Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What’s in a name?

2»

Comments

• Helpful hint -- if you're looking for emojis, type a colon followed by a letter and you'll get a list of those available. :sunglasses:

GNTLGNTcatOut of OrderFlakeNoirdoyoulove19SundropKurben
  • Sundrop said:
    My favorite soft drink is Sundrop, so I chose that name at SKMB.  Almost immediately, everyone called me Sunny.  I like that too, and started to change it but decided to stick with the original, and still enjoy being called Sunny
    Sundrop drink? ... Man ... Must be a US drink. 
    Sun Drop 12 fl oz cans 12 pack  Dollar General
    catNotaroOut of OrderFlakeNoirHedda Gablerdoyoulove19Sundropspideyman
  • Throatwobbler Mangrove was already taken...😩
    FlakeNoircatHedda Gablerdoyoulove19SundropspideymanGNTLGNTKurben
  • :mask:

:trollface:

:star:

:cookie:

:mrgreen:

:neutral:

:joy:

Hell to the yeah!
    FlakeNoircatdoyoulove19SundropspideymanGNTLGNT
  • :mask:

:trollface:

:star:

:cookie:

:mrgreen:

:neutral:

:joy:

Hell to the yeah!
    Oh sweet Lord, what have we done?
    catdoyoulove19SundropspideymanGNTLGNT
  • I AM A GOLDEN GOD!!!!!
    FlakeNoircatdoyoulove19SundropspideymanGNTLGNT
  • I AM A GOLDEN GOD!!!!!
    Damn, I have to log in with my phone to properly answer this. 
    Hedda Gablercatdoyoulove19SundropspideymanGNTLGNTKurben
  • Sundrop said:
    My favorite soft drink is Sundrop, so I chose that name at SKMB.  Almost immediately, everyone called me Sunny.  I like that too, and started to change it but decided to stick with the original, and still enjoy being called Sunny
    Sundrop drink? ... Man ... Must be a US drink. 
    You can't find it everywhere in the US.  Mostly in the southern states.  
    Hedda GablerspideymanGNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirdoyoulove19Out of OrderKurben
  • Ceefor - as in C for Cat! =^..^= Mew!  :love:
    NotaroFlakeNoirOut of OrderGNTLGNTHedda GablerspideymancatSundropdoyoulove19
  • So ... Flake is named after the chocolate bar ... :)
    GNTLGNTspideymancatFlakeNoirKurben
  • So ... Flake is named after the chocolate bar ... :)
    Specifically the "Noir", which we cannot get here now. That's right, I'm rare... just like the chocolate bar, only not spelled the same. (I may have mixed things up a little there.)
    SundropspideymanGNTLGNTNotaroHedda Gablerdoyoulove19
  • FlakeNoir said:
    So ... Flake is named after the chocolate bar ... :)
    Specifically the "Noir", which we cannot get here now. That's right, I'm rare... just like the chocolate bar, only not spelled the same. (I may have mixed things up a little there.)

Paul Edgecomb:
    Your name is John Coffey?

John Coffey:
    Yes sir boss. Like the drink, only not spelled the same.

FlakeNoirspideymanNotaroSundropHedda Gablerdoyoulove19Out of OrderKurben
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Paul Edgecomb:

John Coffey:

:rofl: I did that on purpose.... :D
    GNTLGNTspideymanNotaroSundropHedda Gablerdoyoulove19Out of Order
  • FlakeNoir said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Paul Edgecomb:

John Coffey:

:rofl: I did that on purpose.... :D
    EVEN I SAW THERE WHAT YOUDID Even I Saw What You Did There
    spideymanNotaroSundropdoyoulove19Out of OrderFlakeNoirKurben
  • In high school, we had an English teacher that was known to be very tough.  Everyone avoided taking his classes, but I made sure I had him every year.  

He was passionate about what he did.  Not only did he bring us interesting material to study, he challenged us to think differently about it.  To see something no one else saw.  To discuss and debate our thoughts on the material we read.  To analyze. 

And he was truly interested in what you had to say.  He loved all the different ideas.  Because, no matter what a person reads, we attach our lives to it.  Every single thing you read leaves you feeling something, even if it's boredom or indifference.  

One day, he brought us a mimeographed copy  (smell that paper, kids) of the play, Hedda Gabler by Henrik Ibsen.  I will never forget how animated he was while handing it out.  I can still see him and hear him as he said the name with a maniacal look on his face and a sinister tone -- Hedda Gabbbbbbler.  I laughed so hard.

Anyway, Mr. S was one of those teachers who didn't phone it in.  He loved to teach. And he taught me to love anything and everything that continued to challenge me, entertain me, anger me, confuse me, embrace me -- in his honor, I am -- Hedda Gabler.
    I am different today.  It’s an interesting thing how that can happen. 

I learned that Mr. S died in December of 2023. 
    I hate this dying thing. 

If you are so inclined, raise a toast to your favorite teacher, or the teacher that saw something more in you than you saw in yourself. 

GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Missed this somehow. I suspect you know my story most of you but anyways..... Kurben is simply a mixup of my first and last name. At the SKMB i even had a photo of myself when sightseeiing in Colorado as my thumbnail. But that was on a former computer that crashed. I managed to salvage some but not all of the content.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerSundropFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Toast Gif - IceGif
    This was an absolutely perfect gif. Thank you
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir