Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Kane's Mutiny

Comments

• Back at it again after the weekend:

• Finished Chapter 11 and started on Chapter 12.

• Another day, another 1K

• Manuscript page 100 reached at the end of another week.

• Into Chapter 13:

• Truckin' along. Finished Chapter 13 and started 14. I might reach the half-way point by the end of the week if all goes well.

• A lot of dialog this morning, but it added up.

• Tha halfway point!

• A little over seven thousand words this week:

• Finished a chapter and started another. I had to reboot once during the session because my keyboard got stupid, which slowed me down a little, but it was still a good morning.

• I spent some time revising the section I wrote yesterday, because I thought of some details I needed to work into the scene. Then I plunged ahead with the new scene, which takes place in a snooty bistro, so I'm having fun making fun of the high-brow menu and the servers. Since my agent's twin brother is a Manhattan chef, he may get a chuckle out of this.

• Finished off another chapter, a fun scene, and got into another which is a prelude to another fascinating scene. I can't wait to get at that one tomorrow morning.

• Finished Chapter 19. Chapter 20 is going to be even more fun!

• A lighter morning than usual, because I got caught up in a bunch of other stuff that needed my attention. I'll make up for it by working tomorrow, too.

• Didn't get a chance to work on this over the weekend, but I cleaned up a bunch of other stuff on my to-do list so I'll be able to concentrate on this completely for a while. Finished Chapter 19 this morning.

• Got off to something of a slow start this morning, but then I found my rhythm and wrote two short chapters. They might end up being combined later, but I like the idea of shorter chapters, and the ones to date have been pretty long, 2-4000 words each. These are both around 1000 words and it's getting to the point in the book where I really need to start picking up the pace. Shorter chapters is one way to do that.

• Well into the next chapter, with the following three scenes sketched out in my mind already. Reached the 2/3 point in the book.

• Awesome! Sounds like your are really in the groove with your basement muse now!
  • My muse is Pink Floyd at the moment!
  • The end of another week and another chapter. I don't usually like to leave it at a chapter when I'm not going to be working on it for a couple of days, but I have the next scenes sketched out so I shouldn't have any trouble picking it up again on Monday.

• I worked on a short story over the weekend, so it took me a while to switch gears this morning, but I finally found the groove and got some good work done.

• Finished Chapter 23 and got a good start on Chapter 24. Another meal coming up! I'm now past the 3/4 mark.

• I didn't get any work done yesterday morning, but I got right back at it today. I'm in the middle of my first real sex scene in the book, and had to stop just when it was getting good!