Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Gwendy Trilogy (with Richard Chizmar)

124»

Comments

• edited April 2022
    Okay.  Seriously.  This Masterclass is just friggin' amazing.  Chris is so passionate and very engaging.  He's not dumbing stuff down.  He's keeping it in my brain wheelhouse.  I'm sure he could get way more technical and lose me, but he's very skilled at presenting this information.

One of the things I had problems with in Gwendy was the asshat guy and Gwendy herself on board.  Not that the "civilian" participants were unrealistic.  Obviously, we are seeing it happening now.  Joe blows are buying their way into space.

All I'm saying, there is no fucking way I'm going into orbit with Gwendy or the asshat guy or Pete Davidson or William Shatner.  Listening to Chris talk about the rigorous knowledge and training they go through, there is no way I'm sitting next to some chocolate eating dementia patient, a rich slug, a tweaker or a guy who bought his ticket on Priceline.

In Chris's opening segment of the class, he says, you have to be prepared because you might only have ONE BREATH to save your life, the crew's lives and the ship.

Pete's one breath would be smokin' a fatty and Shatner is on a bipap machine.  He'd get all tangled up in the tubes and I'm supposed to be looking at him to help?

One breath.

GNTLGNT
  • ...yep, glad you took that seriously..... :D
    Hedda GablerKurben
  • edited April 2022
    I was thinking I spoke too soon.  My next lesson was:

D=1/2 p v2 S

This is Drag = 1/2 rho (density), velocity squared, surface

There are thousands of those equations but he recommends starting with the Drag equation.

Believe it or not, I understood it.  I do NOT trust Pete Davidson's math abilities.  I barely trust mine.  Okay. I don't trust mine at all.  
    GNTLGNT
  • ....I can't equation....
    Hedda Gabler
  • edited April 2022
    GNTLGN T said:
    ....I can't equation....

:D

oh my lord, just listening to CHris -- I am waiting for the civilian mission that goes up and hilarity ensues when some super model vomits and clogs up a panel of buttons with her weekly meal of crackers and diet pepsi.

GNTLGNT
  • ....or the spoiled tween who weenied in on daddy's rep and decided to mow down 6 Taco Bell bean burritos before lift off....
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ....or the spoiled tween who weenied in on daddy's rep and decided to mow down 6 Taco Bell bean burritos before lift off....
    eegads.
    GNTLGNT
  • 😂😂😂
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Oh hell.

Mass and velocity and algebra and formulas and ions and liquids and rockets and solids and blah blah blah.  Chris has gone full-on geek.

Do not get on a space craft with me.  You will die.  
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....you ate 6 Taco Bell bean burritos too?.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirKurben
  • This was the best book of the trilogy for me. Added a new tool to the writing toolbox - Chekov's Scorpion. Happy to see the Farris misdirect - ie intimating he was Flagg.
    GNTLGNTBevVincentHedda Gabler
  • edited April 2022
    This was the best book of the trilogy for me. Added a new tool to the writing toolbox - Chekov's Scorpion. Happy to see the Farris misdirect - ie intimating he was Flagg.
    Yep. You introduce it, you have to use it.  

GNTLGNTLou_Sytsma