Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Live Eagle Cam — Big Bear, California

Years ago, @FlakeNoir and a bunch of us followed a live Eagle Cam. It was fascinating. A little worrisome too. 

I spent a lot of time watching until it dawned on me, one of these days, mom and dad are going to bring something other than fish to these chicks. And it will still be alive. 

But, I’m giving it another go, for now. The view at Big Bear is gorgeous, and the eagles are gorgeous. The first ”pip” is due to hatch the day after Valentine’s day. They have 2 eggs. 

If someone could grab the youtube link for viewing and post here, I would be grateful. 

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir

Comments

• “The hole poked through the membrane is called the internal pip. The hole pecked through the egg shell is called the external pip. After breaking the membrane with its egg tooth the chick can breathe the air that filters through the porous egg shell and vigorously starts the final process of hatching.”

The other eagle cam we watched was in Florida. Dick Pritchett’s cam. I think the same pair are still nesting there. Not sure about that. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • We had a nest change. Mom, the noticeably bigger eagle went to eat. Dad is now on nest. Much smaller than her. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Holy shit.  @flakenoir — Harriet the female eagle we watched in Florida has been missing for 24 hours.  She has used this nest for 16 years. I think her mate is still trying to take care of babies.  F**king disaster.  🥺

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Thank you spidey! Hope you are well. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Holy shit.  @flakenoir — Harriet the female eagle we watched in Florida has been missing for 24 hours.  She has used this nest for 16 years. I think her mate is still trying to take care of babies.  F**king disaster.  🥺

Oh no... 🥺 is she back?
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I'm all caught up on Harriet now after reading a link. (Thanks Spidey)

Oh this is very worrying and upsetting for the community that love her and her family. 😔 The article said they thought she is around 28-29 years old and typically these guys and girls do not live longer than 30 years. 
    It's just a sad situation... oh but what a privilege to be a part of this life.🪺🪻
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • ....they are so fiercely beautiful....we are privileged to be seeing more and more in the area around us...never gets old seeing those white feathers flashing in the sun....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I'm all caught up on Harriet now after reading a link. (Thanks Spidey)

Oh this is very worrying and upsetting for the community that love her and her family. 😔 The article said they thought she is around 28-29 years old and typically these guys and girls do not live longer than 30 years. 
    It's just a sad situation... oh but what a privilege to be a part of this life.🪺🪻
    Still nothing. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • FlakeNoir said:
    I'm all caught up on Harriet now after reading a link. (Thanks Spidey)

Still nothing. 
    🥺 🙏🤞💜
    GNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • I have been watching this cam for years.  It has been thrilling, heartbreaking, along with love for the pair.  Took awhile to be able to watch them eat, but I got over the live things they brought to the nest.  Just wait till the babies start flapping and moving about.  oh my, tension that they will fall.   I will check out this cam as well!

May be an image of text
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Poor mom here.  Just protecting and taking it.

Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Okay, if you go to the Pritchard eagle cam in florida, it is dark and they have the camera on a man near the road. Harriet is still missing a week out. People are doing things that can be harmful to the nest. 

I just don’t want to believe Harriet is dead. I just want to believe maybe she just hurt herself and is on the  ground and someone will find her. 

The male is on the tree panting. They do this to regulate heat or if they are stressed. I wish this man would leave. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Okay, if you go to the Pritchard eagle cam in florida, it is dark and they have the camera on a man near the road. Harriet is still missing a week out. People are doing things that can be harmful to the nest. 

I just don’t want to believe Harriet is dead. I just want to believe maybe she just hurt herself and is on the  ground and someone will find her. 

The male is on the tree panting. They do this to regulate heat or if they are stressed. I wish this man would leave. 
    Ck the message box/ chat on the right side of site.  The cops were called and the man hauled off. So many watching outside the fence this morning.  Wish there was a no human zone.  Chicks eating well. Papa is doing a magnificent job.  Rain coming in today.  Asking St Francis to protect them all.
    not_nadineHedda GablerGNTLGNT

This is one of the heartbreaks that comes with watching a live nest.  I feel your pain, I really do.  Hoping that Harriet returns.  Nature can be glorious but also brutal.
    Come home, Harriet.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • This is horrible that people are disturbing the nest.  I feel like calling someone.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • spideyman said:
    Okay, if you go to the Pritchard eagle cam in florida, it is dark and they have the camera on a man near the road. Harriet is still missing a week out. People are doing things that can be harmful to the nest. 

Ck the message box/ chat on the right side of site.  The cops were called and the man hauled off. So many watching outside the fence this morning.  Wish there was a no human zone.  Chicks eating well. Papa is doing a magnificent job.  Rain coming in today.  Asking St Francis to protect them all.
    Thanks spidey, can’t see chat box on phone so glad everyone is all over this. Any other interesting stuff you see in chat, please share. 
    GNTLGNT
  • This is horrible that people are disturbing the nest.  I feel like calling someone.
    They have 3 cameras in the area so they are vigilant.  

And yeah, i just want the world and people cotton candy sweet and everything good. We know it cannot be. 🫤
    GNTLGNT
  • Holy shit! Is Harriet back???? Please someone check chat and see????
    GNTLGNT
  • Intruder is another Eagle. Dad was feeding, other Eagle had been stalking in branch above nest. Flew to nest- attack ensued. Babies ok for now, Dad on branch above nest, intruder on another branch. Time 4:30PM eastern
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • spideyman said:
    Intruder is another Eagle. Dad was feeding, other Eagle had been stalking in branch above nest. Flew to nest- attack ensued. Babies ok for now, Dad on branch above nest, intruder on another branch. Time 4:30PM eastern
    Damn.  This just all makes me cry. Can’t fucking something turn out good? Sigh. 

Thanks spidey. Any new updates appreciated. 
    GNTLGNT
  • And it’s Pritchett, not Pritchard. Sorry I keep typing that wrong. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Why is this one baby not eating,  was it injured in the fight?  Ugh. Obviously it is older, i would expect it to be more aggressive. 
    GNTLGNT
  • Aw frick. Now I’m watching an African watering hole.  There are lions. Look away. Look away. 

GNTLGNT
  • The intruder did fly away eventually. Dad guarded nest. No injuries to chicks. Dad will often feed the chicks individually. The darker colored one ate first. then the lighter one.
    5:23p E22 grabs a big bone from M, M takes it away. 5:27p E22 finding pieces of prey , gets bites of food from M in between. E21 continues to watch, was fed before, has nice size crop. 5:37p E22 continues to be fed.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT