Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Wow - S/L from CD Pubs

Author: CrinVA

Bev,

This is great news - just read my CD Pubs Newsletter and immediately headed over to CD Pubs website and ordered my Limited The Road to the Dark Tower! :D

I simply love the quality of CD Publications books - and there was a pleasant surprise - a free Trivia paberback ed! WooHoo!

Go here now! :D

Author: Bev Vincent

I'm happy as a pig in slop about this -- I've known about it for months and months, but I haven't been able to say anything until now.

The free book, by the way, is the trade edition of Road, not the trivia book -- or did you see something I missed? This way, you can thumb through and mark up the cheaper copy and keep your limited edition pristine!

Author: newinside

I agree - this really is great.

Now, if only I actually had the money to buy the books...

Author: DTUK

How much is $75 in UK currency? anyone know?

Author: CRinVA

Bev,

Somehow my order added a free Trivia pb - I never asked for it - subsequently, I got an email from Mindy telling me that $20 would be added to my order for the Trivai pb. I told her to take it off as I have already ordered the Trivia HB!

I should have figured this news months ago, knowing your relationship with CD Pubs!

Bravo!

:D

DTUK, I am sure there is an exchange converter on the net, but I'd guess it's about 40 to 50 pounds - sorry don't know how to get the correct symbol for your currency! :D

Thanks CRinVA :)

I was chatting to my friend in Canada awhile ago and she said the same thing, that she couldn't find the £ sign either. I think you might find the character “£” on your character map...heck the thing for my PC even does Japanese symbols and stuff.. :~ but they come out as ummm, big rectangular boxes cause I don't have the language converter...ah well.

Bev, this might seem like a silly question, but hey I won't let that stop me...lol :D

Will “Road to the Dark Tower” have an amazon.co.uk release? I just ask because this will be the best way for me to purchase a copy, because I haven't yet got used to revealing so much information on a PayPal format about myself yet, whereby I trust amazon implicitly after having ordered off them without probs for over a year now.

Is still kinda new to internet ordering... :~

Author: Lin242

I ordered it too Bev, I am beyond excitement, there is so much extra goody stuff. One problem though, you can advise if I should contact them directly, you know this stuff better than I. No matter WHAT I did, or what configuration I put my address, it wouldn't believe I wasn't in California! It must read Canada as CA, would you advise me to call them direct? I want to make sure they take the right amount off. When I was ordering, it offered the Trivia book for $20.00. I didn't take them up on it cause shipping to Canada is $16.USD.

What do you suggest Bev?

Thanks so much. Lin

$75 is about £40

Lin -- contact Cemetery Dance directly; you might have to leave them a message. Or you could send a private message to Brian Freeman, who is a member of this board.

I don't know yet what is going to happen with the UK in terms of ordering or editions. Penguin purchased rights to publish in all English speaking countries, but I haven't heard yet whether there will be a UK edition and if so when it will be published. I asked my new editor a couple of days ago and she said she'd look into it.

Will do Bev, thanks. :)

I'm happy as a pig in slop about this -- I've known about it for months and months, but I haven't been able to say anything until now.

You keep secrets better than anyone I know. You must feel like you're going to explode sometimes. :)

Lin

You're not asking me to post that Louis Del Barre/Scanners image again are you?

Well, there's always at least one other person I can share all my news with. Otherwise I just might. Explode, that is. I've known about the possibility of this book since last summer.

Thanks for the info, Bev. Hopes an edition will be published here, which I think it probably will be :)

Sadly .. yes.. :) You can never explode too often. :D

Is your wife (assuming you are talking about her and not Stephen King :)) beyond excitement? Does she share your love of King? Is your daughter old enough to be name-dropping?? :D Is this too much questioning?

Lin

Comments

• Author: Tree705

Congrats Bev. I placed my order and made a note to get my Nal copy with the personal inscription. I put my full name down so no excusses about not knowing it's me. I expect a well thought out inscription, no lame ass best wishes allowed! :D

Bev, is this Limited Edition a hardback edition, seperate from the trade paperback you mentioned as arriving in the autumn?

Is very close to ordering a copy ... :) and the seven bookmarks sound fantastic (one for each DT book :))

Is your wife (assuming you are talking about her and not Stephen King ) beyond excitement? Does she share your love of King? Is your daughter old enough to be name-dropping??

My wife doesn't read King but she's met the Kings with me and is very excited about the great things that have been happening with my publishing career. She's a huge support to me and my biggest cheer leader. Our daughter is seventeen and finds this all a little bit surreal. She mentions things to her friends sometimes, but she's not a name dropper, per se. She's been to King's office with me, but hasn't met the Kings.

