Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

2020 SKMB October Horror Movie Marathon!

SICK of waiting all year?  It's that time of year again! Welcome back to the 2020 SKMB October Horror Movie Marathon!

Here's how it works:
Watch scary/horror movies in October...whatever YOU think is horror (or scary) is fine!
Talk about them here, or at least list the title
At the end of the month, we tally up how many horror movies you watched
1-12 movies: Bangor Buddies
13-18 movies: Tet-Mates
19-30 movies: Horrorslingers
31 movies or more: Ultimate Kings of Horror!

Even if you only watch one or two scary movies, this is a great thread for horror movie enthusiasts to share their finds and talk some horror!  M-O-O-N, that spells movies! 

FlakeNoirNotarospideymancatnot_nadineGNTLGNTSundropNeesy

Comments

• Count me in!
    catfushingfeefGNTLGNTSundrop
  • YAYAYAYAYYAYYAYAYYAYYY!  Love the banner/photo!

I've been gearing up for this.  I have my game face on, behind my mask.
    catfushingfeefGNTLGNTFlakeNoirSundrop
  • I'm in too, I have one or two movies here to rewatch.... 
    fushingfeefcatGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymanSundrop
  • I am going to post my reviews on both this site and the Weekend Playground concurrently so as to not leave anyone out!
    catGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymanSundropNeesy
  • ....thanks Bob for manning the helm again......I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts.....I just wish I had time to participate, but my wonky work schedule leaves me out.....kinda like a movie character running through the woods and tripping on a stick which then plunges them into a cellar....
    catHedda GablerFlakeNoirfushingfeefspideymanSundrop
  • I'll be here... not watching any horrors right along with you all. <3 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerfushingfeefspideymanSundrop
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I'll be here... not watching any horrors right along with you all. <3 
    Bring on the Horror movie marathon - Imgflip
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerfushingfeefspideymanSundropNeesy
  • Preliminary candidates for October viewing...a mix of new and old
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirspideymancatSundropNeesy
  • Preliminary candidates for October viewing...a mix of new and old
    ....me likey the Godzilla artifact in the back....
    FlakeNoirspideymancatfushingfeefSundrop
  • fushingfeef said: uh
    Preliminary candidates for October viewing...a mix of new and old
    That’s a pretty impressive collection for the marathon.
    FlakeNoirspideymancatGNTLGNTfushingfeef
  • fushingfeef said: uh
    Preliminary candidates for October viewing...a mix of new and old
    That’s a pretty impressive collection for the marathon.
    ....it's amazing how many of those he got past the Wally World security in his shorts!.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gablercatfushingfeef
  • October 1st, boils and ghouls!  I'm a night time movie watcher so my first review will go up later.  Let's forget about the world for a while and get scared in a good way!
    NotaroHedda Gablernot_nadineSundropGNTLGNTFlakeNoircatNeesy
  • October 1st, boils and ghouls!  I'm a night time movie watcher so my first review will go up later.  Let's forget about the world for a while and get scared in a good way!
    I really do appreciate your time doing this.  I look forward to it every year.  And with that,
    I'll start us off I guess.

This year, my goal is to watch horror from foreign countries.  NB, Neesy and Flake, if you have a good Irish, Canadian or New Zealand horror movie you would recommend, please do.  Flakers, I know you don't watch horror, but have you heard about a good one from the kids maybe?

If anyone would care to recommend a horror movie set in their state (Texas? Ohio? North Carolina? etc...) would be fun, or, if you don't want to reveal the state, maybe give me a region horror movie.  Just a really great east coast horror movie, southern horror, midwest horror etc...  

I have my tried and true horror movies I go to every single year and I'm sure I'll bore you all with them as I have the last, how many years have you been doing this feef?  I always fall back on my beloved Halloween movies.  But, I'm going to try really branch out this year.
    SundropGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoircatfushingfeef
  • edited October 2020
    1.  Ghost Stories* -  *denotes I have never seen this before.

A hindi language anthology horror film.

This was a Netflix entry of 4 stories and I have to say, I was impressively chilled.  Each contributor did a really good job with their entry. I loved the visuals as I'm one of those who pays attention to environment, even when it's just background noise.  

The first story gives us a young nurse taking care of her elderly patient; the second, a very odd look at a mentally unstable pregnant mother?  and a possible evil kid.
    The third gives us a man going to a village to help in a school and finding things very wrong.
    And lastly, the fourth, an arranged marriage (which the wedding is absolutely rich in color and tradition) between two upper crust,  beautiful girl and beautiful man -- but something stands between them.   

I would recommend this.  If just to get you to step out of your horror box.  The stories themselves might not be all that original, but they are given to us, the viewers, from a new and original viewpoint.

GNTLGNTcatfushingfeefFlakeNoirspideymanSundrop
  • Y'all can't see me, but I'm dancing around like a nut, singsonging "It's here! It's here! October is here!".......yes, my co workers are convinced I'm crazy. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoirHedda GablercatspideymanNeesy
    I really do appreciate your time doing this.  I look forward to it every year.  And with that,

This year, my goal is to watch horror from foreign countries.  NB, Neesy and Flake, if you have a good Irish, Canadian or New Zealand horror movie you would recommend, please do.  Flakers, I know you don't watch horror, but have you heard about a good one from the kids maybe?

If anyone would care to recommend a horror movie set in their state (Texas? Ohio? North Carolina? etc...) would be fun, or, if you don't want to reveal the state, maybe give me a region horror movie.  Just a really great east coast horror movie, southern horror, midwest horror etc...  

