Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Road to the Stokers

13»

Comments

• You rub elbows with very interesting people! 8)
  • Bev, you look great in a tux!

It's nice to see new pics of Clive Barker too...too be there with him, WOW!

It looks like a fantastic weekend and...wow, Clive Barker was there too!...

He is my inspiration for writing visualistic poetry :)
  • I'm jealous. That looks fantastic weekend. Bet a few sparks for stories went about, or was it all get the drink down your neck and some general chat thrown in for good measure.

Shame you werent a winner, but then again to be in the presence of some of those calibre of writers, thats a prize in itself.
  • Not so much spark for stories as spark for writing in general. David Morrell's seminar in particular gave me some ideas for how to write better rather than about what to write.

The drinking was, for the most part, in moderation, mostly to lubricate us mostly reclusive folks into being more sociable! Lots of good chatting, though.
  • Sorry to hear that you didn't get the prize you wanted, Bev. But it sounds like it was a great experience, nontheless.
  • Stoker winner John Everson (First Novel) posted some pictures from the Stoker Weekend on his web page. I'm in a few of them!
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: Stoker winner John Everson (First Novel) posted some pictures from the Stoker Weekend on his web page. I'm in a few of them!

And he also was very generous in mentioning you Bev (and your wife), love the pictures and his report was very interesting also! :)

Lin (hey, that's such a cool shirt with all the "circles" on it that you're wearing for the reading)
  • SpamQueen wrote:

(hey, that's such a cool shirt with all the "circles" on it that you're wearing for the reading)

My daughter picked that one out a couple of years ago. When I go to cons I like to wear "interesting" shirts. It's a bit of a running gag, especially with some of the NECON gang.
  • Bev_Vincent wrote:

My daughter picked that one out a couple of years ago. When I go to cons I like to wear "interesting" shirts. It's a bit of a running gag, especially with some of the NECON gang.

Well then, we'll expect some "interesting" pictures from NECON, yes? :D Don't say no.. I can see the counter! ;)

Lin

• I still need to go shopping...
  • Bev_Vincent wrote: I still need to go shopping...

You better get started. Don't feel bad though, I have to buy something to wear to a wedding THIS Saturday. I must be the only girl I know who doesn't really look forward to shopping. :D

Lin
  • Likes the pics of Bev...
  • Here's another picture from my Stoker weekend reading.
  • Here's a great photograph from the signing at Dark Delicacies. I may never stand shoulder to shoulder with Clive Barker again!
  • Likes the group pic...

You're in the company of greatness, Bev :)