I expect a well thought out inscription, no lame ass best wishes allowed!

Note to self -- throw out drafts of lame ass inscriptions and start thinking well. ;)

Bev, is this Limited Edition a hardback edition, seperate from the trade paperback you mentioned as arriving in the autumn?

This is a seperate hardback edition, being announced today for the first time. NAL sold the subsidiary rights to a hardcover edition to Cemetery Dance Publications. The contents should be mostly the same, though there is a chance that we might add some material to the limited edition if the contract allows. You also get a free trade paperback copy of the book if you order now.

Author: durdy

I can't order a copy until I find out if I won a copy or not .

db

Bev, that is so exciting for all of you I think. My sons are 18 and 21 and they really respect my love of Stephen King books (in fact my oldest read IT when he was 12). They think it's pretty cool that I know someone (even in this cyber-capacity) who is actually writing a book ABOUT my favourite books in the world. :)

Lin :)

Author: BrianFreeman

Yep, the Cemetery Dance Publications edition will be an oversized hardcover edition with a slipcase. (Similar to the deluxe hardcover edition of STEPHEN KING UNIVERSE that CD published!) You can find out more about it here:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/html/news.shtml

Best wishes,

Brian Freeman

http://www.cemeterydance.com

Will we be given notification of dispatch date for your book, Bev?

And I would love a personal message in my copy (a well thought out inscription, please)

and a little Crimson Eye or something ;) If you need any information for the message then please just send me a private message, Bev and we'll sort out name and stuff :)

Is getting so excited, I cannot wait...this is as big as waiting for DT7 to be released ~0

Brian: Ty also for the extra info :)

After autographing 1,000 Limited's and the Deluxe Editions, I think Bev's hand might need a vacation...lol

Oh, that's what I forgot to ask...does the $75 include the postage cause when I ordered the book, it never asked for postage, just charged the $75 Pay Pal said they would do the currency conversion and just bill my credit card which I thought abit odd...they never asked for any special messages either. I might have done something wrong cause this was my very first time using PayPal, but the confirmation email said it's been ordered for $75...arrrrrrgh! the details... :~ %) (@)

For US addresses, shipping is free for preorders! For non-US addresses, shipping has to be added. If you order via PayPal, Mindy at our office will figure out what the exact amount of postage will be and then she'll email you about paying that seperate shipping amount via PayPal. Because shipping to non-US addresses can vary so much, we figured this is the easiest way to make sure no one gets charged too much or too little!

If you have any questions or if you want Bev to inscribe your copy, you can email Mindy at
    mindyj@cemeterydance.com
    -- she'll take care of you!

best wishes,

Brian Freeman

http://www.cemeterydance.com
  • Author: Bev Vincent

The most I've ever signed for a book is about 650 copies, and those were straight signatures, no inscriptions. This is going to be a little more challenging! I'll be interested to see how it all works out.

I'm going to let CD handle all the requests for personalization and inscriptions as I think this is the only way we can do it without everyone involved going insane. And we wouldn't want that, now, would we?!

Would we? #)

Have emailed Mindy, Brian, thanks for the email link :) I will await Mindy emailing me on how to pay the other $25 for shipping :) and have also mentioned to her about the inscription :)

Bev we definetly don't want mass insanity...lol

Night all..

No problem! Let me know if there's anything else I can do!

Author: Brautigan

Yeah Bev!! This is awesome for you AND us! Ordered the Limited edition right away. Can't wait for incredibly non-lame ass inscriptions to us loyal message boarders!!

Congrats!!

Author: jhanic

...this is the only way we can do it without everyone involved going insane. And we wouldn't want that, now, would we?!

Would we?

Don't you mean MORE insane?

Well, it's all relative, isn't it. Who among us can claim to be perfectly sane. No, you in the back, put your hand down. We know better... :p

I find sanity so boring, and what's being sane anyways?

If the world is sane then I'm glad I bought some tinted spectacles :)

A word about inscriptions -- CD advises me that the absolute best way to transmit this information is to put it in the Comments field when you order, whether it be via their web site or PayPal. That keeps all the paperwork in one place and minimizes the headaches for everyone. It also minimizes the chances that I'll sign your book to the wrong person or use the wrong “lame ass” inscription, as someone politely called it! #)

Excellent -- I did that, so what I should see is:

Dear Lin and Steve, you are the best fans an author could ever want. Surely there are not enough words to let you know the depths of my gratitude, but let me try....

It goes on for a paragraph or two... ;)

JUST KIDDING!!! Kept it short and sweet.

Have a great weekend Bev, I'm going to get my office organized for Monday....

Lin :)

Author: dan

This is probably “off-topic” since it's not about the signed/limited. I couldn't find any mention of when we can order Bev's book through amazon? Am I too early to be asking? Sorry, I can't afford the CD versions, but I anxiously await The Road!

It's not listed yet. I expect it probably won't be until maybe June or so when the cover is finalized. I'll post links everywhere under creation when it goes on sale!

Author: Tree705

the wrong “lame ass” inscription, as someone politely called it!

HeHe, it stuck in your head didn't it. It will be interesting to see what I get. :D

Yeah, be very careful opening your copy... ;)

I'm a lucky bastard, or so they say. There's a little misinformation in it (they imply TRTTDT will be out before Song of Susannah and they don't mention the trade edtion) but I think it's the first time I've seen something like this written about me by someone I don't know.

yes you are a lucky bastaaaaard! :D

I can't disagree there. My wife tells me I live a charmed life.

Author: Jojje

Hi Bev!

I just want to say that I ordered the Limited Edition from CD today. I'm really looking forward to it! :)

Also, will there be any art work in the Limited Edition? I saw that Glenn Chadbourne would do something for the Lettered, but what about the Limited. Who will do the cover art for example? Sorry for being nosy. ;)

Thankya big big!

I don't have any of those details yet. I'll letcha know as soon as I do.
  • Author: Bev Vincent

Cemetery Dance reports that The Road to the Dark Tower is selling very well, and time is running out for you to take advantage of their special preorder offers.

They have less than five copies of the signed, traycased Lettered Edition left available for preorder. This edition will be bound in leather, housed in a hand-made traycase, signed, and it will also feature an original Dark Tower drawing from Glenn Chadbourne on each signature sheet to make every single copy unique!

• Author: Jojje

Originally posted by Bev Vincent

I don't have any of those details yet. I'll letcha know as soon as I do.

Thanks, Vince Beverly!

...yepp, I just read your story in Borderlands 5, he he. ;) BTW, when I was at the Gothenburg Filmfestival in January I saw the danish movie Reconstruction which actually had a similar theme as “One of Those Weeks”. Sorry, a bit OT.

Bev,

I am moving this week and I need to update CD with my new address (so I actually get your book as soon as possible). Any idea who I should contact to get my order updated?

Thanks.

E-mail Mindy (mindyj@cemeterydance.com) with your information.

xcellent. Thanks.

CD reports: There are less than FIVE copies of Lettered Edition of Bev Vincent's The Road to the Dark Tower left! This edition will be sold out long before publication in the fall so place you order ASAP so you don't miss out. Don't forget that this Lettered Edition will feature an original Dark Tower drawing from Glenn Chadbourne on each signature sheet to make every single copy unique!

Is the reference to a chadbourne face on currency (in Pere Callahan's tale - DT V) a reference to this particular artist?

I don't know that for a fact, but I like to think so. Glenn's a great guy.

I have a very cool drawing of his that I won at CD. I am looking forward to his illustrations in your book.

• From CD Weekly

Production Update #3:

The Road to the Dark Tower is coming along nicely. Right now we're waiting on some of the special art for the book, but we'll rush it through as soon as possible for a late November release. For those of you who ordered this book directly from CD back when it was announced, the free copies of the trade paperback are enroute to Bev Vincent right now for him to sign, and we expect to start sending them out in the next week or two! Keep watching this newsletter and our Breaking News page for more information!

I signed the books last night and am now just awaiting shipping instructions to get 'em back to CD.
  • Good to hear, Bev.

I look forward to actually getting to read the book!
  • newinside wrote: Good to hear, Bev.

I look forward to actually getting to read the book!

Agreed, New. I haven't picked up anything to read since finishing DT7... this would be a nice continuance.
  • I commented on this at SKBB Bev, but it can't hurt to say again that I'm really happy about it. :)

Lin
  • Yeah, I was very excited when I saw in this in CD's email yesterday.  More DT needed.

Bev, you keeping a tab on how many times you've signed your name recently starting back with what, Borderlands 5??
  • Before that: I signed the limited edition of The Essential Stephen King by Steve Spignesi. I haven't kept track. I did decide with ROAD though to start signing as Bev rather than confuse people with my full name. Eventually it will amount to a lot less wear and tear on my wrist to drop those four letters...and I'll save a ton of ink!
  • Still anxiously awaiting the free paperback from CD. I did not hear back from them on when to expect that.

Anyone else received their copy or have an idea of timing?
  • So far I've only flat-signed 100 copies. I haven't yet received copies where a specific personalization was requested.
  • I must admit that I am starting to find this delay quite frustrating.

