Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

July '04

Comments

• Great news, Bev :)

The trend will continue to rise also, as sunny mentioned :)

Can't wait to have my copy and the bookmarks also :)
  • Back up to 27,000! It's a good thing I don't pay a LOT of attention to the sales rankings...they're all over the map!
  • There's one bestseller list where it has remain #1 ever since the announcement of the book.

;D

• I spent the morning verifying direct quotes from my manuscript and the ARC. There're quite a few of them, so I didn't get the job finished but hope to this evening. Then I'll send my changes along to the folks at Cemetery Dance so they can get implemented into the limited edition.
  • Won't be able to get the limited edition from CD though

:(

But will definitely buy the trade edition. Is there any significant difference or bits of extras missing from the trade? ???
  • The content of the two books is essentially the same. The only difference is that I've fixed up a few sentences here and there and some direct quotes that were changed between the first draft manuscript and the final version. You might read my book and say, hey, wait a minute, that's not what happened...but those details are few and relatively unimportant. They'll also give you a glimpse into the first draft that readers of the CD version won't get because the details will be fixed for them. So, everyone wins!
  • Will there be further revision for later editions as well as the mass market paperback? I don't think you will revised it to mirror what is in the limited edition that's for sure, that's essentially the point of a limited, to be a bit different. ;D

But what I mean is more or less will there be additional info if you do come across it in future.
  • I think that would be up to the publisher and would depend greatly on sales. If it continues to remain in print and sell well, there might be some motivation for a revised/updated edition down the road. However, that said, there's not much more information to put into the book and not likely to be much more from external sources, so the revisions would be minor.
  • The Road To The Dark Tower: Revised & Expanded

With New Forward & Introduction by the author.

And you can always say it is to make it more in tune with the Dark Tower series for new readers ;D

But seriously, I hope it will sell well and remain in print.

All the best!
  • According to Barnes & Noble, people who bought my book also purchased:

• The Christmas Box Miracle: My Spiritual Journey of Destiny, Healing and Hope Richard Paul Evans
    • Very Hungry Caterpillar Eric Carle
    • Living to Tell the Tale Gabriel García Márquez, Edith Grossman (Translator)
    • The Great Gatsby F. Scott Fitzgerald, Charles Scribner (Afterword), Matthew Joseph Bruccoli (Introduction)
    • Faith of My Fathers John McCain, Mark Salter

What an odd mixture!
  • very odd indeed!
  • Well, at least you know you are in the company of Fitzgerald and Garcia Marquez ;D
  • My Amazon sales ranking today: 3,715!
  • sunny99 wrote: Well, at least you know you are in the company of Fitzgerald and Garcia Marquez  ;D

And "The Very Hungry Caterpillar." Hee! :D
  • Hi Sunflower. Welcome aboard. May the Sun be with you. ;D
  • Hey Bev,

I ordered the hardcover version of The Road to the Dark Tower through Amazon, I'm just wondering if these copies are also signed by yourself?

Thanks

Joey
  • Hi Joey.

Welcome to the Board of Bev :)
  • Joey wrote: I ordered the hardcover version of The Road to the Dark Tower through Amazon, I'm just wondering if these copies are also signed by yourself?

Joey: Welcome to the board. All of the Cemetery Dance hardcovers will be signed by me. One of these days, I expect a box of 1000+ signature sheets to show up on my front doorstep.
  • Sunflower wrote:

And "The Very Hungry Caterpillar." Hee! :D

Hey, Sunflower. Welcome to the board. Good to have another ex-patriat Canadian around!
  • Bev, :), since I already have your esteemed autograph, I will be comparing, so you better not get tired of writing.... ;) Just kidding, I can't wait to have my second one!

Lin
  • It's never the same twice, anyway!
  • Depending on how many sheetes you sign in one session I would suspect that the last ones would look drastically different that the firsts. !!!!!
  • I find that about 250 at a time is my limit. Then I hit some sort of mental roadblock where I suddenly can't remember how to write anymore. As long as I'm on autopilot it works okay, but you get progressively more self-aware and then it just fizzles. Then I take a break and I can go back at it again. I did all the Borderlands 5 sheets in one night, but in three sessions.
  • I find that about 250 at a time is my limit. Then I hit some sort of mental roadblock where I suddenly can't remember how to write anymore.

Not unless you have a 'Dark Half' like Thad Beaumont. then you can go pretty much on 'automatic signing' ;D
  • Here's my publisher's web page for The Road to the Dark Tower.