Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What's Cooking?

1171819202123»

Comments

• Neesy said:
    Trying something different today - I had a sirloin tip roast leftover in the fridge (already cooked) so I am going to attempt a beef stew in the slow cooker - hope it turns out okay!
    I managed to get about 1 1/2 pounds of chopped up beef, after removing any fat or gristle.
    It would be all ready to go by now but I got interrupted by my neighbors reporting a (probably) stolen bike left in between our two houses.

Beefstew memes Best Collection of funny Beefstew pictures on iFunny
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I'm sure you could -- it's coming from an imprint of Penguin.
    Penguins imprinting... and cookbooks, I just feel a level of anxiety rising. 
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I'm sure you could -- it's coming from an imprint of Penguin.
    NEW - The Little Penguin Cookbook by sally james  eBay...I'm certain this will help.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    I'm sure you could -- it's coming from an imprint of Penguin.
    NEW - The Little Penguin Cookbook by sally james  eBay...I'm certain this will help.....
    Oh my gawwwd... 😳
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • I love this kid. His food looks so good. Sometimes his recipes get a little labor intensive, (not all, not most), but he generally gives you a quick version too. 

I am always looking for new salads. Different but tasty. I tend to make the same basic boring salad  even when I think I’m adding pizzazz — for example — with yellow cherry tomatoes instead of red. Or some other lesser inspired, super sad substitution. 

I think i’m making a trip to Whole Foods to get ingredients for these. They look amazing. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I love this kid. His food looks so good. Sometimes his recipes get a little labor intensive, (not all, not most), but he generally gives you a quick version too. 

I am always looking for new salads. Different but tasty. I tend to make the same basic boring salad  even when I think I’m adding pizzazz — for example — with yellow cherry tomatoes instead of red. Or some other lesser inspired, super sad substitution. 

I think i’m making a trip to Whole Foods to get ingredients for these. They look amazing. 

I checked him out, yummy! Lots of our meals are basically these salads. (different meats)
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • edited July 2023
    FlakeNoir said:
    I love this kid. His food looks so good. Sometimes his recipes get a little labor intensive, (not all, not most), but he generally gives you a quick version too. 

I checked him out, yummy! Lots of our meals are basically these salads. (different meats)
    They look so good. I just do uninspiring (is that a word? It’s looking weird and not wordish) salads. I am trying the first one in vid today, maybe. 

Yesterday i made these stuffed, baked mushrooms. Oh man are they ever good. I was going to hide them from my family, but there are 22 large, stuffed-to-the-rafters mushrooms, so I decided I would curb the gluttony and share. But they need eaten first before i create a new dish. No waste.  
    NeesyGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I love this kid. His food looks so good. Sometimes his recipes get a little labor intensive, (not all, not most), but he generally gives you a quick version too. 

They look so good. I just do uninspiring (is that a word? It’s looking weird and not wordish) salads. I am trying the first one in vid today, maybe. 

Yesterday i made these stuffed, baked mushrooms. Oh man are they ever good. I was going to hide them from my family, but there are 22 large, stuffed-to-the-rafters mushrooms, so I decided I would curb the gluttony and share. But they need eaten first before i create a new dish. No waste.  

What did you stuff the mushrooms with?

I just made KD Spirals (hardly a gourmet meal)

I may have slightly overcooked them (they only take 3 to 5 minutes and I chose 5)

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Neesy said:
    FlakeNoir said:

I may have slightly overcooked them (they only take 3 to 5 minutes and I chose 5)

Prosciutto, ricotta, cooked spinach, nutmeg, sautéed shallots, and topped with parmesan. 

I love mac and cheese. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • ...if you've ever had yer mushroom stuffed, you know what a thrill that can be.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirnot_nadine
  • Neesy said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Prosciutto, ricotta, cooked spinach, nutmeg, sautéed shallots, and topped with parmesan. 

I love mac and cheese. 
    See now, you nearly had me. I tell you what, put this filling into ANY other vegetable, then we have a (m)deal. 😁
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Neesy said:
    FlakeNoir said:

I love mac and cheese. 
    See now, you nearly had me. I tell you what, put this filling into ANY other vegetable, then we have a (m)deal. 😁
    A lima bean?
    FlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Neesy said:
    FlakeNoir said:

I love mac and cheese. 
    A lima bean?
    I knew you would go there! 😂 Yes I'd eat a stuffed Lima bean before a mushroom ventured near my mouth! 😁

KurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Neesy said:
    FlakeNoir said:

I love mac and cheese. 
    A lima bean?
    I knew you would go there! 😂 Yes I'd eat a stuffed Lima bean before a mushroom ventured near my mouth! 😁

Of course, these would have to be big ass lima beans to get stuffed with this filling.  Yummy!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited July 2023
    shrimp scampi.  Because it's easy and I have the goods.  But I have to close my eyes when cleaning and taking the tail off.   :s  

Shrimp Scampi with Asparagus and Tomatoes - Saving Room for Dessert
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited July 2023
    Crazy Shrimp Lady Funny Seafood Animal Lover Shirt  Fantasywears
    Ordered Shrimp Had to peel shell off all of them - First World Problems -  quickmeme

KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I just fried up some halloumi.  it’s a cheese.  If you’ve never eaten this, it is an amazing flavor.  It comes in a small block. You slice it into rectangles and fry or grill both sides. Cooks quick, like 45 seconds for both sides. Put it on a grilled hamburger. I put it on salads. It is so damn good. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited January 31
    ....visual aid for the cheese deficient..... :D

How to cook haloumi and best haloumi recipes

How to cook Halloumi cheese Pan fried and Grilled Halloumi recipe - My  Greek Dish
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir