Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

What Movies Are You Viewing?

I recorded one called, Peepers to watch.  It stars Michael Caine, my favorite actor so I'm looking forward to it.

Comments

• ....ooops!....silly me......NOT Peeps......
  • blechhhhh! Peeps.  I. hate. peeps.
  • ....I know......bwhahahahha......
  • evil man.... >:)
  • I missed my The Ten Commandments last night. WTH ABC, why did you show this so early, Easter is a week away!  Thankfully, I own it.  bwhahahaha! I love this damn movie for it's pageantry, the cast of characters, sets, the acting (good and bad)-- just love it.

I also watched Futureworld with Blythe Danner and Peter Fonda.  This has a fond little spot in my heart because I saw it in the theaters.  Loved the old Westworld and I thought this was a great little follow-up.
  • We watched JUST MERCY last night -- about a young black lawyer devoted to providing legal assistance to death row inmates in Alabama. Good stuff.
  • Just Mercy -- that looks like a fantastic movie but one of those that taps into my glass half-empty woes.  Does he get Jamie Foxx off?  You can tell me.  I will never watch the movie.
  • It’s based on a true story. It takes a while, but he finally does. His organization goes on to win the exoneration of many other unjustly convicted death row inmates. 
  • Just Mercy -- that looks like a fantastic movie but one of those that taps into my glass half-empty woes.  Does he get Jamie Foxx off?  You can tell me.  I will never watch the movie.
    .....kinky........
  • Oh my lord.  :s
  • Oh my lord.  :s
    ....remember, you invited me..... :D :D
  • I did.  Yes. I did.  

• Repulsion -- directed by Roman Polanski, the first of his Apartment Trilogy on The Criterion Channel.

Rosemary's Baby is the second and The Tenant is the third. I have not seen The Tenant.

I look at Polanski's work through different eyes and with new information these days, and with that added knowledge, the movies take on any even more sinister tone beyond what was intended.

Still, these films are made by many talented people, so I will not throw the baby out with the bathwater. I can champion other's work in the making of these films. Polanski did not work in a vacuum or alone.

http://www.audienceseverywhere.net/polanskis-apartment-trilogy/
  • The Ten Commandments.  I just love this movie.  It loses me right after he parts the sea.  Everything that has been so carefully crafted up to that point now seems rushed and has a lets-just-get-to-the-end feel to it.  All the fun stuff about making the movie was in those before red sea (brs) scenes. 

moses, moses, moses
  • Finished watching this six part BBC adaptation of The Invisible Man from 1984, really good,

• We watched Phantom of the Opera (Andrew Lloyd Webber 25th anniversary from Royal Albert Hall), free for 24 hours on YouTube last night. So good. 
  • I watched this on PBS a few years ago.  It is very good.
  • We watched Phantom of the Opera (Andrew Lloyd Webber 25th anniversary from Royal Albert Hall), free for 24 hours on YouTube last night. So good. 
    Went to see Phantom in London in '88 or '89, Crawford and Brightman had moved on to Broadway but their replacements were superb, amazing show. 
    ...thanks for the heads up Bev....Tracy sat and caught the whole piece....she was very appreciative of the link.....has always loved the show and this iteration brought her to tears.....
  • Watched Pretty in Pink with my daughter. She was super unimpressed. She laughed when I told her I thought Andrew McCarthy was ever so dreamy when I was her age.  :D 

Annabelle Comes Home...very meh installment of them all. A few jump scares but not scary at all. 

Ma...this one was ok. More suspense than horror. 

Ever After. Cinderella retelling with Drew Barrymore and Anjelica Huston. I love, love, love this movie and my daughter enjoyed it, too. 
  • cat said:
    Watched Pretty in Pink with my daughter. She was super unimpressed. She laughed when I told her I thought Andrew McCarthy was ever so dreamy when I was her age.  :D 

Annabelle Comes Home...very meh installment of them all. A few jump scares but not scary at all. 

Ever After. Cinderella retelling with Drew Barrymore and Anjelica Huston. I love, love, love this movie and my daughter enjoyed it, too. 
    The movie itself was meh, but I loved Octavia Spencer.  I thought she did a scary job as Ma.  Creepy old lady. Reminds me of the kids who graduated many years earlier showing up at high school keggers.  Some people thought they were cool. I looked at them and thought, what the hell is wrong with you?  Creeping on high schoolers!
  • cat said:
    Watched Pretty in Pink with my daughter. She was super unimpressed. She laughed when I told her I thought Andrew McCarthy was ever so dreamy when I was her age.  :D 

The movie itself was meh, but I loved Octavia Spencer.  I thought she did a scary job as Ma.  Creepy old lady. Reminds me of the kids who graduated many years earlier showing up at high school keggers.  Some people thought they were cool. I looked at them and thought, what the hell is wrong with you?  Creeping on high schoolers!
    Octavia Spencer did do a great job! I enjoyed the movie, it was better than the Annabelle one, for sure. Scott and I got a good laugh out of Juliette Lewis playing the one girl's mom. When she was yelling at her about making better decisions, Scott says, Whatever, Natural Born Killer.  :D :D.  I said yeah, and Kalifornia killer too! 

Octavia Spencer was the nightmare version of Matthew McConaughey in Dazed and Confused!  :D Alright, alright, alright! 
  • Went brainless and rewatched The Meg, hasn't gotten any better since the first time I saw it. The shark looks cool but the acting by the two main leads......jeez, it's bad.
  • cat said:
    cat said:

Octavia Spencer did do a great job! I enjoyed the movie, it was better than the Annabelle one, for sure. Scott and I got a good laugh out of Juliette Lewis playing the one girl's mom. When she was yelling at her about making better decisions, Scott says, Whatever, Natural Born Killer.  :D :D.  I said yeah, and Kalifornia killer too! 

Octavia Spencer was the nightmare version of Matthew McConaughey in Dazed and Confused!  :D Alright, alright, alright! 
     :D That's hilarious!