Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

If It Bleeds

edited May 2019 in General news
The Holly Gibney book King has talked about in recent interviews will be called IF IT BLEEDS. He revealed the title at the Wordplay Festival in Minneapolis this past weekend.

Comments

• From #1 New York Times bestselling author, legendary storyteller, and master of short fiction Stephen King comes an extraordinary collection of four new and compelling novellas—Mr. Harrigan’s PhoneThe Life of ChuckRat, and the title story If It Bleeds—each pulling readers into intriguing and frightening places. May 5, 2019
  • Different Seasons Part 2 :D
  • It's time for the first review of the book.  From Publishers Weekly:

The four never-before-published novellas in this collection represent horror master King at his finest, using the weird and uncanny to riff on mortality, the price of creativity, and the unpredictable consequences of material attachments. A teenager discovers that a dead friend’s cell phone, which was buried with the body, still communicates from beyond the grave in “Mr. Harrigan’s Phone,” which reads like a Twilight Zone episode infused with an EC Comics vibe. In the profoundly moving “The Life of Chuck,” a series of apocalyptic incidents bear out one character’s claim that “when a man or a woman dies, a whole world falls to ruin.” “Rat” sees a frustrated writer strike a Faustian bargain to complete his novel, and in the title story, private investigator Holly Gibney, the recurring heroine of King’s Bill Hodges trilogy and The Outsider, faces off against a ghoulish television newscaster who vampirically feeds off the anguish he provokes in his audience by covering horrific tragedies. King clearly loves his characters, and the care with which he develops their personalities draws the reader ineluctably into their deeply unsettling experiences. This excellent collection delivers exactly the kind of bravura storytelling King’s readers expect. Agent: Chuck Verrill, Darhansoff & Verrill. (May)
  • Publication date moved to April 28.
  • Pub date moved forward to April 21. 
  •  I hope my grocery store gets it.   
  • ....mine is on it's way.....walking back into King's world is like a hug from mom.....a somewhat psychotic mother-but familiar and welcoming nonetheless.....
  • Steven Weber, Danny Burstein, and Will Patton will bring to life the four novellas of IF IT BLEEDS in the audiobook edition from Simon & Schuster Audio.
  • I love audio books.

I hope this comes in to my local store.  They usually carry Stephen, but now I'm not sure how they are handling books.  
  • No book stores open here due to the lockdown so I'm checking supermarkets, some sell DVDs, CDs and books, selection is limited but they may get it in stock because it's a new release but so far no joy.  :'(
  • ....I have received mine, and the first installment gives me a vibe somewhere between Creepshow and Hearts in Atlantis with good old Ted.....enjoyed the hell out of it....be zooming into novella number 2 tonight....
  • Notaro said:
    No book stores open here due to the lockdown so I'm checking supermarkets, some sell DVDs, CDs and books, selection is limited but they may get it in stock because it's a new release but so far no joy.  :'(
    This is what I'll be doing too.   My supermarket always gets stephen king books and I'm hoping this will continue, not sure if they are shipping in anything other than essential things at the moment though.  But I hope they are still getting updated books.
  • A lot of the bookstores around here, even though closed, are still shipping books. 
  • A lot of the bookstores around here, even though closed, are still shipping books. 
    If I have to go the order route I will but I'm hoping it will be at the grocery store.  I go shopping every 2 weeks for fresh items, so I'm timing my next visit for a couple days after release in hopes it will be there. 

I should've just ordered it.   :/
  • Only petrol stations and supermarkets are open here and there is no way in hell that either will be getting this in. :/ 
  • It may be a while before i get one too, flakers.
  • ... be happy to rent my copy out....only a cookie a page......
  • edited April 2020
    Listen to Steve reading from IF IT BLEEDS on YouTube on Friday April 17th at 2PM (Eastern).

• It may be a while before i get one too, flakers.
    *sigh* We'll be miserable together. (separately) 

GNTLGNT said:
    ... be happy to rent my copy out....only a cookie a page......
    :D 

BevVincent said:
    Listen to Steve reading from IF IT BLEEDS on YouTube on Friday April 17th at 2PM (Eastern).

Ooh, thanks Bev. 
  • Listen to Steve reading from IF IT BLEEDS on YouTube on Friday April 17th at 2PM (Eastern).

This is exciting!
  • I will try to remember to tune in today to listen. I will have to wait for my hard copy, I preordered thru amazon before all this virus mess and now they aren't shipping non-essentials. (I think a case could be made that books are essential during this time of staying home!  ;) But I get it. 

I am going to splurge just a little, I think, and get the kindle version on release day. Just wait for my hard copy to come for my shelves. 
  • I have a Kindle and I don't think I can order books on it anymore, it's so old.  Spidey helped me with getting things to my Mac so I could read more of Bev's books from Cemetery Dance Select.

Haven't pulled the trigger on getting it all going yet, but I am going to leap into 2020!
  • I am setting my timer now for this.  
  • I love seeing Steve. I really do.  I just wish him and his family nothing but the best.  So many great stories....