Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

2022 October Horror Movie Marathon!

Are you ready to play with us? It's that time of year again! Welcome back to the 2022 October Horror Movie Marathon!

Here's how it works:

Watch scary/horror movies in October...whatever YOU think is horror (or scary) is fine!

Talk about them here, or at least list the title.

At the end of the month, we tally up how many horror movies you watched
1-12 movies: Bangor Buddies
13-18 movies: Tet-Mates
19-30 movies: Horrorslingers
31 movies or more: Ultimate Kings of Horror!

Even if you only watch one or two scary movies, this is a great thread for horror movie enthusiasts to share their finds and talk some horror!   

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotarocatKurbenLou_Sytsma

Comments

• There you are! I’m ready!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirfushingfeefNotarocatKurbenLou_Sytsma
  • Hi guys, can't wait for the marathon to begin! I love trying to narrow down my choices to just 31 movies, I could do this all year!
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaroGNTLGNTcatnot_nadineKurben
  • Hope to participate.
    NotaroGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoircatKurbenfushingfeef
  • I'm still deciding, last year just feels so close. ☺
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTcatKurbenfushingfeef
  • I'm ready! Been thinking about it lately so I'm glad to see the thread started. 🙂
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenfushingfeefHedda Gabler
  • cat said:
    I'm ready! Been thinking about it lately so I'm glad to see the thread started. 🙂

Hedda GablercatFlakeNoirfushingfeef
  • I'm in!!!!  Looking forward to it!!
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerfushingfeefFlakeNoir
  • Soon its starting......
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerGNTLGNTfushingfeef
  • It's October 1st! Has been all day... I didn't even realise. 😳🙄
    Horror is definitely not my natural gig, is it?
    GNTLGNTKurben
  • Kurbens Horror Movie Marathon List

1. Beast (2022) Idris Elba in the lead. He and his two daughters get stranded in the savanna with a lion thats tired of poachers gunning his kind down and has started hunting humans, any humans. Thereafter its a survival trial against an opponent that is stronger and faster. Quite decent. Nothing supernatural about it. perhaps more suspenseful than scary. 3,5/5
    Hedda Gablernot_nadineGNTLGNTfushingfeefFlakeNoir
  • edited October 2022
    2022 Halloween Marathon

1.  SERVANT -- Apple+ series, season 1, 10 episodes

"Servant is an American psychological horror streaming television series created by Tony Basgallop and executive produced alongside M. Night Shyamalan, who serves as showrunner.[1][2] The series follows Sean and Dorothy Turner, a Philadelphia couple who hire Leanne Grayson to be the nanny for their infant son Jericho, a reborn doll. Leanne's arrival brings about strange and frightening occurrences for the couple."

https://images.app.goo.gl/Xh1EVYgTLez3EF3g9

I knew nothing about this series.  Within the first 14 minutes, I was traumatized.  But, I went back in to find the reveal of what the series is about.  Because I only had a 7 day free trial, I won't be able to get to the the next seasons, for now.  But, the first season was definitely a good place to stop even though it is a cliff hanger.  I will give Apple a few months to add more things and I'll go back in.  I would recommend it.

I am having trouble on my computer being able to copy images.  Are they cracking down on this?  I used to be able to right click in the bottom corner of a shot, copy image and paste.  It won't give me that option anymore.  Any help from anyone would be appreciated on what I'm doing wrong.

2022 Halloween Marathon
    *denotes first time viewing

1.  SERVANT- *

GNTLGNTfushingfeefFlakeNoir

• I am having trouble on my computer being able to copy images.  Are they cracking down on this?  I used to be able to right click in the bottom corner of a shot, copy image and paste.  It won't give me that option anymore.  Any help from anyone would be appreciated on what I'm doing wrong.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. It seems to be because images are no longer jpegs or pngs. I've been using Snip & Sketch to copy images. Not as elegant but it works.
    GNTLGNTKurbenfushingfeefFlakeNoir
  • 1. The Black Phone (FTV)

A boy abducted by a masked kidnapper known as The Grabber must find a way to escape, with the help of mysterious voices coming from a disconnected black phone.

Based on the short story by Stephen King’s son Joe Hill, The Black Phone is a rough ride, not afraid to show children getting hurt, especially by other children, but occasionally adults.  Set in the 1970’s, but with little nostalgia aside from the occasional soundtrack choice.  The adults are bumbling, broken, or outright predatory, and the children live in a world ruled by fear and violence.  This is far from a feel-good movie, but strong performances from both children and adults keep it watchable.  The mask, and more specifically how it is used in the movie, stand out in a crowded field of masked killer movies.

This movie has its flaws—things are set up without resolution, characters commit infuriating logical errors, and one feels that much was left on the cutting room floor.  Depth and mystery are lacking, although the suspense is undeniable, this is pretty much a “what you see is what you get” kind of film. I felt like the movie started better than it ended, and while I don’t look to horror movies for moral teachings, some of the apparent conclusions of this film are a bit questionable.  Still, most genre fans will be suitably entertained by this dark tale.

3.5 out of 5 stars.

Bob's October 2022 Horror Movie List

*FTV denotes first-time viewings

1. The Black Phone 3.5/5 (FTV)

KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT

• I am having trouble on my computer being able to copy images.  Are they cracking down on this?  I used to be able to right click in the bottom corner of a shot, copy image and paste.  It won't give me that option anymore.  Any help from anyone would be appreciated on what I'm doing wrong.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. It seems to be because images are no longer jpegs or pngs. I've been using Snip & Sketch to copy images. Not as elegant but it works.
    Thanks. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Servant - Rotten Tomatoes
    How did you do this? FF?  How are you getting those  images here?   Checking out all possibilities. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTfushingfeef
  • edited October 2022
    GNTLGNT said:
    Servant - Rotten Tomatoes
    How did you do this? FF?  How are you getting those  images here?   Checking out all possibilities. 

I'm still bringing snaps here the same way as normal.  On my phone I hold my thumb over the image online until the list of options appear over the image, I choose "download image", then I upload to this site from my phone using the image download option in the post.  
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Same here but with laptop, Right click on image 'copy'  (no download) and click in the message area, right click 'paste'
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenHedda Gabler
  • ...yeppur, I use Google Images and "copy image" then "paste"...not all work, but so far-more often than not.....
    KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Kurbens Horror Movie Marathon List

1. Beast (2022) 3,5
    2. Nix (2022) 2,5 This one was not a hit with me. A story of a family broken by tragedy and grief crossed with a slimy monster movie. It had some ambition but did not manage to fulfill them. The ending answered not all the questions. Only 94 minutes long but felt longer....
    Hedda GablerfushingfeefFlakeNoirGNTLGNT