Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Wow - S/L from CD Pubs

Comments

• The wait is always worth it for the good things :)
  • OK Just to confirm I also got an email from Mindy at CD Publications who told me the folowing:

tRttDT - early 2005 hopefully January

Illustratied Trivia - early 2005 hopefully January

Faithful - now shipping [note to self: woohoo! even though the Boston Red Sux won!]

Hardcover CD Magazine Issue #50 - currently being bound

SK Uncollected, Uncirculated - early 2005 {sigh}

I am also waiting on my 12 Scary Guys calendar from Borderlands Press!
  • I'm getting the signature sheets for the lettered Trivia book in the next day or so. I plan to fly up to Maryland after the holidays to sign everything else--trade paperbacks, limiteds, etc, once everything is on site.
  • Sounds like it's all coming together now! :)
  • My work mates are nearly as excited as I am to see my name in an SK related book - WOOHOOOOOOOOOO! :D

• Bev_Vincent wrote: I'm getting the signature sheets for the lettered Trivia book in the next day or so. I plan to fly up to Maryland after the holidays to sign everything else--trade paperbacks, limiteds, etc, once everything is on site.

That's exciting Bev! :) Progress is good. ;)

Lin
  • Bob - You might want to call or write to Borderlands Press because the 12 Scary Guys calendar has been out since late this last summer.
  • Well that's pretty interesting - I thought it was a 2005 Calendar! I just sent an email to BP - I paid for this in July!
  • Yeah, I got my copy at NECON in July, hot off the presses. It IS a 2005 calendar, but it's been out for quite a while.
  • Just thought I would update with this, which is part of an email from Mindy at CD:

We really do apologize for the wait. Initially, we had problems with the artwork, (something that was not brought to our attention until the very last moment), and this resulted in us having to reassign the job -- and a couple months of delay. We're back on the track, the book is headed to the printer, and we expect it back within 6-8 weeks.

6 to 8 more weeks... :(

But, I am going to get a free book from them, so that is nice. :)
  • newinside wrote: Just thought I would update with this, which is part of an email from Mindy at CD:

6 to 8 more weeks...  :(

But, I am going to get a free book from them, so that is nice.  :)

Thanks for sharing that information new. It's nice to have a potential date that the process might be underway. I hope your free book is worth the wait. :)

Lin (who is now really curious about what you chose or did you have a choice?)
  • I was offerred my choice of a signed limited edition of one of the following:

THE FOLKS, Ray Garton

THE FERRYMAN, Christopher Golden

FEARFUL SYMMETRIES, Thomas Monteleone

REVENANT SAVIOR, Dominick Cancilla

SCISSORS, Ray Garton

Since they are a bit out of my normal genre and I don't know any of them, I just picked the first one.

• newinside wrote: I was offerred my choice of a signed limited edition of one of the following:

THE FOLKS, Ray Garton

THE FERRYMAN, Christopher Golden

FEARFUL SYMMETRIES, Thomas Monteleone

REVENANT SAVIOR, Dominick Cancilla

SCISSORS, Ray Garton

Since they are a bit out of my normal genre and I don't know any of them, I just picked the first one.

new, that's awesome! :) Coincidentally, a friend at SKBB also was extended the offer, he was happy. After soliciting opinions, he chose Scissors. Please let us know what you think of your choice later on.

Lin
  • Hi Guys

What's the latest on the signed limited - I feel like I've been waiting a loooong time....
  • The only reliable source of information is info AT cemeterydance.com. I haven't had any updates lately.
  • Latest info for those of us that have STILL not received our books, and are STILL (not so patiently) waiting...

A reply from Mindy @ CD :

Greg, initially, it was simply because it was taking a while for us to receive the trades from the publisher and then Bev had to sign 100s of them. We just received Bev's signed copies about a month or two ago and figured at that point, we'd just wait for hte book to come out and include a note. That said, I'm going to send your freebie stuff now.... will go out this week. We have been sending to some folks who asked about them.... Again, thanks for your patience. ~MINDY

Shant be long now one hopes.
  • I was wondering about the RttDT today, thanks for the update, OT.
  • I saw the finalized dust jacket design yesterday, so we're getting very close!
  • The whole project is worth the wait, Bev...can't wait to see this :)
  • From the CD newsletter:

The deluxe Limited Edition of THE ROAD TO THE DARK TOWER (Bev Vincent) is finally almost here. We approved the cover proofs earlier this week, and we expect to have copies before the end of the month. We just placed our slipcase order, so no more delays are expected. Look for a few nice production surprises on this title to help make up for the wait!
  • It actually will provide me with a great excuse to re-read the series again...

Really Bev, still can't wait.
  • I saw this. Finally!

But the cover they showed was different than the one in your avatar, which I thought was going to be the cover. It's really classy, and I like it. I mean, it's as good as any of the DT book covers themselves.

EDIT: I mean your avatar/cover is as good as any of the DT covers.
  • Have they posted on the web site? I haven't seen it there yet. The illustration that's on the ROAD web page at CD is actually from the Stephen King Universe, an Alan Clark work. Glenn Chadbourne did the cover for the CD edition of ROAD. My avatar is the NAL trade paperback cover.
  • Bev,

Just had a quick look at the CD web site and they don't seem to have updated the cover. Can you give us a preview?

BTW, I have pre-ordered the limited but couldn't wait and so brought the NAL Trade a few months ago. Great book and it's really helped me appreciate just how deep DT was...

CK

• It came in a CD newletter email today. I didn't know they were going to change the cover, but it makes sense. My special edition Essential SK (got it free with The Road To The DT last year) is different from the regular version.