It would have been nice to know about this ahead of time. :(
  • Don't take this wrong - I'm a big fan of Cemetery Dance as a publisher, I have several of their books and quite a few more on order. That being said, it's been my experience that they rarely meet the first publication date they give.

I don't know why that is, and let me be sure and say - the wait is ALWAYS WORTH IT, because they put out some really fine books. But I've always been a little frustrated with the delays in getting their stuff.

Blu
  • And here we are, almost a month to the day after my previous post, and I STILL DON'T HAVE MY COPY FROM CEMETERY DANCE!!! At the very least, I wish they'd send the trade paperback that's BEEN IN STORES FOREVER! I don't mind (as much) waiting on the deluxe edition, but this is getting frustrating.

Blu
  • Ahh! Someone else in thesame club as me! :o
  • I just sent Cemetery Dance an e-mail asking for an update on that (along with about five other books I have pre-ordered there). I'll post their response here when I get it.

Blu
  • Hm... let me see - I am waiting on them to ship:

• Faithful
    • tRttDT
    • SK Trivia
    • 50th Edition of CD Magazine Hardback
    • SK Uncollected & Uncirculated by Rocky Wood
    I anxiously await your response from CD. Mindy is usually pretty good at getting back to you.

Bob
  • Hey Bob -

There was a thread over at Shocklines.com talking about some of the late CD books. Brian Freeman posts regularly there, and he had this to say:

Hi folks!

As promised, more updates are on the way in CD Weekly. As soon as I have news about these projects, I will put it in there and on the Breaking News page of the website. I've moved them to the top of the list.

As someone mentioned, often the delays are unexpected and due to material taking longer to write than originally planned. Starting this year, we're only announcing projects that have already been delivered to us. I know that doesn't help those of you who are waiting for something that's still being written, but it should prevent some of these issues in the future.

As Richard said in his "thank you" post on Shocklines a few short weeks ago, we're going to continue to improve on this matter in 2005. We realize we need to do a better job with it and plan to do just that. Thanks for your patience.

If you have other questions, feel free to email me:
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Best wishes,

Brian Freeman

www.cemeterydance.com

Hopefully I'll get some news on the specific titles I e-mailed them about earlier. If so, I'll put it here. Still, it seems that they are aware of the problems and are taking strides to correct them.

Blu
  • I've never really complained because they ship quality stuff. Patience is a virtue - right!

I've waited longer with The Overlook Connection and really longer with George Beahm Inc. :)
  • Got a response from Mindy at Cemetery Dance this morning:

"Taverns of the Dead" and "Walpuski's Typewriter" are at the printer... both due in late December or, with the holidays, will probably get bumped to January.  "Stephen King Uncollected" and "Road to the Dark Tower" will be out in New Year... and.... 

For "100 BEST," we're waiting to hear from a couple big named authors for contracts.  I do apologize for the delay in getting this out, however, with the small press, delays are often the case.  I'm not sure if you're used to ordering from small presses, but we are very different from the mass market publishers out there.  Books are delayed for many various reasons . . . some is in our control, much of it is not.  For example:  The CENTURY'S BEST is a book we would love to have out by now; it will be a very successful book for us and something we're very proud of.  John Pelan is a wonderful editor, but getting permissions has taken longer than planned. 

Okay, with all of the stuff that's not out ANYWHERE, I'm cool. But the delay on "Road to the Dark Tower," which has been out for so long - I just don't get it. I'm really disappointed they couldn't get that out before the end of the year - and that there is no concrete date given even now - just "the New Year."

I know it'll be a great package, and well worth the wait, but...I'm just glad they've announced the new policy of not announcing books until they're actually in. Hopefully this will help cut down on the LONG wait for some of their books.

Blu
  • Bev, didn't you already sign the free paperback they were giving away to early S/L orderers??

Not sure why they wouldn't throw us a bone and mail those now???
  • Blu Thanks for the update.

I guess I better email Mindy and find out about Faithful as I ordered it through them (they are just reselling it) and it should be shipped any day as it has been out for a couple of weeks now! This is not a CD version - that I can understand. I just gave them my business as I like the small presses and have always liked the products that CD Pubs puts out.
  • Brautigan wrote: Bev,  didn't you already sign the free paperback they were giving away to early S/L orderers??

Not sure why they wouldn't throw us a bone and mail those now???

I only signed 100 out of nearly 3-400 total advance orders. The rest will be done some time in January.
  • Oh well, I guess it'll be a blue christmas without you Bev!! :D