Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Live Eagle Cam — Big Bear, California

Comments

• No Eagle on nesting eggs for over 30 minutes. Temp is  35F.   
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • spideyman said:
    No Eagle on nesting eggs for over 30 minutes. Temp is  35F.   
    Big Bear Eagle nest
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Update one of the Eagles came back at 7:54-PM eastern, ck
    d eggs, flew off. I have to take a break. Too stressful.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited February 2023
    Dad just flew in. Sat on them not even a minute and took off again. 

Okay. He’s back. Snuggling in. 
    GNTLGNT
  • This might be mom.  Dad has a thinner angular face than mom has. 
    GNTLGNT
  • I wonder what ‘s going on? They never leave those eggs uncovered. Very good about switching off. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Everything seems to be good with the babes. Someone on the eggs in California and dad was feeding the kids in florida. 
    GNTLGNT
  • What the hell is going in with this Big Bear nest? Why are they leaving the eggs uncovered? 
    GNTLGNT
  • Snow on the big bear nest. Florida dad busting his ass for the kids. 

FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Okay, it must have been an interesting day at Florida nest. Still no sign of Harriet. 

Intruder eagle came in, dad chased it away, it got hit with an Owl strike and came back.  Dad let her stay. They think it is female. I am not on Fecesbook, but they have an open page so I can read comments there. People are speculating this might be a potential mate that will help with babes. I guess this is not uncommon. 

This would be ideal. Dad is working hard to protect and feed. He could use help. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Night time at Ol Donyo Lodge livestream showing a momma lion and her babes right now. Preteens i’d say. They have very round bellies.  Very healthy. Mom must be a good hunter. 

Oh crap! A giraffe showed up. Everyone sees everyone. Everyone appears very chill. I am turning the channel. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited February 2023
    Something seems to be happening at the Big bear nest. They are leaving eggs for long stretches and they were caught on cam mating again. This may mean the eggs are not viable. 

The florida cam, M (dad) has been having a guest eagle female pop in, but he isn’t accepting her yet. They’ve had tussles over fish he brings to the nest for the babies. That’s always scary to hear and saw it happen yesterday. 

The african cam had elephants the other night which was cool. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Ahhhh, another eagle in the nest while dad feeds. Brought the lady home to meet the kids. It was interesting. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited February 2023
    Apparently there was an owl strike at the Florida nest last night on the intruder eagle. But all seems okay.

the big bear eagles still sitting. They estimated egg hatch on Valentines day. I can’t see chat so not sure what’s being said about all this. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Apparently there was an owl strike at the Florida nest last night on the intruder eagle. But all seems okay.

the big bear eagles still sitting. They estimated egg hatch on Valentines day. I can’t see chat so not sure what’s being said about all this. 
    They are on day 40. Longest has been 45 days.  Picture taken by cam operator. Have not seen posts, but appears, might be ??, air holes and thinning of egg on right side. Bad weather coming in too.

FL--- female intruder and dad in tree together tonight. Both E21 and E22 feeding well. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited February 2023
    spideyman said:
    Apparently there was an owl strike at the Florida nest last night on the intruder eagle. But all seems okay.

They are on day 40. Longest has been 45 days.  Picture taken by cam operator. Have not seen posts, but appears, might be ??, air holes and thinning of egg on right side. Bad weather coming in too.

FL--- female intruder and dad in tree together tonight. Both E21 and E22 feeding well. 

Thank you spidey. The only additional info I get is if someone makes a youtube. Florida eagle people are more apt to do that. Wasn’t seeing any additional youtubes on the big bear birds. 

If you spot anything, please share. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • spideyman said:

Thank you spidey. The only additional info I get is if someone makes a youtube. Florida eagle people are more apt to do that. Wasn’t seeing any additional youtubes on the big bear birds. 

Can you access this site on your cell phone. It has a pretty good Big Bear chat right on the main page, not like the Fl chat.
    https://naturechat.org/big-bear-eagle-cam/
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • spideyman said:
    spideyman said:

Can you access this site on your cell phone. It has a pretty good Big Bear chat right on the main page, not like the Fl chat.
    https://naturechat.org/big-bear-eagle-cam/
    Oh, that is helpful. I’ll keep an eye on it. 

But, the chat makes me laugh a bit, too. Jesus, why do there always have to be drama llamas on a board?  😂😂
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Dad in Florida is allowing female to sit closer to him on the same branch. 

Spidey, are you seeing any real time chat on this nest? Apparently people are still sneaking at night to feed them. Which they say is very very bad. They are going so far as to hire delivery drivers to buy food and drop it at nest area.  

I know Harriet is probably dead, but i still wish they would find her.  I have this fantasy that dad is hunting for her too while something mends. 

Yes i know. I am a pollyanna. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Holy hell. Don’t go look at big bear cam. It is snowing like a son of a bitch and the eagle sitting on the eggs is almost buried. I did see breathing, but it is laid out. Ugh. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Dad in Florida is allowing female to sit closer to him on the same branch. 

Spidey, are you seeing any real time chat on this nest? Apparently people are still sneaking at night to feed them. Which they say is very very bad. They are going so far as to hire delivery drivers to buy food and drop it at nest area.  

I know Harriet is probably dead, but i still wish they would find her.  I have this fantasy that dad is hunting for her too while something mends. 

There is a live chat twice daily/ AM and PM by the SWFC administrators. They are cautioning readers of other "chats" that false information  is being posted. I have seen no indication of outside food lately. The farm land is paroled and cams monitored 24/7. All I am seeing is fish , rabbit or road kill being brought to the nest.  R23-3 the rouge female is being allowed to stay by M. The thinking is his first duty is to feed and protect the young. A confrontation might cause an injury to him. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • Holy hell. Don’t go look at big bear cam. It is snowing like a son of a bitch and the eagle sitting on the eggs is almost buried. I did see breathing, but it is laid out. Ugh. 
    Here is a link that might reassure you about safety of Jamie and Smokey in the snow.

https://www.audubon.org/news/bald-eagle-parents-get-buried-snow-while-incubating-eggs#:~:text=Eagles, and many other types,their feathers to regu
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • spideyman said:
    Holy hell. Don’t go look at big bear cam. It is snowing like a son of a bitch and the eagle sitting on the eggs is almost buried. I did see breathing, but it is laid out. Ugh. 
    Here is a link that might reassure you about safety of Jamie and Smokey in the snow.

https://www.audubon.org/news/bald-eagle-parents-get-buried-snow-while-incubating-eggs#:~:text=Eagles, and many other types,their feathers to regu
    Oh that does reassure me. Thank you. Haven’t checked in with them this morning so hopefully all is well. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • spideyman said:
    Dad in Florida is allowing female to sit closer to him on the same branch. 

There is a live chat twice daily/ AM and PM by the SWFC administrators. They are cautioning readers of other "chats" that false information  is being posted. I have seen no indication of outside food lately. The farm land is paroled and cams monitored 24/7. All I am seeing is fish , rabbit or road kill being brought to the nest.  R23-3 the rouge female is being allowed to stay by M. The thinking is his first duty is to feed and protect the young. A confrontation might cause an injury to him. 
    I’m getting info from chatters I see in twitter.  Nothing official. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir