Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Gwendy Trilogy (with Richard Chizmar)

Comments

• ...Bev, I'll read your thoughts after I get through the book....don't want to be spoilered...
    FlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Thanks for the review, Bev.  For the first time I can recall, there have been no early reviews from the trade press (Publishers Weekly, etc.), so I have nothing to contribute from that angle.
    BevVincentHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Thanks for the review, Bev.  For the first time I can recall, there have been no early reviews from the trade press (Publishers Weekly, etc.), so I have nothing to contribute from that angle.
    That is strange. The only advanced review I saw was Bill Sheehan's in Washington Post. I wonder why the trades didn't cover it.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • That's a great photo Bev, boys just getting together, shooting the shit. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • That was at the dinner before we went to see The Dark Tower.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • That was at the dinner before we went to see The Dark Tower.
    Lovely... it was just boys hanging, having fun. Perfect. 😊
    GNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • ....Stephen King's buddy.....that grates on me.....Chiz can stand on his own.....
    KurbenHedda Gabler
  • Sign of the times. My order is delayed. Sigh.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • ...."Ummm, Steve?"..... :D
    BevVincentHedda Gablercat
  • Supply issues seem to be affecting a lot of Canada. Every retailer I check is still waiting for their shipment. Same at my local library.
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Latest email from Amazon still has no firm delivery date.  :(
    BevVincentGNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • ....you're welcome to borrow mine.....
    KurbenHedda GablerLou_SytsmaFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....you're welcome to borrow mine.....
    Most kind.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Yay! My book has shipped!
    FlakeNoirBevVincentGNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
    Excellent!  :)
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
    Bout Time  Gs Moleskine
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma
  • From Brian Keene's newsletter:

I worked on INVISBLE MONSTERS and PROJECT CASTLE (and a lot of people have figured out what the latter is, and Rich Chizmar confirmed it during a YouTube Livestream, so the heck with it — let’s dispense with the codename. PROJECT CASTLE is actually a graphic novel adaptation of Stephen King and Richard Chizmar’s GWENDY’S BUTTON BOX. However, it goes beyond the novella and explores the other residents and denizens of Castle Rock, and what they were up to during the time period of the novella. So, for example, while Cujo, or Deputy Andy Clutterbuck, or Frank Dodd didn’t appear in the book, they could very well appear in the graphic novel. Basically, I’ve been allowed to run riot all over Castle Rock in the 1970s, and it has been a lot of fun. We’re still a while from publication (I’m on the final draft now) and I’ll stay mum about the artist and the rest of the team (because Rich didn’t speak about any of that on the livestream).

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma
  • What an absolute blast he must be having working on this.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Got the book yesterday. 100 pages in, enjoying it so far.
    Hedda GablerBevVincentFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Got the book yesterday. 100 pages in, enjoying it so far.
    ...it will drag you along like a toddler at the fair....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirLou_Sytsma
  • edited April 2022
    I know Richard and Steve had their researchers (robin being one) but, I recommend Chris Hadfield’s Masterclass.

I know they are done with the book, but I would hope they are not done learning.  

Just a bit of insider knowledge I’ve learned out of  the gate — all possible candidates have to go through training obviously, but did you know they are called ASsCAns? Chris loves using ASsCans and he laughs. (astronaut candidates) 🤣 i did not know that.

I just started this and I can tell it’s going to be terrific. Frank would love it. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT