Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

June '04

Comments

• NICE blurb!
  • Amazon sales ranking today: 5,244

That has to mean one or two people are buying the book!
  • [b]Bravo! [/b]

• I like the blurb, and alongside King's DT 7, I would love to see Bev's book on Amazon in the top three preorder spots. :)
  • Just to show how volatile this sales ranking number is, I went from 5000-something yesterday to 33,717 today!
  • Thank God you are not talking about the stock market!
  • Buy high, sell low! :P
  • It will be interesting to find out how many copies of tRttDT are in the first printing! :D
  • I'm not sure I'll ever find that number out for sure, unless it's a remarkably large number, in which case that might get mentioned in the promotional material.
  • Perhaps once it sells out so quickly that they have to quickly move to a second or thrid printing, then maybe the news items will say for sure!

I am sure that tRttDT will be a smash coming out a couple of weeks after DT VII!
  • I think so too Bev. :) I can't imagine anyone who has loved this series NOT wanting to read it. I can't even imagine the DT series is literally ENDING with the next book. :o

Lin
  • I heard via my agent a little while ago that the publisher is happy with the advanced orders for the book. He didn't have any more specific information than that, but here's hoping it isn't a big disappointment for NAL.
  • That sounds very promising Bev. :) I know nothing about publishing whatsoever, but I think that the ending of the DT series and the timing of your book is fortuitous. You know your friends here can't wait, I'm sure there are lots like us.

Lin
  • Amazon sales ranking back down to 5,486. Someone must have bought another copy!
  • Lin: I thought the book buying thing was gonna be a secret??? Here is Bev sitting patiently at his computer probably watching the Amazon count change, cause you can't help buying one more and one more and just another for good luck, hehe...

It's looking really good, Bev, and I bet someone someday soon will say, wow we need to order more copies of the RTTDT cause they have nearly gone! :o
  • Just adding my congrats to the rest, Bev!

After all your hard work on it, I think it's great that King, Straub and your publisher have supported and promoted your book so well. I'm sure that the Amazon ranking will skyrocket when it hits the shelves.

HBJ,

4 months and counting ...
  • The good folks over at Donald M. Grant are planning a big Dark Tower table in the exhibit room at World Fantasy Convention and Kali invited me to stop by and sign tRttDT when I have free time.
  • This will be where you meet the "Groupies", Bev...and remember you've seen pics of Lin and Rache so you can give them to security to be on the "look out" for these types of peoples and keep them away from ya ;D

HAHAHA! (theatrical diabolical laughter)
  • When / Where is WFC?

Inquiring minds want to know!
  • October 28-31 in Tempe, Arizona.

Official web site
  • Thanks - was hoping it would be a bunch closer! :-[
  • and remember you've seen pics of Lin and Rache so you can give them to security to be on the "look out" for these types of peoples and keep them away from ya

ummmmmmbbberrrr unnnnnnnn

Bev, if you hear that at the convention... RUN. ;)
  • Yeah, bummer it's so far from Philly. I would love to go! Especially with all the DT stuff that it sounds like will be there.
  • Last day of June, so I thought I'd post something here. I had an e-mail from the guy who is translating The Dark Tower into Italian, asking my opinion about something, and he will also be translating The Road to the Dark Tower. I'm surprised that process hasn't started already because the publisher was so eager to get the manuscript a few months ago so they could start work on it. Nevertheless, it should be an interesting process.