I have my tried and true horror movies I go to every single year and I'm sure I'll bore you all with them as I have the last, how many years have you been doing this feef?  I always fall back on my beloved Halloween movies.  But, I'm going to try really branch out this year.
    https://www.cleveland.com/life-and-culture/erry-2018/10/69390a6ee71963/18-horror-movies-set-in-ohio.html
    Hedda Gablercatfushingfeefspideyman
  • Sundrop said:
    Y'all can't see me, but I'm dancing around like a nut, singsonging "It's here! It's here! October is here!".......yes, my co workers are convinced I'm crazy. 
    ......ummmmm, honey?......let me clue you in......it ain't just yer co-workers..... <3

She Crazy GIFs  Tenor
    FlakeNoirHedda GablercatfushingfeefspideymanSundropNeesy

Hedda here are a couple of recent Irish movies that I thought were decent. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda GablercatfushingfeefspideymanSundrop
  • Just so you all know, being the resident chicken sh*t... I will be WTF face(ing) all over this thread, quite randomly... so please don't be offended. 
    It's my contribution to Halloween. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablercatfushingfeefspideymanSundropNeesy
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Just so you all know, being the resident chicken sh*t... I will be WTF face(ing) all over this thread, quite randomly... so please don't be offended. 
    ...let me help you get started darlin'......
    Disgust Face GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

FlakeNoirNotaroHedda GablercatfushingfeefspideymanSundropNeesy
  • GNTLGNT said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Just so you all know, being the resident chicken sh*t... I will be WTF face(ing) all over this thread, quite randomly... so please don't be offended. 
    ...let me help you get started darlin'......
    Disgust Face GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Thank you.  😄
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablercatfushingfeefNeesy
  • Thanks Scott and NB.  I will definitely see if I can get ahold of one or more of those!
    catFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNT
  • 2.  American Murder, The Family Next Door*

This is also a Netflix entry, a documentary about the murder of Shanann Watts, Bella and CeCe Watts.

An absolutely well produced documentary on a real-life horror.  I've watched numerous docs on this case and this one contained original footage of the family, real conversations, police body cams beyond what we've seen in other docs.  I think it was pretty brutal in its honesty.

Before I say this, I want to make sure you all know where I stand on the murder.  Chris Watts is a disgusting excuse for a human being and a man, father, husband.  Horrible person who if anyone deserves the death penalty, he does.  But, he was saved from that because he pled guilty and told what he so hatefully did with their bodies.

No excuse for murder.  None.  Get a damn divorce and move on.  

Now having said that, Shanann was the dominate one in their family. She did wear the pants. What she said was law.  She belittled him and ridiculed him by what I saw in this doc.  Which makes it such a good documentary.  It lays out a snapshot of some family dynamics that we weren't necessarily privvy too in other documentaries I've seen. But, the victims are the victims.  I'm not victim shaming here.

I do think Chris felt emasculated by her and loved the attention of an adoring woman who he had the affair with. AGAIN, not in any way an excuse for what he did, and his kids? WTH. All they did was love their daddy. And he treated them like trash.

I would recommend this, even if you have watched other documentaries on the case.  It gives a different layer to it all.  Doesn't change anything in my eyes, but interesting nonetheless.

1.  Ghost Stories*
    2.  American Murder -- The Family Next Door*

catfushingfeefFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNTSundrop
  • 2.  American Murder, The Family Next Door*

This is also a Netflix entry, a documentary about the murder of Shanann Watts, Bella and CeCe Watts.

An absolutely well produced documentary on a real-life horror.  I've watched numerous docs on this case and this one contained original footage of the family, real conversations, police body cams beyond what we've seen in other docs.  I think it was pretty brutal in its honesty.

Before I say this, I want to make sure you all know where I stand on the murder.  Chris Watts is a disgusting excuse for a human being and a man, father, husband.  Horrible person who if anyone deserves the death penalty, he does.  But, he was saved from that because he pled guilty and told what he so hatefully did with their bodies.

No excuse for murder.  None.  Get a damn divorce and move on.  

Now having said that, Shanann was the dominate one in their family. She did wear the pants. What she said was law.  She belittled him and ridiculed him by what I saw in this doc.  Which makes it such a good documentary.  It lays out a snapshot of some family dynamics that we weren't necessarily privvy too in other documentaries I've seen. But, the victims are the victims.  I'm not victim shaming here.

I do think Chris felt emasculated by her and loved the attention of an adoring woman who he had the affair with. AGAIN, not in any way an excuse for what he did, and his kids? WTH. All they did was love their daddy. And he treated them like trash.

I would recommend this, even if you have watched other documentaries on the case.  It gives a different layer to it all.  Doesn't change anything in my eyes, but interesting nonetheless.

1.  Ghost Stories*
    2.  American Murder -- The Family Next Door*

I saw a trailer for this and wondered if it was the same one we talked about a while back. I did look it up but couldn't watch, I only have the basic Hulu and it was on the premium side. So I am definitely going to try to catch this one. 

fushingfeefFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNTSundrop
  • I have a few movies recorded to get me started, but I have been in a very meh mood about TV lately. Just don't have the patience for it right now. But, I am still going to participate! Maybe some good horror flicks will get me out of my TV rut.
    fushingfeefFlakeNoirspideymanGNTLGNTSundrop