Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Ogilvy Affair

2»

Comments

• edited February 2021
    ....I would be honored sir....and would enjoy seeing the same.....
    KurbenBevVincentFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited February 2021
    I'm very pleased by your comments -- it hits all the marks of what I was aiming for. I especially like that you twigged to the title allusion. I was very smugly self-satisfied about that! Would you mind if I pulled an excerpt from your comments as a blurb for a promo tweet?
    That's fantastic!  I love it.

Bev, I'm headed to Barnes and Noble -- are any of these recent short story collections you've mentioned that you're in available there?
    KurbenBevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyNotaro
  • Scott, bev must not be around.  If you are, are any of the books you've recently purchased with his stories in them available at B & N?  Do you know off hand?  I'm headed out soon.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Can I mention you by name?
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyNotaro
  • I'm very pleased by your comments -- it hits all the marks of what I was aiming for. I especially like that you twigged to the title allusion. I was very smugly self-satisfied about that! Would you mind if I pulled an excerpt from your comments as a blurb for a promo tweet?

Bev, I'm headed to Barnes and Noble -- are any of these recent short story collections you've mentioned that you're in available there?

I haven't been in a Barnes and Noble for probably two years -- I couldn't say for sure if any of the recent anthologies are carried in-store. Many of them, I suspect not. Online is your best bet.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyNotaro
  • I'm very pleased by your comments -- it hits all the marks of what I was aiming for. I especially like that you twigged to the title allusion. I was very smugly self-satisfied about that! Would you mind if I pulled an excerpt from your comments as a blurb for a promo tweet?

I haven't been in a Barnes and Noble for probably two years -- I couldn't say for sure if any of the recent anthologies are carried in-store. Many of them, I suspect not. Online is your best bet.
    I have 100 bucks on B &N cards — was hoping to spend that on your work in store.   I love browsing.

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNeesyNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Can I mention you by name?
    ...you most certainly can......
    FlakeNoirBevVincentHedda GablerKurbenNeesyNotaro
  • edited February 2021
    I'm very pleased by your comments -- it hits all the marks of what I was aiming for. I especially like that you twigged to the title allusion. I was very smugly self-satisfied about that! Would you mind if I pulled an excerpt from your comments as a blurb for a promo tweet?

I have 100 bucks on B &N cards — was hoping to spend that on your work in store.   I love browsing.

....just now saw your question....sorry kiddo.....I drug my achin' azz out to get some ice melt for the driveway and a few groceries.....I hope to make sure that I don't confuse them.... :D...I've bought from either eBay, Amazon or websites that Bev recommended....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNeesy
  • I love that you did this, Bev. So nice. It was a great write up Scott, so glad you enjoyed it.

I completely screwed up signing up when I downloaded the e-reader app, totally confused myself with how to pay. I will try again when I re-build confidence. 🙄
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I’m halfway through this— i’m so mad! I didn’t get to start it until very late — i shouldn’t have done that because i had to put it down!

really smooth reading so far,  i’ll finish it up today. 
    BevVincentFlakeNoirKurbenGNTLGNT
  • I’m halfway through this— i’m so mad! I didn’t get to start it until very late — i shouldn’t have done that because i had to put it down!

really smooth reading so far,  i’ll finish it up today. 
    ....und yu vill like it!!!!..... ;)
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Finished. I really enjoyed this. Good characters, good story. Very smooth read. Nice job, bev. 

Now a choice— which bev do i read next?
    FlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNT
  • ...I await Dissonant Harmonies.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir