Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What's Cooking?

Thank you Bev for showing me how to create a thread

So post whatever you like here related to food - what you ate, what you'd like to eat, what you've cooked or even what your Mom cooked etc.

I'll start - thinking of making banana muffins today - have a few overripe bananas - it's either into the compost with them or else use them up (guess I could always just freeze them in their skins)

Also - if you have any good recipes it would be great to hear them!

BevVincentGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroSundropcat

Comments

• A coworker and longtime friend developed a recipe for making pizza crust that my wife and I have been using almost every week this year. Before COVID, he hosted classes at his house where he taught a small group of people how to make it.

It's fairly involved -- you make a "starter" on one day, make the dough the next and let it rest in the fridge for a full day until it's time to make the pizza. It's high gluten, so it won't be for everyone, but it makes a terrific pizza, especially if you bake it at super-high temperature on a stone. It's one of our favorite things to do. In fact, I have to take the dough out of the fridge to let it come to room temperature soon!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroNeesySundropcat
  • A coworker and longtime friend developed a recipe for making pizza crust that my wife and I have been using almost every week this year. Before COVID, he hosted classes at his house where he taught a small group of people how to make it.

It's fairly involved -- you make a "starter" on one day, make the dough the next and let it rest in the fridge for a full day until it's time to make the pizza. It's high gluten, so it won't be for everyone, but it makes a terrific pizza, especially if you bake it at super-high temperature on a stone. It's one of our favorite things to do. In fact, I have to take the dough out of the fridge to let it come to room temperature soon!
    Amazoncom Farmhouse Kitchen Yum Reverse Canvas Framed Print Sign Handmade
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroNeesycat

My brother-in-law and his wife built themselves an outdoor pizza oven, I have so many fond memories of great pizza nights with them, they used a similar recipe as you and your wife by the sound of it. 
    They sold that property toward the end of his illness, some new family will hopefully be making fresh pizza evening memories. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroNeesySundropcat
  • FlakeNoir said:
    A coworker and longtime friend developed a recipe for making pizza crust that my wife and I have been using almost every week this year. Before COVID, he hosted classes at his house where he taught a small group of people how to make it.

My brother-in-law and his wife built themselves an outdoor pizza oven, I have so many fond memories of great pizza nights with them, they used a similar recipe as you and your wife by the sound of it. 
    They sold that property toward the end of his illness, some new family will hopefully be making fresh pizza evening memories. 
    .....I feel that in my heart Flaker.....I never got the chance to cook a meal over my grandpa's outdoor set-up because my mom sold the place out from under me.....I wanted to char a steak there like he did when I was but a wee GNT.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroNeesySundropcat
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    A coworker and longtime friend developed a recipe for making pizza crust that my wife and I have been using almost every week this year. Before COVID, he hosted classes at his house where he taught a small group of people how to make it.

.....I feel that in my heart Flaker.....I never got the chance to cook a meal over my grandpa's outdoor set-up because my mom sold the place out from under me.....I wanted to char a steak there like he did when I was but a wee GNT.....
    They leave great big holes in our hearts don't they? But what wonderful memories we've made. <3 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroNeesycat
  • Good stories up above. I don't use a starter dough but I do make my own crust with yeast (it's actually pretty easy and a lot better than using a commercially made crust).

Never did get to those bananas so might make muffins with them or some sort of quick bread.

Hey! - it's Monday! Happy Monday and I hope that there's something good to eat when you get home.

Pumpkin Spice Banana Nut Bread - This Silly Girls Kitchen

Oh look! It's a pumpkin spice banana bread :o

GNTLGNTSundropOut of OrderNotaroHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FUNNY DIE GET YOUR FLU SHOT NOW AVAILABLE IN Pumpkin Spice Gin  Meme  on MEME

Where's that facepalm emoji when I need it! :D
    GNTLGNTOut of OrderNotaroHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • I have ingredients to make a blackberry peach cobbler.  I've never tried this combination, and am looking forward to seeing if it turns out okay

NeesyGNTLGNTOut of OrderNotaroHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • Sundrop said:
    I have ingredients to make a blackberry peach cobbler.  I've never tried this combination, and am looking forward to seeing if it turns out okay

Oh My God Omg GIF by Hells Kitchen - Find  Share on GIPHY
    SundropOut of OrderNotaroNeesyHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Sundrop said:
    I have ingredients to make a blackberry peach cobbler.  I've never tried this combination, and am looking forward to seeing if it turns out okay

Come on over to the stump, big guy.  I'll share ♥
    GNTLGNTOut of OrderNotaroNeesyHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • Sundrop said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    Sundrop said:

Come on over to the stump, big guy.  I'll share ♥
    thank-you-gif - Love Ty Alexander
    Out of OrderSundropNotaroNeesyHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • Sundrop said:

I’ll hold out for the blue raspberry peach cobbler......hahagykyrghhtfvj! 

Gosh I cracked meself up with that one🤗🤗
    SundropNotaroGNTLGNTNeesyHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • edited August 2020
    Sundrop said:

The blue raspberries went to the birds this year....... :p

Out of OrderNeesyGNTLGNTHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • Sundrop said:

A goofball you are true it is - Advice Yoda Gives  Meme Generator
    SundropOut of OrderNeesyHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • Sundrop said:
    Sundrop said:

I’m sure the Dodos and Passenger Pigeons enjoyed them...
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerSundropcatFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Sundrop said:
    Sundrop said:

....don't forget the White Swamphens.....
    Hedda GablerSundropcatFlakeNoirNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Sundrop said:
    Sundrop said:

Not to worry, although extinct, the White Swamphen preferred Kiwi Lime Pie...🤗🤗
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerSundropcatFlakeNoirNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Sundrop said:
    Sundrop said:

Not to worry, although extinct, the White Swamphen preferred Kiwi Lime Pie...🤗🤗
    Key Lime Pie  Key lime pie Key lime Sweet tarts
    Hedda GablerSundropcatFlakeNoirOut of OrderNeesy
  • All your food sounds so good neesy, keep your adventures in the kitchen coming. 

Have you ever cooked a lobster? Tips?
    GNTLGNTcatFlakeNoirOut of OrderSundropNeesy
  • We got down to 40 last night and it has been cool today...first sign of fall. Snowed up high so I made chili today. 😄
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirOut of OrderSundropNeesy
  • cat said:
    We got down to 40 last night and it has been cool today...first sign of fall. Snowed up high so I made chili today. 😄
    ....you have my address right?.....
    Hedda GablercatFlakeNoirOut of OrderSundropNeesy
  • All your food sounds so good neesy, keep your adventures in the kitchen coming. 

Have you ever cooked a lobster? Tips?
    A lobstrocity!? Are you kidding - no - we normally get those at Red Lobster - I'm not that adventurous - I should ask Andy if he has ever cooked one (I'm guessing he has)
    cat said:
    We got down to 40 last night and it has been cool today...first sign of fall. Snowed up high so I made chili today. 😄
    Mmmmm - chili sounds really good right now - I'm thinking of cooking a nice big bone in ham I bought - it says it is fully cooked but my Mom always put hers in the oven with a bit of water and covered it with a lid.

I have a big roast pan so I figure that's a good way to warm up the house. It is getting cool already and it's only the first day of September

South Your Mouth Coca-Cola Glazed Ham

Wow - found this picture - never tried that!

catGNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablerOut of OrderSundropNotaro