Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Ka-tet Cantina 2020

Hello!

Comments

• Hello back. 

I'm having a quick dash through these halls on my way to bed. I'm soooo lacking in sleep just lately, but am also needing to have little snippets of 'alone time' before the new day... and then it all starts over again.
  • And every day is weird, surreal and scary.  My eeyore amazon personality is fighting the poohness that's buried a little deeper.
  • And every day is weird, surreal and scary.  My eeyore amazon personality is fighting the poohness that's buried a little deeper.
     :D It's tough! So glad I have you good people to connect with to lighten the load though.  <3
  • Hello everyone. Hope everyone is ok and doing well.
  • Hey Ghost!!  Glad to see you here.  Look around and chat with us. Bev has a lot of interesting books, TV and movies to talk about.
  • Hiya Ghost, good to see you here!  :)
  • Thanks both of you. Looking forward to hanging out here. Flake, you are you and yours ma'am?

• Hey Ghost!!  Glad to see you here.  Look around and chat with us. Bev has a lot of interesting books, TV and movies to talk about.

Love the profile pic!
  • Glenn Chadbourne painted that for me!
  • ghost19 said:
    Thanks both of you. Looking forward to hanging out here. Flake, you are you and yours ma'am?

We're doing good thanks Ghost. Most of my family is a bit scattered, but we're keeping in touch via Messenger.
    Life is quite strange right now... for us all. 

How have you all been? It's been ages since we caught up properly! 
  • Glenn Chadbourne painted that for me!
    I love this! (I left another comment on your profile about your painting, it reminds me of FF's daughter's Zombie Girl character... but all grown up!)
  • FlakeNoir said:
    ghost19 said:
    Thanks both of you. Looking forward to hanging out here. Flake, you are you and yours ma'am?

We're doing good thanks Ghost. Most of my family is a bit scattered, but we're keeping in touch via Messenger.

I hear ya. Doing pretty good. Tam had to have her gall bladder removed last week, apparently it's a common thing for bariatric surgery patients, so she's recovering, a little slower than she'd like I think, still pretty sore, but recovering nonetheless. Both boys are out of school here most likely for the duration unless something drastic happens with the Coronavirus situation so my oldest is doing his classes online and the four year is just running amok.....lol. Tamara is able to work from home for the most part due to the school being closed but I'm pretty sure at some point it's going to become kill or be killed between her and the toddler, lol. I'm still able to go to work everyday so I get a break, but she's with him 24-7, told her this weekend I'd be more than happy to corral him for a day if she wants to go have girl time with one of her friends, living with all three of us boys she could probably use a break...lol.

It's very strange here in Arkansas at the moment, we're the only state in the south that hasn't mandated a quarantine and apparently our Governor is standing behind that decision as we're, for the most part, a very rural state. I'm not sure how long we'll be able to keep that up, hopefully for the duration, it's nice being able to have a job to go to and still get a paycheck. Stores are empty, restaurants are closed, no one seems to be outside at all, it's a bit eerie. So, we're just trying to keep our heads, weather this weird storm and maintain a sense of normalcy. I hope you and your family stay healthy and happy Flake, and have a very good weekend ma'am. Shannon.
  • edited April 2020
    FlakeNoir said:
    Glenn Chadbourne painted that for me!
    I love this! (I left another comment on your profile about your painting, it reminds me of FF's daughter's Zombie Girl character... but all grown up!)
    I really really enjoyed Zombie Girl.  I loved her voice.  They did a great job with that. Too bad they couldn't have kept it going, but not sure his daughter could've maintained that voice for the character.  She is growing up, afterall.

It was so a part of who Zombie Girl was though.
  • ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    ghost19 said:

I hear ya. Doing pretty good. Tam had to have her gall bladder removed last week, apparently it's a common thing for bariatric surgery patients, so she's recovering, a little slower than she'd like I think, still pretty sore, but recovering nonetheless. Both boys are out of school here most likely for the duration unless something drastic happens with the Coronavirus situation so my oldest is doing his classes online and the four year is just running amok.....lol. Tamara is able to work from home for the most part due to the school being closed but I'm pretty sure at some point it's going to become kill or be killed between her and the toddler, lol. I'm still able to go to work everyday so I get a break, but she's with him 24-7, told her this weekend I'd be more than happy to corral him for a day if she wants to go have girl time with one of her friends, living with all three of us boys she could probably use a break...lol.

