Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Comments

• Kurben said:
    Some good news this easter. I got a new job at HD, in the US it would be the Supreme Court. I will work in the archive. Starting the 15,th. Nothing permanent, as of yet anyways, they have written the contract for 10 months. 
    How is the new job going, Kurben? 
    not_nadineGNTLGNTHedda GablerNeesy
  • Question -
    Can someone tell me how to insert a spoiler here?   thanks.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited April 21
    Above the box you type in is a  paragraph looking symbol. Click it and scroll down to spoiler. Click spoiler, type in box. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • FlakeNoir said:
    Kurben said:
    Some good news this easter. I got a new job at HD, in the US it would be the Supreme Court. I will work in the archive. Starting the 15,th. Nothing permanent, as of yet anyways, they have written the contract for 10 months. 
    How is the new job going, Kurben? 
    Its going great!!! First two days were confusing. A lot of introduction meeings were set up with various people but now i'm actually started doing some real work. I was actually praised loudly in the breakroom so that i was really embarrassed. 
    Another good thing is that i found an excellent little cozy inexpensive lunch restaurant just across the street. Really good varied food.
  • ....praise is as delicious and rare as really good food....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • Ahh. Thanks

• I had my first internet fight kind of. On an app called neighborhoods when you find out things that are going on. 

Someone posted about blue jays attacking an iguana. Then they went on to say that they chopped the iguana's head off with a shovel. I was like oh my God. I asked why why? 

Then was told by numerous people and not a kind of way that they're everywhere and invasive and poops salmonella and contaminate the ground. 

Well well then who knew people were so up in arms about these iguana guys. I held my stance. I don't want to see anything killed. 

Got to say if you told me a year ago that I'd have arguments defending lizards I wouldn't have believed you., 😅 😔 

GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited April 22

I should also add that after years of working in engineering, I have a job interview tomorrow - at an alligator park thing where you go out on air boats 
    What's happening to me?? 😞 Send help

• ...better pack a shovel....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • I was told that when they get cold, they fall out of trees.  My friend said her friend was knocked out by one while they were walking.  It landed right on her head.

:p 
  • ....she shoulda had a shovel.....
    not_nadineHedda GablerFlakeNoirNeesy
  • edited April 28
    Ok then..  New place, new State and new job.  Complete change.
    I wanted to do what I loved, not trudging corporate anymore.

Ready?  
    I have been hired as a 'Canine Coach' at a dog spa/doggie daycare. 

Yes, working and playing with dogs all day.   yay!  

KurbenGNTLGNTNeesy
  • ....you'll still need a shovel.....
    not_nadineHedda GablerKurbenNeesy
  • edited April 28
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....you'll still need a shovel.....
    Scott, 😂🤣!! 😂🤣

❤️
    GNTLGNTKurbenNeesy
  • Nice to pop in here to see all the jokes and comments. Good luck with the new job NotNadine

Not much new going on here - Andy's going for a new CT scan of his head and neck. Will also be referred to his original ENT doctor so waiting to hear when that will happen.

Still baking a lot - today I made orange muffins with raisins

Remember fljoe from the old SKMB? I'm sure he could confirm the iguanas falling out of trees thing... :)

Kurbennot_nadineGNTLGNT
  • Saw a short video where they by chance caught a wolverine playing in the snow. Its rare thet they get caught on film so it was nice. It is counted among the big 4 hunters here in sweden together with Bear, Wolf and Lynx .
    Hedda Gablernot_nadineGNTLGNTNeesy
  • I'm incredibly sore from playing with all these big dogs today at my new job at the doggie daycare. But it's all good.

Much rough housing. And barking. 
    I made special buddies with a labradoodle named Banes and a Doberman whose name is Zeus. :)

GNTLGNTNeesyHedda GablerKurben
  • ...dogs love butt scratches, right by their tails....they can't reach that area ....
    NeesyHedda GablerKurben
  • Kurben said:
    Saw a short video where they by chance caught a wolverine playing in the snow. Its rare thet they get caught on film so it was nice. It is counted among the big 4 hunters here in sweden together with Bear, Wolf and Lynx .

I think the wolverine was (is?) the state animal of Michigan?

Will have to Google that one - they are ferocious

Hope all is well with you Kurben

GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • edited May 2
    GNTLGNT said:
    ...dogs love butt scratches, right by their tails....they can't reach that area ....
    I read that first as "under their tails"
    Somehow knowing you, that might be what you meant. :)

:o 
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurben
  • Happy National Truffle Day

Anyone ever made these? I think I will stick to my cookies and muffins

Easy Chocolate Truffles Recipe - Food Fanatic

GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ...dogs love butt scratches, right by their tails....they can't reach that area ....
    I read that first as "under their tails"
    Somehow knowing you, that might be what you meant. :)

:o 
    ....that's us men you're thinking of.....
    Hedda Gabler
  • Neesy said:
    Kurben said:
    Saw a short video where they by chance caught a wolverine playing in the snow. Its rare thet they get caught on film so it was nice. It is counted among the big 4 hunters here in sweden together with Bear, Wolf and Lynx .

I think the wolverine was (is?) the state animal of Michigan?

Will have to Google that one - they are ferocious

Hope all is well with you Kurben

Its great, Neesy. Thanks for asking.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited May 6
    This was my day at work. :o

(That's not me)

GNTLGNTKurben
  • This was my day at work. :o

(That's not me)

Which one isn’t you, top or bottom photo? 

I’m teasing! I’m teasing!
    GNTLGNTKurben