Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

Comments

• tried to watch Bulletproof on Netflix. Obviously made by someone who believes he is Tarantino and the only problem is he is very far from being Tarantino. So i stopped. So bad.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • The Old Guard - IGN....what it's like to (almost) never die, from the warriors standpoint....
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • We watched Poor Things last night. A very strange story about a woman who commits suicide while pregnant and is resuscitated with a brain implant from her baby. Sort of a Frankenstein tale with a Wes Anderson style. Lots of nudity and sex if that's not your thing. Mark Ruffalo is a cad and a bounder and looks like he's having the time of his life chewing up the scenery. My biggest complaint was an obnoxiously loud and bizarre score that, to my mind, didn't serve the story well. It was weird enough without it.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Amazoncom Unthinkable  Samuel Jackson Carrie-Anne Moss Michael Sheen  Martin Donovan Gil Bellows Brandon Routh Stephen Root Lora Kojovic  Vincent Laresca Joshua Harto Holmes Osborne Michael Rose Randy Oglesby  Benito Martinez Sasha.....not the character style I'm used to from Sammy L., but damn!....it was a good flick.....
    KurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • ...another excellent performance from Chadwick......

Message From the King  Rotten Tomatoes
  • Amazoncom Star Trek Beyond DVD  Chris Pine Zachary Quinto Simon  Pegg Zo Saldana John Cho Karl Urban Sofia Boutella Anton Yelchin  Idris Elba Movies  TV

.....good romp through nostalgia for me.....
  • edited March 22
    Leave the World Behind — netflix

interesting. And you see the premise of the movie kind of playing out now. 

“The first step: cyberattacks, isolating people with power and satellite outages. Two: sowing “synchronized chaos” with misinformation campaigns, such as the leaflet drone drops observed by Clay on the road. Third: Civil war.”

I see a side working this shit pretty hard. You really can’t fix stupid. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Amazoncom Unthinkable  Samuel Jackson Carrie-Anne Moss Michael Sheen  Martin Donovan Gil Bellows Brandon Routh Stephen Root Lora Kojovic  Vincent Laresca Joshua Harto Holmes Osborne Michael Rose Randy Oglesby  Benito Martinez Sasha.....not the character style I'm used to from Sammy L., but damn!....it was a good flick.....
    I’ve been eyeing this one. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Anatomy of a Fall

the defense attorney asks: “Is Stephen King a serial killer?”  In French. 

That has got to be so surreal. Thousands and thousands of mentions of your name and/or your work in other places. 
    GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Polar 2019 - IMDb....brutal, yet enjoyable.....
  • Rewatched The Fiendish Plot Of Dr. Fu Manchu.

Fu Manchu battles his nemesis retired detective Nayland Smith who thries to stop him from stealing the crown jewels.

Sellers last movie, released after his death, by all accounts an absolute nightmare production, Sellers was very ill both mentally and physically and was a monster on set. 

Overall its pretty bad, but there are a couple of funny moments in there. I guess if you have to watch everytng Sellers made then its worth a look, otherwise give it a miss.

GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • edited April 6
    Saltburn

This was uncomfortable to watch, but I did it to see how in the hell they passed off certain elements as art. 

As Bev said, the ick factor is just rampant and not just in the controversial scenes. The main actor gives me the creeps in every moment his presence is in any film. Even in Banshees (which I loved). So, he was cast perfectly as this horribly grotesque little weirdo . 

The premise of the movie was interesting, a Talented Mr. Ripley sort of thing. The art of the scenes and settings were done well. But I don’t like the attempt at being manipulated into casually embracing perversions as art so I can be accepted into the cool kid club. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • The Wages of Fear 2024 Streaming Release Date When Is It Coming Out on  Netflix

In a desert filled with lethal threats, a crew of Parisians must secure two truckloads of explosives to save hundreds of lives — in just 24 hours. Based on Henri-Georges Clouzot’s Palme d’Or–winning thriller of the same name, The Wages of Fear is directed by Julien Leclercq and co-written by Leclercq and Hamid Hlioua (Ganglands). The high-intensity remake (1953 original) stars Franck Gastambide, Alban Lenoir, and Ana Girardot. 

....uneven, but entertaining.....
    NotaroFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Watched Spaceman.

While on a solo mission an astronaut discovers a large spider like alien stowaway on his craft, gradually the spider helps him to come to terms with his life and the choices he has made. 

I enjoyed this one, I'm not a fan of Adam Sandler generally but he does well in this. The question of is it real or is he cracking up is always there, the answer is up to you....

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • Lou 2022 - IMDb....quite a decent Thriller/Crime Drama....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • Zone of Interest

very quiet film. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • ....viewed a duo of Tom Berenger "shooter" films....nothing profound.....just entertaining...

Sniper Assassins End Video 2020 - IMDb

Sniper Ultimate Kill
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerKurbenNotaro
  • Anatomy of a Fall (Hulu) is interesting -- I like courtroom dramas that take place in other countries where the rules are (very) different.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Working on: 
    Scoop
    Society of the Snow
    Wonka
    Barbie
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Redemption 2013 - IMDb.....from 2013 I believe....a rare "serious" role for Statham, and he pulls it off rather woodenly but well....
  • Netflix just dropped The Killing Fields. 

If you have not watched this, I recommend you do so. Pay attention to who they promise the world to, and who they kill. The Khmer Rouge actively identified and killed educated people and the dumb hillbillies did as they were told. 

History is trying damn hard to repeat itself with idiots who’ve embarrassed themselves and are now doubling down on the derp. 

Great movie. Super performances.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • The Holdovers

i just loved this movie. Sweet and tug at your heart. 
    BevVincentGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Watched, In The Land Of Saints And Sinners.

An IRA unit go into hiding in a small village in rural Ireland after they kill children in a bomb blast in Belfast. One of the local residents is a contract killer who wants to quit the business and live a simple life, but he learns that one of the IRA has been physically abusing a young girl in the village he takes matters into his own hands.....

I haven't enjoyed many of Lian Neeson's movies from the last couple of years but I did like this one, it's low key and well acted by a good cast, and Neeson gets to use his own accent.

GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • .....Hmmmm, gonna have to look this one up.....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Watched the Maze Runner trilogy since it recently dropped on netflix. Not great but entertaining enough. Giving movie life to YA trilogys are tricky. I've seen a few and i still think the best one of these are The Hunger Games but there the youth actors had the support of Donald Sutherland, Woody Harrelson and Stanley Tucci which are really good actors.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir