Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

July '04

Nothing new to report, but as of yesterday, only three (3, drei, trois, trey, trei) months to go to publication day!

Comments

• iii ;D

Can't Wait! :D
  • Ditto BIG-BIG! :)

Lin
  • Can't wait either :)
  • Oh boy, Oh boy, oh boy!!

Timing will be great after time to read DT VII and then dig into TRttDT!! :)
  • I can't wait to get it in my hot little hands, and I'll probably get it quick as I used my moms address!! ;D
  • My foreign rights agent tells me that the book is currently with the Russian agent and publishers in Germany, Hungary and Poland. She says, "The European publishing world more or less grinds to halt in the summer, so it may be awhile before we get any responses."
  • Will this be your first publication in foreign markets? That's excellent that it will cover so many different countries. ;D ;D
  • This is indeed excellent news, Bev :)
  • Rache4173 wrote: Will this be your first publication in foreign markets?  That's excellent that it will cover so many different countries.   ;D ;D

We've sold the rights in Italy and The Netherlands. These new markets are all still just in the possibility phase. Fingers crossed!
  • We've sold the rights in Italy and The Netherlands. These new markets are all still just in the possibility phase. Fingers crossed!

Crossed. :) Sounds great!!!

Lin (who is NOW really gone, had to check this first)
  • That's great news Bev.

I can't wait to read your book.
  • I met with the Community Relations Manager at the local Barnes & Noble to set up my first local signing: November 4th.

Why so late? Well, according to their computer, they have a strict on-sale date of November 2nd.

I don't know what that means in terms of general availability of the book. I'm looking into it with my editor. I hope that the book will be available at least in some places before that so that I can have copies to take with me to World Fantasy and Horrorfind at the end of October.
  • I would imagine they will make copies available to you for such purposes.

The days go slow, but the weeks fly by!
  • I got my first report that someone had received a galley of The Road to the Dark Tower. Can the first reviews be far behind? Well, considering people have to read The Dark Tower first and the galley for that one, 845 pages, just went out yesterday, it'll be a little while yet.
  • Here's the cover letter that accompanied DT7 galley. The one for ROAD is likely similar.

ATTENTION: REVIEWERS

We hope you understand that, because we are giving you advance time to read and plan reviews to land in conjunction with the September 21 publication date, we are trusting you with a great secret.

PLEASE respect the Dark Tower fans that have been waiting for over thirty years to read the conclusion of Roland's quest, and do not give away the contents of this book, or pass on this galley for resale, before that date.

Thank you for your consideration.
  • Do you think there's some sort of liability waiver or some other form of legal-eze to go along with it? Or is that "please" note all that's accompanying it?
  • No, I think this is all there is...a heartfelt plea not to spill the beans. There's really not much more you can do. Freedom of the Press after all. Still, reviewers are at the mercy of publishers to supply review copies and if the source from one publisher dries up, that's not good for business, so I think most reviewers will pay attention. I hope.
  • I hope they respect the publisher and SK but I can't take a chance on trusting anyone. As much as I enjoy this and the handful of other DT related sites I will be roaming even more cautiously now...avoiding anything that even sniffs of a review like the superflu!
  • Like a bad review is going to make any of us say, "Hmm, Mr/Ms Reviewer didn't like it, I guess I won't bother to read it then." ;D
  • Brautigan: I agree entirely, and will be embargoing myself strictly where anything to do with DT 7 is considered and pretty much if they Galley's are going out now, I shall avoid the DT7 threads here till after I have read the book, and avoid anything anywhere else to do with the Dark Tower.

It's been a long wait, and I want the last book full of shocking surprises :)
  • ALL HAIL THE SPOILER KING! ;D
  • I finished reading the galley of DT7 yesterday and I have about thirty or so little notes that I want to implement in The Road to the Dark Tower. Alas, it's too late for the NAL version, but we're still about two weeks away from page proofs for the CD edition, so I think I'll try to get them in to that book.

Much to my relief, there were no major changes. He fixed a few continuity errors (very nicely, too) and a couple of quotes have been changed. A couple of new details were added that I thought worthy of adding, too, such as Roland's exact height.

What a great book! It never fails to give me shivers.
  • My Amazon sales ranking has been hovering in the 20-30,000 range for the past couple of weeks. Imagine my surprise when I checked this morning and found this:

Amazon.com Sales Rank: 4,553

My best number yet, I think.
  • What a great book! It never fails to give me shivers.
    Soon we will be able to share in that feeling! :)

Amazon.com Sales Rank: 4,553

My best number yet, I think.

Here's to the upward trend continuing! 8)
  • I think it can possibly hit the top 10 at the time of publication. Lots of DT fans out there not to mention the lurkers as well as the posters on this messageboard alone, plus the one over at DTnet.com and... I can go on and on. ;D

Congrats! ;)