It's very strange here in Arkansas at the moment, we're the only state in the south that hasn't mandated a quarantine and apparently our Governor is standing behind that decision as we're, for the most part, a very rural state. I'm not sure how long we'll be able to keep that up, hopefully for the duration, it's nice being able to have a job to go to and still get a paycheck. Stores are empty, restaurants are closed, no one seems to be outside at all, it's a bit eerie. So, we're just trying to keep our heads, weather this weird storm and maintain a sense of normalcy. I hope you and your family stay healthy and happy Flake, and have a very good weekend ma'am. Shannon.
    ....it's cuz yer all indoors, in-breeding......
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    ghost19 said:

Don't forget playing banjos also....I gotta have more banjo!
  • ghost19 said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:
    ghost19 said:

Don't forget playing banjos also....I gotta have more banjo!
    ...we threw em all in the back of our monster trucks here in Ohiya, on our way to the county fair and shine squee
  • You lot are hilarious!  :D

@ghost19 I hope Tam is feeling a lot better soon, and OMGosh... dealing with the 4-year-old after surgery! Yeowie! 

I really do worry about the people that haven't already adopted the lock-down approach, this virus is moving through the world like wildfire. Please be super-careful Shannon about hand-washing and stay away from anyone remotely unwell--you've got your health to worry about!
  • I really really enjoyed Zombie Girl.  I loved her voice.  They did a great job with that. Too bad they couldn't have kept it going, but not sure his daughter could've maintained that voice for the character.  She is growing up, afterall.

It was so a part of who Zombie Girl was though.
    That's completely true, her voice really made the character. :):smile:
  • FlakeNoir said:
    You lot are hilarious!  :D

@ghost19 I hope Tam is feeling a lot better soon, and OMGosh... dealing with the 4-year-old after surgery! Yeowie! 

I really do worry about the people that haven't already adopted the lock-down approach, this virus is moving through the world like wildfire. Please be super-careful Shannon about hand-washing and stay away from anyone remotely unwell--you've got your health to worry about!

Thanks Flake. I'm being very careful. Our office is closed to the public but we're still taking precautions. I have a mask I carry around and use on the rare occasions I have to actually meet with a client and everyone in our office is constantly wiping down their work area with Chlorox wipes, our office smells like a bleach commercial...lol

We've had a few robberies around the area lately. Seven "masked" perps robbed a Dillard's store a few towns south of us...a Dillard's store....who robs a Dillard's store???? lol. No one hurt, but they got away clean, all wearing face masks...you can't make this stuff up.
  • I don't understand people.
  • ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:

Thanks Flake. I'm being very careful. Our office is closed to the public but we're still taking precautions. I have a mask I carry around and use on the rare occasions I have to actually meet with a client and everyone in our office is constantly wiping down their work area with Chlorox wipes, our office smells like a bleach commercial...lol

We've had a few robberies around the area lately. Seven "masked" perps robbed a Dillard's store a few towns south of us...a Dillard's store....who robs a Dillard's store???? lol. No one hurt, but they got away clean, all wearing face masks...you can't make this stuff up.
    ....you probably should just wear that mask to spare the rest of us.....just sayin'....
  • GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:

....you probably should just wear that mask to spare the rest of us.....just sayin'....

LMAO, that'd probably be best....lol
  • ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:

That's scary! It sucks that people take advantage of others when we're all in this mess together. I really don't understand certain aspects of human nature. 

GNTLGNT
    said:
    ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:

:D 
  • ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:

That's scary! It sucks that people take advantage of others when we're all in this mess together. I really don't understand certain aspects of human nature. GNTLGNT said:
    ghost19 said:
    FlakeNoir said:

:D