Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Road to the Stokers

Comments

• Bev_Vincent wrote: I received notification overnight that The Road to the Dark Tower is now officially a Bram Stoker Award nominee.

Congrats, Bev! So exciting! Thanks for sharing the promotional poster/announcement with us. I hope you get to hear your name & book called!

Bev_Vincent wrote: It may never happen again.

Don't be silly--of course it will.

All of us have faith in you.
  • I just found out that the Awards ceremony is going to be recorded by The Horror Channel.
  • From what I have seen on the web you appear to be the odds on favourite in the nonfiction category!
  • Does this mean people are betting on me?! Where can I get a piece of that action?
  • Check out the Dark Delicacies events page for the list of people who will be signing on June 25th.
  • From Fangoria.com

June 9: Big Stoker Awards authors signing in Burbank

On Saturday, June 25 at 2 p.m., Burbank horror store Dark Delicacies (4213 West Burbank Boulevard) will host one of its biggest book signings of the year, to tie in with the Horror Writer’s Association Bram Stoker Awards. A whole bunch of the genre’s best authors will be on hand for the event, including Steve Niles, Chuck Palahnuik, Nancy Holder, John Skipp, David Morrell, Harry Shannon, Deborah LeBlanc, Nancy Etchemendy, Gary Braunbeck, David Szulkin, John Everson, Maria Alexander, Nick Mamatas, Corrine de Winter, Bev Vincent, Rain Graves, Denise Dumars, and others.

The Stoker ceremony and accompanying convention will take place June 24-26 at the nearby Burbank Airport Hilton. Michael Gingold

• Bev_Vincent wrote:

Note the new countdown clock!
    HOW many days until the Stokers? 1387923? its this year.. or millenium?
  • Ratty wrote:

HOW many days until the Stokers? 1387923? its this year.. or millenium?

One million days? hmmmmmm...I'm betting on it being the next millenium, Andy!  ;) hehe

My clock shows the days and hours and minutes and seconds.
  • I think the javascript picks up the date and time from your end, so if it's showing something wonky it must be fetching a strange date value from you!
  • Ratty wrote:
    That's about what mine has, too. But my date and time in the top right corner are correct.

I noticed with the counter when you had it a while ago that it seems to dislike "non-standard" browsers: It would be correct with Explorer, but Opera or Firefox, not so much.

Edit: Yep. If I open this page in Explorer, the countdown clock isn't wonky.
  • Free JavaScript gadget -- I got what I paid for!!
  • See Gary Braunbeck's predictions about who will win the Stokers.
  • I leave today at 5pm for the Stokers! Damn, I'm excited!
  • Jonathan report in when you get a chance!
  • I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon and won't be around the board until Monday, probably, when I'll have a report, too.
  • Bev and Jonathan: HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! :) This is exciting.

Oh Bev... no disclaimer? No "play nice"? :D...

*fingers crossed* for ya.

Lin
  • Have fun everyone!

I am using Firefox and am getting the outrageous clock.
  • Have a great weekend, guys :)

• Here is the list of winners. Stephen King and I have something in common; neither of us won! It was a fun weekend all the same, and I'll have more to say about it, along with photos, tomorrow.
  • Photos from the signing

Photos from the banquet
  • Sorry to hear you didn't win, but sounds like a great time was had by all! Cool seeing you and Jonathan as presenters!

• Jonathan was a "recipient" -- he accepted on behalf of Lee Thomas.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: Here is the list of winners. Stephen King and I have something in common; neither of us won! It was a fun weekend all the same, and I'll have more to say about it, along with photos, tomorrow.

Bah. What do they know? :D... well Bev, you couldn't be in better company and neither could he. ;) Anyways, love the pix and you and Jonathan look awesome in a tux! (I think I saw Jonathan before all decked out, but not you!).... glad you got to experience the weekend!

Lin :)
  • Sorry to hear that Bev. I am sure Hellnotes is a fine piece of work but the category seems unbalanced when books and reoccuring publications are considered equal.