Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Events / Interviews

We are so very pleased to announce that we will be hosting the launch of author Bev Vincent's new book "Stephen King: A Complete Exploration of His Work Life, and Influences."

Explore the evolution and influences of Stephen King’s body of work over his nearly 50-year career, and discover how the themes of his writing reflect the changing times and events within his life.

This is a free event but space is limited so please reserve your space at: BEV_VINCENT.eventbrite.com.

Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT

Comments

• Be safe and smart. This will be a great event and I want this book! 

Do the attendees get the book in advance? 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • No -- and they aren't required to purchase it, either.

The bookstore will be putting up a dedicated page in a few days for people from away who would like to mail order signed/inscribed copies.

This is a new store in our community, opened during COVID, which I thought rather brave, so I'm happy to be able to support them with this event.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • For anyone who wants to purchase a signed/inscribed copy of the book, use this link to the Village Bookstore
  • The book launch has been moved to October 18 due to supply chain issues that are delaying delivery of the finished books.
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • ...just received another update from Amazon-shipping either 9/20(my birthday)or more appropriately, 9/21(Steve's)......
    FlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...just received another update from Amazon-shipping either 9/20(my birthday)or more appropriately, 9/21(Steve's)......
    Very cool...❤
    Mine advised September 26th - 29th.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I wish the publisher would tell me these things! The official pub date has shifted back to 9/13. Poor Teresa at Village Books -- she had to shift the book launch event when it moved to October...
  • I wish the publisher would tell me these things! The official pub date has shifted back to 9/13. Poor Teresa at Village Books -- she had to shift the book launch event when it moved to October...
    I hate to say this but I got yet another email today and this is the new release date: 

"New estimated delivery date:
    We will email you as soon as we have a delivery date."

There isn't one. 😮
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I wish the publisher would tell me these things! The official pub date has shifted back to 9/13. Poor Teresa at Village Books -- she had to shift the book launch event when it moved to October...
    I hate to say this but I got yet another email today and this is the new release date: 

"New estimated delivery date:
    We will email you as soon as we have a delivery date."

There isn't one. 😮
    ...got the same one Flakers....somebody has their head firmly embedded in their rectal vault....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben
  • My Canadian Amazon delivery date still shows Sept 13, 2022. :(
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Amazonstill shows Sept 13, too. I’m hoping to get a copy this week. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I'll be on Geek To Me Radio live at 9:00 Central tonight.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I'll be on Geek To Me Radio live at 9:00 Central tonight.
    You can call in or tweet questions.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma
  • Once again, nicely done.
    FlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNT
  • Do they record these sessions? Is there a way of tuning in afterwards? I've tried to find something via your link but haven't seen anything yet.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Do they record these sessions? Is there a way of tuning in afterwards? I've tried to find something via your link but haven't seen anything yet.
    The audio version will be on their website at some point and the full video will show up somewhere after they've processed it to remove ads, etc. 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Here's the interview from Stephen King Rules:

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben
  • edited September 2022

Between the Lines: Bev Vincent, Interview by Stephen King

As one of the world’s foremost authorities on King’s work, Vincent has often been interviewed about Stephen King. We decided to shake things up a bit: In this exclusive The Big Thrill first, Vincent is interviewed by King. Please join us in welcoming Bev Vincent and Stephen King to this month’s Between the Lines spotlight.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTLou_SytsmaHedda GablerKurben
  • What an awesome feather in your cap!

Congrats.

BevVincentHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Do they record these sessions? Is there a way of tuning in afterwards? I've tried to find something via your link but haven't seen anything yet.
    The audio version will be on their website at some point and the full video will show up somewhere after they've processed it to remove ads, etc. 
    Here it is:

Lou_SytsmaGNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Nice interview with Reading and Writing Podcast. 

I didn't realize Peter Straub and Stephen wrote The Talisman in the same room at times.  And I liked that little bit of info about sharing their writing even though they were on different systems.  

120 ish stories? One hundred twenty ish stories.  No short story anthology.  WTH Bev!
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • Bev Vincent: Documenting the King of Horror (Interview conducted by Blu Gilliand)
    GNTLGNTLou_SytsmaFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Two Old Farts Talk Sci-Fi - Part 1 (1950-1979) of a three-part dive into Stephen King: A Complete Exploration of His Work, Life, and Influences
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTLou_SytsmaFlakeNoirKurben