Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Stephen King Rules (2022)

Comments

• Unbelievable. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited August 2022
    Okay.  Redemption.  I am so happy.

The venue sound and the visual clarity on the hosts in the room is so much better.  Tighter production so far. Apparently this is a new place from last night.  A good venue sound-wise is always a good idea.  

Still glitches in the films.  All three.  BUT, 95% better than yesterday.  While still unacceptable in my opinion, it's an improvement for sure.

I loved every one of the first block of films.

Everything's Eventual
    A Very Tight Place -- As other's mentioned, Tarrantino all the way.  Spaghetti western.  You can't see the opening or hear the music and not immediately think those things.

And I want to give a special shout-out to this version of The Man Who Loved Flowers.  Drew Newman.

Very creative.  
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited August 2022
    Fix. These. Interviews!!!!  It's unpleasant.  COME ON!!!!  Jay Holben looks irritated, shaking his head at this quality.

And the people in chat -- "We're lucky we get anything."  "It happens."  "No big deal." "Darn, glitches, we're doing our best."  NO YOU ARE NOT. 

NO NO NO.  Don't do them if you can't do them right.  It's garbled shit.

UGH!!!!!
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • Block 2 of movies done and now at a dinner break.

All the film makers and their teams are just doing great work.  Terrific creativity.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited August 2022
    YAY!!!!!  They fixed the interview issue. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • I am so proud of the Barker Street kids.  They really turned things around.

Marcello Trigo was absolutely adorable and so genuine.  I would love to see more foreign dollar baby movies.   He adapted The Ballad of the Flexible Bullet.  For 700 dollars.  I enjoyed his vision and sincerity.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurben
  • One thing I'd change in some of the adaptations is the reliance on voiceover narratives. I thought Everything's Eventual was pretty good, but I could see in my head how I would have done it as straight narrative without the voiceover. Still, the "voice" of the narrator was pretty good, for the most part.
    GNTLGNTKurben
  • One thing I'd change in some of the adaptations is the reliance on voiceover narratives. I thought Everything's Eventual was pretty good, but I could see in my head how I would have done it as straight narrative without the voiceover. Still, the "voice" of the narrator was pretty good, for the most part.
    I think voiceover is there because time and budgets. It’s a good way of dumping a lot of information without hiring the characters to do it. Everything’s Eventual was one of the more polished ones.  All the sets and the crew to deliver the goods was probably costly. 

The guy from Brazil last night mentioned that The Ballad of the Flexible Bullet had 11 characters. He narrowed it down to 3 to deliver the necessary information because they had no money. 
    GNTLGNT
  • edited August 2022
    Son of a bitch. Hire people to tech. 

Terrible movie freezes again. I thought they had it.  This interview of the 3 directors is disgraceful. 

3 days and we just can’t get it. 

This is embarrassing. 
    GNTLGNT
  • edited August 2022
    No. You don’t “make shit look really pretty.” 

But you sure make shit. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Fingers crossed for your interview, bev. Godspeed. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Praise Jesus.  I can hear Bev. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Very nice bev. You look very comfortable in these interviews. 
    FlakeNoir
  • That worked out fine, I think. I've known James for a while, so I'm very comfortable with him. We may be working together in the near future on a cool project. I'm glad the tech issues didn't hamper us at all. 
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited August 2022
    Yes. It was terrific.  You mentioned Asimov.  I've been re-reading a lot of Ray Bradbury.  I was surprised you didn't mention him as a science influence with writing given that you have your work on Mars as we speak.  And he is the go-to Mars guy.  

James, unfortunately, got stuck doing tech.  He admitted day 1 he didn't know what he was doing.  I do feel bad for him being put in this position.  Someone needed to step up and help.  Mr. Rogers said, Look for the helpers.  Where in the hell were the helpers? 

He was the director of The Doctor's Case, yes?  He did a beautiful job with that film.  So slick.  And he was fantastic last year in front of the camera during the Dollar Babies.  I am hammering these people for this year's festival, but I do know they are all probably good people.  My anger is coming from heartbreak for the creators.  I have a soft spot for artists of all kinds.  I champion the creatives.

Hope you can reveal soon that cool project.  

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited August 2022
    Yeah the streaming quality has been subpar compared to last year, unfortunately. It makes it hard to watch - very unfortunate for the film makers.

On the plus side, Bev's interview - at least on his side - was very clear and always great to hear Bev talk about King, writing, and his very own growing body of work!
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • @FlakeNoir -- Tery had a dollar baby for a while, do you remember which one it was?
    GNTLGNT
  • @BevVincent -- Have you read this Northrup book on the Dollar Babies?
    GNTLGNT
  • @FlakeNoir -- Tery had a dollar baby for a while, do you remember which one it was?
    Oh yes she did... I don’t think it went ahead. Struggling to remember which one, sorry. 🤔
    GNTLGNT
  • edited August 2022
    No. It didn't get made.  She was holding out for certain people, but they wouldn't sign on.  Not sure I should say who.  Do you remember? <3
    GNTLGNT
  • Ahhh, Lou Ferrigno was sweet.
    GNTLGNT
  • No. It didn't get made.  She was holding out for certain people, but they wouldn't sign on.  Not sure I should say who.  Do you remember? <3
    I just found all the info' at the SKMB... it was "My Pretty Pony". 
    GNTLGNT
  • Thanks for looking into that.  My memory sucks.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Thanks for looking into that.  My memory sucks.
    Jesus mine too, wouldn't have remembered at all without the search. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • edited August 2022
    This last block of movies has started great.  But paying attention to the narrations now, the use of them that is.

:D  There are a lot!

In Grey Matter, it's a bad can of Schlitz, isn't it?  Anyone who has had Schlitz, knows.
    GNTLGNT