Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Re: Under the Dome (TV series)

1235»

Comments

• CBS' Under the Dome is adding another rival for Dean Norris' Big Jim.

Grammy-winner Dwight Yoakam has boarded the summer drama from Neal Baer and Brian K. Vaughan, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Yoakam will appear in multiple episodes of the series based on Stephen King's best-seller, playing barbershop owner Lyle Chumley. The character has a complicated history with Big Jim and was once romantically linked to his late wife, Pauline (ER's Sherry Stringfield). Lyle -- oddly like Pauline -- also has a mysterious connection to the Dome and very well may know the answer to its origins.

• CBS' Under the Dome is adding another rival for Dean Norris' Big Jim.

Grammy-winner Dwight Yoakam has boarded the summer drama from Neal Baer and Brian K. Vaughan, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Yoakam will appear in multiple episodes of the series based on Stephen King's best-seller, playing barbershop owner Lyle Chumley. The character has a complicated history with Big Jim and was once romantically linked to his late wife, Pauline (ER's Sherry Stringfield). Lyle -- oddly like Pauline -- also has a mysterious connection to the Dome and very well may know the answer to its origins.

• edited April 2014
    Under the Dome: A Season of Transformation

Life is only going to get more intense Under the Dome.

Residents of Chester's Mill, trapped under a clear dome that turned black before emitting a blinding light in the first-season finale, will face more of its effects — causing some to collapse — when Season 2 opens (CBS, June 30, 10 p.m. ET/PT).

"This is a season of transformation," executive producer Neal Baer says. "Last year was a season of secrets being revealed about our characters. Now, they really have to cope with the ramifications of what this all means, since it doesn't look like they're getting out any time soon."

Dome, based on Stephen King's novel of the same name, was the most-watched scripted summer series in 21 years, averaging 15.1 million viewers, and performed strongly internationally. King wrote the second season's first episode, Heads Will Roll, and will be seen in a cameo appearance in the town's diner.

"It was fantastic to work directly with Stephen. He's been a real hero of mine and now I get to work with him," Baer says. In the cameo, the author, who has made brief appearances in other adapted works, "is just a citizen of Chester's Mill for at least the moment."

Two familiar characters will die in the opener of Dome, which is going beyond King's book. However, the series also will add new people: Sam Verdreaux (Eddie Cahill), a reclusive man who is the brother-in-law of Big Jim Rennie (Dean Norris); Rebecca Pine (Karla Crome), a teacher who works with Big Jim and brings a science perspective; and Melanie (Grace Victoria Cox), a character pulled from the lake by Julia Shumway (Rachelle Lefevre) just after she throws the mysterious egg into the water at the end of the first-season finale.

Julia bonds with both Melanie and Sam, who "seems to be a good ally," although the latter connection could influence her relationship with Dale "Barbie" Barbara (Mike Vogel), Lefevre says. After she saves Melanie, "she becomes completely invested in her."

Julia must also adapt to a leadership role after the Dome appears to tap her as "the monarch." 
  • Hopefully changes for the better.
  • When Under the Dome returns in June, it’ll be without one of the creative forces behind its first season: Brian K. Vaughan.

The Y: The Last Man and Saga writer served as showrunner and executive producer of the CBS sci-fi drama, based on Stephen King’s novel, but in an interview with Bleeding Cool, he confirms he won’t be a part of the upcoming second season.

“I actually left my position at Under the Dome a few months ago,” he said. “It was the great thrill of my life to help adapt one of the best book’s ever from my all-time hero, but I’ve got two very young kids at home who I never got to see last season, so I’m enormously grateful to CBS and Amblin for letting me out of my contract a little early.”

“I’m already missing the cast and crew, but the show remains in the excellent hands of our veteran showrunner Neal Baer, and we were lucky enough to hire some heavy hitting new writers for this season, including none other than Mr. King himself,” he continued. ” His first episode is easily the best of the series so far, and helps set the tone for a fucking crazy new direction, so I look forward to getting to watch as a fan with everyone else.”
  • CBS will air UNDER THE DOME: INSIDE CHESTER’S MILL on Monday, June 23 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT). This exclusive one-hour special looks back at the premiere season of the hit summer series, featuring highlights from last season as well as new interviews with the cast and executive producers.  In addition, the special will tease what lies ahead for the residents of Chester’s Mill who are still trapped under the mysterious dome with an advance sneak peek at the season two premiere.

UNDER THE DOME returns for its second season Monday, June 30 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, with an episode written by bestselling author and executive producer Stephen King.

• Stephen King reads opening of season 2 premiere script

As fans of his audiobooks know, the best way to experience Stephen King’s writing is to hear the author bring it to life with his own voice.

The iconic novelist and screenwriter reads from his premiere script for season 2 of CBS’s sci-fi thriller Under the Dome. Be warned, this video is brief — just the start of the scene. For what happens next you’ll have to watch CBS when Dome returns on June 30.
  • Video: Stephen King Takes Viewers Behind-the-Scenes of UNDER THE DOME

In the exclusive video, Under The Dome Executive Producer Stephen king discusses his involvement with Season 2 of the series, premiering on CBS June 30th!
  • Stephen King Isn’t Afraid Of The Big Bad Adaptation

The prolific and frequently adapted writer has written an episode of CBS’ Under the Dome, but the series still diverges greatly from his original novel. As far as King is concerned, that’s part of the thrill of adaptation.

• edited June 2014
    An interview with SK in the Los Angeles Times, not just about UTD.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-st-stephen-king-under-the-dome-20140622-story.html

• Award-winner Marg Helgenberger is to appear in an extended story arc on the science-fiction series Under the Dome, CBS announced Thursday. The show is to kick off its third season with a two-hour premiere June 25.

Helgenberger, who was a longtime cast member on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, will guest star on Under the Dome beginning with the Season 3 premiere episode.

>>> Source
  • Sheila Brothers at The Wilmywood Daily reports “Under the Dome” is leaving Wilmington.

Citing sources and social media posts from crew members, Brothers says the CBS show will move to a new location, possibly Utah, for its fourth season. The summer series is wrapping its third season this week.

According to The Wilmywood Daily, word is there will be a sale of set pieces some time soon. Sets for “Under the Dome,” which is based on a Stephen King book, are currently the main feature for tours at EUE/Screen Gems on N. 23rd Street in Wilmington.

“Under the Dome” follows the lead of Fox’s “Sleepy Hollow,” which left for Georgia after North Carolina changed its tax incentive program for film projects to a much smaller grant program.

>>> Source
  • Thank the lords.
  • King took to Twitter to get honest and throw a little shade like only King can.

He tweeted:

“How about Netflix bringing back UNDER THE DOME, only starting from scratch and actually doing the book?”

King’s issue with the CBS series, it would seem, is that it wasn’t entirely faithful to his source material, which is the very same issue he has always had with Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining. The 1997 mini-series adaptation of The Shining, written by King and directed by Mick Garris, was a response to Kubrick’s film, and it sounds like King wants to do the same for “Dome.”

>>> Source