Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Announcing -- Stephen King: A Complete Exploration of his Work, Life and Influences

Comments

• My estimated delivery is now September 30th - October 5th. 🤞🙏
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • ...yep, I got another update that mine should should ship in a couple of weeks....
    FlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • I was going to try to read this through the library--got to watch the $--but it looked like they weren't going to get it, so I broke down and bought it.  Now it appears that because of some unknown Amazon algorithm, I'm getting this book before Fairy Tale. 
    BevVincentKurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirLou_SytsmaHedda Gabler
  • Updating:  I got word that this book, Fairy Tale and 2 other items from a total of 3 orders will all be arriving in the same package today.  At least the Amazon price for Fairy Tale dropped 12 cents after I ordered it!
    BevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda GablerLou_Sytsma
  • Mine has been shipped, due here by September 27th. 🎉❤
    BevVincentGNTLGNTHedda GablerLou_Sytsma
  • For those of you awaiting the eBook edition:
    • ASIN ‏ : ‎ B0BDP13HQR
    • Publication date ‏ : ‎ October 4, 2022
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma
  • I got mine yesterday. I haven't had a chance to do more than thumb through it a little but I really like the way it looks and is put together, like a scrapbook. I think that adds a nice personal element! 
    FlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNTLou_Sytsma
  • They wanted a smaller footprint for this book.
    Hedda GablerLou_SytsmaGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Got mine today. Looks pretty slick . 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTBevVincentcatKurben
  • ...mine arrived as well....handsome book.....
    BevVincentHedda GablercatFlakeNoir
  • I am 40 deep. But i do have a question — just like the phone number 867-5309 caused the owner problems, what about poor Jan Kaminski at 374 N. Old Rand Road? Or whoever lives there now? 😳 (page 38)

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • If you google the address, you can find out!

I doubt this book will have the culture impact of Tommy Tutone!
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • I don’t know Bev — i think i disagree.  This is an informative book on one of the greatest authors ever.  It will give insight to his cultural impact, and so becomes part of the cultural impact. 

Which is just so cool. ❤️  Don’t forget us little people . 

BevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • Holy shit Batman! The tracking update says my book is in NZ and has cleared customs, I'm so excited to see this book in person. I never got to see the first companion book. ❤
    BevVincentGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • It's here! 

I'm a little embarrassed, I took it out of the box and it had very little to protect it. (one of those air bag thingies, but in a large box) I looked at the slipcase and thought Oh no, it's been damaged during the flight! Then ran my hand over the cover.
    Duh Flakes. 🙄
    I love it. ❤
    BevVincentGNTLGNTHedda GablerLou_SytsmaKurben
  • .....from what I have read thus far, Bev has woven the words so that even well-worn ephemera appears new.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirLou_SytsmaKurben
  • The page titled Books and Stories Featuring Writers was quite interesting. I know the books, stories and characters, but wow! Information obviously in the books I let roll off. I honestly could have only named a couple of these authors “works.”  

And Paul Sheldon had a Misery’s Hobby?  😂 for some reason, that made me chuckle. 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • It was a spoof booklet he printed to send to friends.
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
    Lucky friends. 

Can you at least tell us, what was Misery’s hobby? 
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Ordered mine yesterday. Will be here hopefully by the end of next week. Perhaps beginning of week after that.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited September 2022
    It was a spoof booklet he printed to send to friends.
    Lucky friends. 

Ever since the third book, he had hated her. For April Fools' Day four years ago he'd had a small booklet privately printed and had sent it to a dozen close acquaintances. It had been called Misery's Hobby.

NSFW spoiler:
    In it Misery spent a cheerful country weekend boffing Growler, Ian's Irish Setter. 

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
    Lucky friends. 

Ever since the third book, he had hated her. For April Fools' Day four years ago he'd had a small booklet privately printed and had sent it to a dozen close acquaintances. It had been called Misery's Hobby.

NSFW spoiler:
    In it Misery spent a cheerful country weekend boffing Growler, Ian's Irish Setter. 

Well. That’s quite an interesting hobby. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • As Scott mentioned, nice job in really refreshing old information, Bev.  Great book, so many works i need to revisit. 

BevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Not only did Stephen find a box of personal books of his dad’s, he also found stories his dad wrote and submitted.  He even got personal rejections. 
    Has stephen ever shared any information about the stories themselves?  Did he write vampire tales? Bodice rippers? Sci fi? 
    Did he ever consider trying to get his dad’s stories published on his behalf? 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT