Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

I finally have it in my hands

2»

Comments

• At long last, my copy of this book arrived yesterday. Congrats Bev - it's a beaut! The yellow slipcase is a little..yellow...for my taste, but the book inside is very, very nice. The signed trade and the cool bookmarks are nice additions to the package. This is an achievement everybody involved should be proud of.

Blu
  • Glad to hear y'all are getting the book and are happy with it. The yellow is a little shocking. I have a stack of about 10 copies in our office, and I no longer need to turn on the overhead light. ::)

It's a remarkable publication and I'm tickled yellow...er...pink by the results!
  • When I first saw mine I was like wondering - who the hell picked yellow - but it grows on ya and now I pretty much like it! :)
  • Funny.. my first thought was along the lines of "awww man, how am I going to keep THIS clean?!?"

LOL... but, I took it out of the plastic packaging, opened it (carefully), marvelled over it, and promptly put it right back in the plastic. At my house the primary pollutant is cat hair :o ...so the book is doomed unless it's protected. ::)
  • Had an email from Brian & Mindy- mine is getting shipped soon! :)
  • The book is beautiful. The book is UNBELIEVABLE!!!

As if I loved The Dark Tower before. Bev, you blow my mind! I thought I had the connections worked out. This makes King look that much more the genius. WOW! Mind-freaking blowing!!! I will read the series again, now.

A true classic. Is anybody who has Bev's book un-impressed?

Thank you CD and Bev Vincent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • There've been a couple of lackluster reviews on Amazon, but mostly I've heard positive things from readers. If you're feeling really good about the book, a review on Amazon would be most appreciated! There have been (interestingly enough) 19 reviews on Amazon for the longest time!
  • [move]:) :) :) IT'S HERE!!! :) :) :)[/move]

I came on home

on yester'eve

Tired and overworked

I was displeased!!

But imagine my surprise,

When my eyes

beheld a site!!

When walking through the doorway

There was a brown package

All the way from the USA!!

Looking closer,

Though I didn't really need to

I saw the truth of the address

And knew...

Bev's books had arrived!!!

Bev, love the books, matey and love the note you left :)

I will enjoy reading these books and am pleased to have such an accompaniament to my SK collection, and the brilliant DT series.

Thanks, alot!!

Love them!
  • My copy arrived late last week, and it's just beautiful. I was a bit concerned from photos that I'd seen that the yellow slipcase was vivid yellow, but it's more sort of french-mustard colour than banana yellow. Very attractive. The endpapers and frontispiece are ... well ... disturbing. :)

Well done, Bev (and Cemetary Dance)!

HBJ