Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

If It Bleeds

Comments

• I loved it! He had me hook, line and sinker. 
    Poor Mrs. Keller... :D 

You're looking really well Stephen. :) 
  • News from the Dead Zone: my thoughts on If It Bleeds.
  • News from the Dead Zone: my thoughts on If It Bleeds.
    That was brilliant Bev, great job. I'm sold. :) 
    Also, I now realise that I need to read The Outsider before I get this one! I've really fallen behind.
  • I received a notice that my hard copy should be here on Thursday. Yay! So I am going to hold off getting the kindle version for now. 2 more days isn't too terrible of an extra wait. 
  • I haven't read The Outsider either, but I did watch the show. So I hope that's good enough for me to really get into the story.

Great review Bev and thanks for all those connections. 
  • cat said:
    I received a notice that my hard copy should be here on Thursday. Yay! So I am going to hold off getting the kindle version for now. 2 more days isn't too terrible of an extra wait. 
    I'll be getting mine Thursday as well. I hope.  Can't wait!
  • I haven't read The Outsider either, but I did watch the show. So I hope that's good enough for me to really get into the story.

The Outsider book was better than the show. I wanted to like the show and some parts they did very well. The beginning episodes with Jason Bateman were awesome. But then it kind if went off the rails and did it's own thing. The last few episodes were pretty good too. I was also constantly distracted by Holly. In my mind now, Holly IS Justine Lupe from the Mr. Mercedes series. She was perfect in the role. 

The lady who played Holly in The Outsider skipped over most of Holly's quirks and she portrayed her differently from the Holly I love from the books and the Mr Mercedes show. 
  • Checked in two supermarkets today, neither one had If It Bleeds in stock, I asked a member of staff in the first store if they would be getting it in stock, even before I'd finished asking the question I could see her eyes glaze over, she hadn't a clue what I was talking about and clearly couldn't care less either.  Bah humbug.....
  • .....thank you Bev.....I just completed the second entry and have to admit, I'm still trying to wrap my head around it-so I look forward to everyone else's thoughts.....appreciated the "novel" approach to the tale though.....
  • cat said:
    I haven't read The Outsider either, but I did watch the show. So I hope that's good enough for me to really get into the story.

The Outsider book was better than the show. I wanted to like the show and some parts they did very well. The beginning episodes with Jason Bateman were awesome. But then it kind if went off the rails and did it's own thing. The last few episodes were pretty good too. I was also constantly distracted by Holly. In my mind now, Holly IS Justine Lupe from the Mr. Mercedes series. She was perfect in the role. 

The lady who played Holly in The Outsider skipped over most of Holly's quirks and she portrayed her differently from the Holly I love from the books and the Mr Mercedes show. 
    Now see, I have only read the first Mr. Mercedes book in the series and I've never seen the show.  So maybe I'll be okay to just accept the story without having all that background.  Of course, once I do read the other books and see the series, I'm sure I'll have more opinions about it.
  • Notaro said:
    Checked in two supermarkets today, neither one had If It Bleeds in stock, I asked a member of staff in the first store if they would be getting it in stock, even before I'd finished asking the question I could see her eyes glaze over, she hadn't a clue what I was talking about and clearly couldn't care less either.  Bah humbug.....
    People just don't get how essential this book is, dammit.
  • Got my book today!  I called the grocery store and asked if they got the shipment in as I didn't want to make an unnecessary trip to the store.

The lady actually opened boxes while she had me on the phone.  THe very last box had it.  
  • Got my book today!  I called the grocery store and asked if they got the shipment in as I didn't want to make an unnecessary trip to the store.

The lady actually opened boxes while she had me on the phone.  THe very last box had it.  
    Yay!! That was very nice of the lady at the store! 

Cool beans, enjoy it, let us know what you think. 
  • Notaro said:
    Got my book today!  I called the grocery store and asked if they got the shipment in as I didn't want to make an unnecessary trip to the store.

Oh, for sure.  I'm a yakker.
  • Notaro said:
    Got my book today!  I called the grocery store and asked if they got the shipment in as I didn't want to make an unnecessary trip to the store.

Yak city  funny
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Notaro said:

Yak city  funny
     :D 
  • Checked the supermarket again today,t hey had Elevation in stock. They really need to up their game.
  • Notaro said:
    Checked the supermarket again today,t hey had Elevation in stock. They really need to up their game.
    Oh dear...
    (at least your supermarket does have a game, ours carries no books at all. Magazines only. sigh)
    BevVincentGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Checked the supermarket again today,t hey had Elevation in stock. They really need to up their game.
    Oh dear...
    (at least your supermarket does have a game, ours carries no books at all. Magazines only. sigh)
    That's a pity, maybe when lockdown restrictions are eased a bit we can both finally get it in a proper bookstore. 
    BevVincentHedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoircat
  • Notaro said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    Notaro said:
    Oh dear...
    That's a pity, maybe when lockdown restrictions are eased a bit we can both finally get it in a proper bookstore. 
    ....TWSS!!!!!!......
    Hedda GablerNotarocatFlakeNoir
  • I have been reading it on my kindle, still waiting on my hard copy to arrive. Have read the first 2 stories. Liked the first one, LOVED the second one. Looking forward to catching up with Holly next. 
    NotaroHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Just finished the first one.  I love Stephen King.
    catGNTLGNTNotaro
  • On the last story now. Was so good to see Holly again.  So far, this book is an easy and enjoyable read. Feels like "home". 
    Hedda GablercatGNTLGNTNotaro