Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Announcing -- Stephen King: A Complete Exploration of his Work, Life and Influences

Explore the evolution and influences of Stephen King’s body of work over his nearly fifty-year career, and discover how the themes of his writing reflect the changing times and events within his life. Featuring archival photos and documents from King’s personal collection, this chronological history delves into the stories behind how his novels, novellas, short stories, and adaptations came to be.

With critically acclaimed titles that have also been turned into blockbuster sensations like It and Carrie, King’s work has stood the test of time across decades. This history of the writer’s struggles, triumphs, bestsellers, lesser-known stories, collaborations, and more makes the perfect addition to any Stephen King fan’s collection.

Celebrate the beloved author and King of Horror with this informational and entertaining look inside King’s most iconic titles and the culture they have created.

Category:History, Biography & Culture
Subject area:Biography
Format:Hardcover Book 240 Pages
ISBN:978-0-7603-7681-2
Size:8.27 in x 10.63 in / 210.06 mm x 270.00 mm
Publication date:  September 20th, 2022
Quarto Imprint:Epic Ink
NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNTnot_nadineFlakeNoir

Comments

• ...will you follow this up please Bev, with a link to order?... I quick-scanned the site, but don't see it listed as yet....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Links to pre-order can be found at the bottom of this page.
    not_nadineGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ...eezy peezy....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Very cool. Congrats Bev on the new book! 
    BevVincentHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • I have it on my (I can't remember the name of it... something) list on Amazon and will pre-order on my next pay week. 

Congratulations Bev, it looks good.
    BevVincentHedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited April 2022

FlakeNoirHedda GablerLou_SytsmaGNTLGNTNotaro
  • The power of Twitter vs. Facebook

I posted about this book on FB on April 8 -- over 500 people followed the link to my blog to read about the book.

I posted about it on Twitter yesterday -- three times as many people followed the link to my blog! It was the main site's best day ever, by far. And today is on a pace to exceed the April 8 visits via FB.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaroLou_Sytsma
  • Well done. This doesn’t have the inserts?  I’m on board either way, but I would love those inserts back in there, with more. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • No inserts -- the second edition didn't have them either. Everything is printed on the page.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited April 2022
    Will still be a great book for my library. Can’t wait! September is so far away. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • I was finally able to pre-order this tonight. Very much looking forward to September. 
    NotaroBevVincentGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I just found out today that, due to transportation issues, the publication date has moved to October 18. I've lost count of the number of times the date has bounced around, but I thought that this close to the most recent date it was pretty firm.
    Hedda GablerKurbenGNTLGNT
  • I just found out today that, due to transportation issues, the publication date has moved to October 18. I've lost count of the number of times the date has bounced around, but I thought that this close to the most recent date it was pretty firm.
    This seriously is a bummer. Not blowing smoke here.  I live one entertainment to the next.  They are messing up my Chi. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
    I got an email from Amazon about this yesterday I think.
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited August 2022
    I've just checked, the email came in on the 9th and my estimated delivery is October 31st. Happy Halloween. 

Edited: pardon me, my mistake. October 31st - November 3rd. 👀
    KurbenGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Canadian Amazon still lists as Sept 13, 2022 and I've received no notification indicating otherwise ever.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • This might help sales a little.

Lou_SytsmaFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Yeah, maybe give a bit of a nudge.  ;)
    BevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Teresa at Village Books said she got a bump in orders for signed copies after that went out.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Your new workout equipment?

Is it the same dimensions as the previous one?
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTKurben

No, this one is more square.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT

No, this one is more square.
    As long as it fits in, or on my bookshelf... we're good. 
    I'm getting old though, I definitely see minor facial injuries in my future with this one. ☺
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTKurben
  • It's about the same size as a sheet of paper (US-sized), and a little over an inch thick. I definitely wouldn't want to fall asleep reading this one!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler