t right.”

and I agree, you don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. This book wasn’t this one person, so why can’t the Lansdales continue with the project? A lot of good stories there. 

GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir

• BABY REINDEER: Holy shit

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • That's an understatement -- it is really jaw-dropping.
    not_nadineGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben