Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Tut, tut, looks like rain -- or sunshine or storms.....

Stay safe there Bev.  Looks like you have some bad storms headed your way.  SusanNorton, are you in the path for storms this weekend also?  Ghost, you too?

Yesterday it was a glorious day in the 70s and today, down in the 60s with cooler temps.  

I got a lot done yesterday in my yard so that was nice.

Comments

• ...27 when I woke up this morning....ahhhh, Springtime in Ohio....
  • yikes, nippy!
  • We had a big storm a couple of nights ago. It got really dark at 6pm—our outdoor light-sensing lamps came on. Thunder, some hail, heavy rain. Then the sun came back out a little later. 
  • Bev, did you get the "gigantic hail" they're talking about in the news?
  • We didn't. For a minute or two I think I heard a few clinks against the side of the house, but nothing major. It was nearly 90 yesterday, but it's now down to the 50s and 60s again.
  • ....the Ohio yo-yo continues to run the string.....60 this morning, now in the 40's....Jeezum Crow!.....me achin' joints.....
  • Pretty pleasant weather here today, very sunny this morning, got a tad cloudy as the day progressed but still some sunshine breaking through. 16C/60F
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNeesy
  • We had a violent storm pop up around us last night at about 9:30. We only got rain, but the radar looked like the end of days, with masses of lightning bolts in huge clusters. Made me think of the final episode of S3 of The Good Fight!
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Weather a bit bleak here in my little patch of the world.  It's supposed to get to 74 today, but not sure it will.  The skies are gray and the very slight breeze carries a nip.  No sun in Mudville today.

I did edge my grass in preparation for a mow; and I got my garden planted as I see for the next 15 days, there seems to be no freezing.  I'll watch closely though to protect my crops like a curvier Pa Ingalls.

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNeesy
  • We had a violent storm pop up around us last night at about 9:30. We only got rain, but the radar looked like the end of days, with masses of lightning bolts in huge clusters. Made me think of the final episode of S3 of The Good Fight!
    ...my wife has family in Corpus Christi, and they got ping pong ball size hail.....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • Weather a bit bleak here in my little patch of the world.  It's supposed to get to 74 today, but not sure it will.  The skies are gray and the very slight breeze carries a nip.  No sun in Mudville today.

I did edge my grass in preparation for a mow; and I got my garden planted as I see for the next 15 days, there seems to be no freezing.  I'll watch closely though to protect my crops like a curvier Pa Ingalls.

charles ingalls  Tumblr
    NeesyHedda GablerNotaro
  • I got my flowers planted in the pots by my bright pink front door.  They look so pretty!
    GNTLGNTNotaroNeesy
  • A storm that reached from Austin to New Orleans passed through early this morning. Heavy rains, lots of lightning. A good number of people lost power -- we didn't. Just another day in Texas!
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda Gabler
  • A storm that reached from Austin to New Orleans passed through early this morning. Heavy rains, lots of lightning. A good number of people lost power -- we didn't. Just another day in Texas!
    Haha If you dont like the weather in TX just wait a few minutes
    NotaroHedda Gabler
  • Stared off beautiful this morning and turned cloudy with rain in the afternoon. Absolutely beautiful this evening, sitting out in the back garden now soaking up the sunshine. 14C/57F
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Stared off beautiful this morning and turned cloudy with rain in the afternoon. Absolutely beautiful this evening, sitting out in the back garden now soaking up the sunshine. 14C/57F
    Those are the best days, the best moments.  Quiet contemplation in beautiful space, good company, good conversation and laughs and the sun shining down on your face.
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • A beautiful morning here, i'mm sitting out back in the sunshine having a cup of lady grey and watching the birds at the feeders. Really relaxing. 11C/51F
    GNTLGNT
  • ....this little feller showed up yesterday.....my dad always looked forward to seeing them...and yes, that's the beautiful Baltimore Oriole.......
    Hedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • He's so pretty!
    GNTLGNTNotaro
  • ...and he's still around!...hope he stays for a while before going off to play baseball....

• ....breakfast bar......
    NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Okay, these are obviously two different types of squirrels, yes?
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Okay, these are obviously two different types of squirrels, yes?
    ....nope, they're the same type.....we have gray, fox and black here in our area.....

The black squirrel is actually a gray squirrel with a faulty pigment gene carried over from the fox squirrel that turns their fur a darker shade. (Some fox squirrels, which are usually reddish-brown, are also black.)
  • ....apparently lounging on feeders is a thing....this one is about 15 feet off the ground....
  • ...same feeder, sans squirrel-with rose breasted grosbeak....