Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Is there a connection?

2»

Comments

• Wasteland's is one of my favourite books, especially I think since we come across my favourite villain at the end of the book

Jazz, The Waste Lands is my very fave and I will be very interested to hear what you think of Wizard and Glass. :)

Lin
  • Aah. A BM fan.

Now taken out of context this is not sordid at all - its gross and disgusting it is! :o
  • Good one, Bob.
  • I thought that also, however I apparently, have the ability to giggle to myself. :)
  • Now taken out of context this is not sordid at all - its gross and disgusting it is! :o
    Good one, Bob.

;D Heh heh

I'm here to discuss disgust. That's why I serve them in the first place ;)
  • Thats sad Sunny. Really it is
  • I'm here to share in sadness too. That's why I serve it...specially for you Ford, my pretty penguin as usual ;D
  • Well guys, I've finished The Wastelands and I'm onto Wizard and Glass now. I'm glad I didn't read it when it first came out cos to finish the book where it did and have to wait for the next one would have driven me nuts!

Kxx
  • Jazzy, did you love The Waste Lands? I'm partial to it because it's my favourite book of the series thus far (I still have to say that with VII due next month!), and basically of SK overall.

Lin :)
  • Jazz, did you like who appeared near the end of Wastelands?

"Andrew," the voice said.

I totally love that scene.
  • Jazz, you don't mind us asking you multitudes of questions do you? ;D

Lin
  • hehe ... :)
  • Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has read 'The Green Mile'? I just finished it,(although I have seen the movie quiet a few times),and I still find myself crying.Now Thats A Good Book!! ;D And  I'm rather pleased how close they are.Usually they massacre King's books when turned into movie's. I have to say I Loved them both.But I'm straying from the point/questions.Point:John Coffey was a 'breaker'.In the story John has the power to heal.At one point Paul Edgecombe feels overwhelmed by "the spirit of discord",he can't move or talk then John steps forward "and that other spirit-SOMETHING WHITE-took control of the situation".That's amazing there's that white again.Question1:So is John Coffey from a level on the Tower? No one knows where he came from, "he just dropped out of the sky".Question2: Does anyone know of another mention of him?'DT' or otherwise?'Hearts in Atlantis' maybe?(Thats the next book on my list ;))I hoped maybe there was a mention of him somewhere,He was a great character.-Crimson Queen 8)
  • Hi, CQ - welcome to the board :)

I read The Green Mile a long time ago and haven't had the time for a re-read yet, but it is a really good book and the film is even better :)
  • Hi Dukky.

How's the neck coming along? Hope it is better.

I like The Green Mile in book form. Read it in installments way back when it first came out. Every month's allowance was saved towards those six paperbacks.

As for the movie though, I just can't get into it. Too overlong for my taste. Which is kind of curious since I like Shawshank Redemption a lot and it is also quite long and also shares the same director.
  • sunny99 wrote: Hi Dukky.

How's the neck coming along? Hope it is better.

I like The Green Mile in book form. Read it in installments way back when it first came out. Every month's allowance was saved towards those six paperbacks.

As for the movie though, I just can't get into it. Too overlong for my taste. Which is kind of curious since I like Shawshank Redemption a lot and it is also quite long and also shares the same director.

Hey, sunny :)

My shoulder/neck is feeling alot better now, thank you :)

Just a minor discomfort I have felt last night and today.

Haven't had to take any painkillers for the last couple of days either :)
  • Hi Crimson Queen! I just recently finished listening to The Green Mile on audio. While the book and movie are very touching - listening to the story is even more moving.

I really like the movie - though Shawshank eclipses it. With TGM Darabont stumbled somewhat with the closing bookend. Why he did not show Mr. Jingles not passing away mystifies me. The book version supplies hope for Paul, the movie ending leaves him in purgatory.

John Coffey was not a Breaker to me. He was a Healer. The total opposite.
  • Hello Lou, So to you John Coffey was a 'healer' and not a 'breaker'?Now is a 'healer' in some form or another a kind of 'breaker'?I wonder? ;)

To bad John Coffey can't help DTUK out. :-[

I'm sure you'll feel better soon,as the Monty Python boys say:"Always look on the bright side of Life". ;D

-crimson queen

All Hail You Know Who!!!
  • crimson_queen wrote:

To bad John Coffey can't help DTUK out. :-[

Now that would be something :D
  • DTUK wrote:

Now that would be something  :D

If Coffey doesn't utter these words: "I try to take it back but it was too late" :o

Just kidding ;D