Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Wow - S/L from CD Pubs

Comments

• Here it is in all its splendor:

• Very impressive! I can't wait to get it.

CD have now updated their site to include the cover, BTW.

HBJ
  • That is awesome Bev! And since DT III is my fave of the series and of any, I'm thrilled to see good old Shardik on the cover. :D 8) Gee, is that Roland? He looks big-a$$ creepy! :o ;D
  • It is a nice cover. The paperback version is still my preferred one though.
  • Nice work, though I too prefer the NAL paperback cover too.

I have usually prefered static images on covers to actual artwork which could do very well inside the book.

Still nice though :)
  • Got my trade ed from CD yesterday along with the bookmarks.  I was very surprised to see that it was signed by Bev.

I was under the impression that the Ltd Ed was the one that was going to be signed...

Now I don't want to read either of them.  Oh, and so there is no confusion, I am still waiting on the Ltd.

Like the bookmarks, I find the cover of the Ltd. (which I saw on BevVincent.com, and then again on the CD site immediately before coming here) to be quite busy.

I was on my way to bed when I saw the mail and ended up staying up for at least a half hour longer just looking at the trade ed.  It is a beautiful book.  Read the author credits, and similar non-DT related stuff before hitting the proverbial hay.

Can't wait.
  • All the trade paperbacks that came with pre-orders of the CD limited were signed by me -- over 300 of them!
  • But Bev, the Limiteds are signed too with our chosen words? 8)

Lin
  • No, the limiteds are just signed -- because of the way book production goes from the time I sign the pages until the book is produced, it would have made for a bookkeeping nightmare, plus there would always have been the chance that a specific signature sheet would be damaged during production.

The chosen words were written on the trade paperbacks. And I didn't always use the chosen words when they didn't seem natural or true to me.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: No, the limiteds are just signed -- because of the way book production goes from the time I sign the pages until the book is produced, it would have made for a bookkeeping nightmare, plus there would always have been the chance that a specific signature sheet would be damaged during production.

The chosen words were written on the trade paperbacks. And I didn't always use the chosen words when they didn't seem natural or true to me.

Oh yes, thanks Bev. Well there goes my "Lin, you've always been my true love" signature. :P 8)

Thanks! Cannot wait for this stuff!

Lin
  • SpamQueen wrote:

Oh yes, thanks Bev. Well there goes my "Lin, you've always been my true love" signature.  :P 8)

Thanks! Cannot wait for this stuff!

Lin

lol, Lin  :P

why would Bev send you long sig lines when he is busy composing mine  :P :P :P he doesn't have time for you...hahaha! ;D

Oops - modified to ask: are the RttDT books being shipped then?

If so can't wait for mine. :)
  • Most of the trade paperbacks are waiting to ship with the S/L, whenever that is ready. Some people requested their trades go out early, so a few have shipped.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: Most of the trade paperbacks are waiting to ship with the S/L, whenever that is ready. Some people requested their trades go out early, so a few have shipped.

Ahh, thanks, Bev.

I'll wait for mine to come with the hardback copy too. All one package then.

• Here's an update page from CD with some great photos of the finished book. Isn't the sig page cool?
  • Looks awesome! 8-)
  • Looks awesome Bev.... darn it's been a LONG wait! :-*
  • gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme :D
  • The word I got from CD a few minutes ago is that shipping will start today and probably last 7-10 days.
  • Here's the official word:

The Road to the Dark Tower by Bev Vincent has arrived at our warehouse and we're currently packing and shipping copies to our customers. We have a lot of orders for this title so it may take up to two weeks for all the copies to ship. If you haven't seen the pictures of our edition of this title, visit the Photo Gallery to check them out!
  • So, which has been longer: the road to the Dark Tower, or the wait for the S/L The Road to the Dark Tower? ;D

Just kidding....can't wait to finally have this in my hands!

Blu
  • Today's update from CD: The Road to the Dark Tower (Bev Vincent): We have finished shipping well over half of our preorders and expect to finish in a week or so. Thanks for your patience -- between the holiday slowdown and an overwhelming number of orders for this title, it has taken a couple extra weeks to complete the packing and shipping.

I like the "overwhelming number of orders" comment!
  • Don't have mine yet, dropped a line to cemetary dance today, hope to hear if it's on the way soon.

Lin
  • Well.... hmmmm... got a "pick-up" notice from the post office!!!! What could it be??? OOOOh I hope it's the book!!!! Couldn't get there on time today, will "repote" tomorrow!!!!

Lin :) (who has to be careful how she uses the term "pick-up" notice...) :p
  • SpamQueen wrote: Lin :) (who has to be careful how she uses the term "pick-up" notice...) :p

OMG, right!?!? ::)

I do hope it's Bev's book, dahling... you've waited long enough. :)
  • Woo hoo!!! Beauty book Bev, I cannot wait to read it now. :) Thanks for the nice inscription on the trade, I have #680 on the limited. I'd say my only concern was not getting the something extra for waiting and having to pay any shipping charges since I prepaid, but I'll take that up with CD of course. 8-)

Congratulations my friend. A fine production indeed.

Cheers,

Lin