Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Re: Under the Dome (TV series)

Comments

• It's interesting to see the flurry of activity once a TV series gets the go ahead.
  • It is -- I'm waiting for them to cast someone I actually recognize!
  • Are we going to see Phil's descent into meth-madness then? Looks like he's been given a career and some respectability! And Dodee's name/character has been shifted, too. Ahhh, the wonders of adaptations! ;D
  • 1D3A29000936313C3A312B5F0 wrote: It is -- I'm waiting for them to cast someone I actually recognize!
    Same here.

John Locke er Terry O'Quinn is available.....

• They couldn't do much more than that since filming hasn't yet begun, though it should soon.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/embed/yJPDwIvR004[/media]

Also, check out www.underthedome.com
  • Aisha Hinds, who played psychic Miss Jeanette on True Blood, has been tapped to play Carolyn Hill, an L.A. entertainment attorney trapped in Chester’s Mill while driving through town with her partner and their daughter on the way to deliver their teen to a camp for troubled youth, says The Hollywood Reporter.
  • Amazon.com Inc. said it's signed a deal with CBS Corp. that will allow Amazon to provide its Prime subscribers with exclusive access to the new CBS show, "Under the Dome." Prime subscribers can view episodes for free four days after being broadcast by CBS, Amazon said in a statement.
  • 'Pan Am' actor cast as 'Under the Dome' hero

Under the Dome has cast its lead role: Actor Mike Vogel has signed on to the CBS thriller as Dale “Barbie” Barbara, an Army veteran who arrives in the small town of Chester’s Mill on a mysterious mission.

The summer series, based on Stephen King’s bestselling novel, previously cast Jolene Purdy, Nicholas Strong, Britt Robertson, Alex Kotch and Natalie Martinez.

Vogel was in the found footage flick Cloverfield and ABC’s Pan Am.
  • Not familiar with him.

Now who are they going to get for Big Jim Rennie?

Terry O'Quinn works for me.
  • Finally, someone I recognize -- and he's perfect, too. 'Breaking Bad's' Dean Norris to Star in CBS' 'Under the Dome'

Breaking Bad's Dean Norris has been tapped to play the leading role of Big Jim in the network's sci-fi drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
  • Agree! Fantastic news!
  • He's not someone I would have thought of in a million years (probably because he's still in Breaking Bad until next summer for me! :P) but he should be awesome!!!
  • He tried to get out of Breaking Bad early because he wanted to do a pilot for a different show, but they wouldn't let him go.
  • New promo page at King's official site: http://www.stephenking.com/promo/utd_on_tv/
  • 34-year-old Rachelle Lefevre has been cast in “Under The Dome” as investigative reporter Julia

While the miniseries Julia is described as married and new to the mysteriously dome-covered municipality, the book’s fortysomething Julia Shumway is single and a longtime resident of Chester’s Mill, Maine, having inherited the local newspaper from her father.

Shumway's seasoned Mill grit was her main asset, I thought. Now she's young, married, and essentially as green to the Mill as Barbie? Sigh.
  • I'm not surprised they're changing stuff up. This isn't really a direct adaptation but rather an ongoing series inspired by the novel. It's more in the vein of The Dead Zone and Haven series than, say, The Stand or The Shining.

According to Ain't It Cool News: Neils Arden Oplev, the director of the original The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, will helm the pilot.
  • A King/Twilight connection! :D

Cool choice of director. I much prefer the original version over the remake.
  • I stopped watching the remake after about 30 minutes. I couldn't see the point in it.
  • Smart man. The remake really lost the relationship between the two leads.
  • I hear they're even thinking of dropping Daniel Craig (and his character) from the second film.
  • Yes which sounds so silly given the unexpectedly amazing success of Skyfall.
  • Want to be an extra in “Dome?”

Have you been dreaming about standing in close-ish proximity to Stephen King and MAYBE see your grinning mug on the small screen?

Well, your opportunity has arrived.

Vanessa Neimeyer, a Wilmington agent who has cast extras for locally shot projects like “Safe Haven” and “The Conjuring,” has been tapped to hire background actors for “Under the Dome,” a soon-to-be-filmed-in-Wilmington mini-series.

Based on Stephen King’s best-selling 2009 book, the summer series, which will premiere at 10 p.m. on Monday, June 24, will begin filming in early March, according to the casting agent’s Facebook page.

Its producers have applied to film in Southport, its film liaison, Cindy Brochure, said Wednesday.

Producers are interested in casting people 30 and older with diverse backgrounds. Some extras are likely to appear frequently, according to the Facebook post.

(For more on extras casting, visit facebook.com/VanessaNcasting.)

The drama will follow the inhabitants of a small New England town who wake up one day to find themselves shut inside a mysterious transparent dome.

Extras will appear alongside actors Dean Norris (“Breaking Bad”), who will play the lead role Big Jim, a town councilman and owner of a used car dealership. “Twilight’s” Rachelle Lefevre was recently cast to play Julia, an investigative reporter who just moved to town with her husband, a doctor.

The two join “True Blood’s” Aisha Hinds, “Secret Circle’s” Britt Robertson, “CSI: NY’s” Natalie Martinez, Mike Vogel (“Pan Am”), Jolene Purdy, Nicholas Strong, Alex Koch and Colin Ford.
  • ‘Under the Dome’ pilot begins shooting this week

The television adaptation of Stephen King’s 2009 novel “Under the Dome” begins shooting its pilot episode at the end of the week. The CBS television series is being produced by Steven Spielberg and Brian K. Vaughn (“Y:The Last Man”) and a full thirteen episodes. It has been reported that Vaughn kept the basic story but has added a few characters to King’s original group.
  • According to Ms. Mod: "Steve's going to be on the set for Under the Dome most of this week"