Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Did Your Wishes Come True?-- SPOILERS

124»

Comments

• Doom_Buggie CC wrote:

Me too lin, I was shocked how his death happened, and that he was the first.

CC, I think that's what surprised me most too.. he was FIRST. Eddie. Who saved Roland's life from the lobstrocities, who kicked heroin, who loved Roland like a father and dearest friend.... ugh. :( :'(

Lin
  • Agreed.. I totally saw Jake, Susannah or Oy going first. That's part of why Oy's death bugged me so much. The little guy made it so freakin far with him... why kill him off? SK plays havoc with my emotions when it comes to animals - even mid-world ones.

But then Eddie... he seemed to be such a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants guy... until it came right down to battles and doing what needed to be done. He kept so much of his New York personality. It didn't seem possible that he could die so easily. (well, I mean - get shot easily.. his death was anything but)
  • Rache4173 wrote: Agreed.. I totally saw Jake, Susannah or Oy going first.   That's part of why Oy's death bugged me so much.  The little guy made it so freakin far with him... why kill him off?  SK plays havoc with my emotions when it comes to animals - even mid-world ones.

But then Eddie... he seemed to be such a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants guy... until it came right down to battles and doing what needed to be done.  He kept so much of his New York personality.  It didn't seem possible that he could die so easily.  (well, I mean - get shot easily.. his death was anything but)

Rache, I know! I was like... huh, that can't be possible. Eddie (forgawdssake) held his own naked in a gunfight while still with a bad case of the DT's and then some guy who's dead or dying, just shoots him? That was classic Stephen though. Right between the eyes, tough on the heart. :(

Lin
  • I have to say though, just the mere fact that SK can still shock me (Eddie) after reading him for over 20 years now, makes me love the guy even more.
  • Doom_Buggie CC wrote: I have to say though, just the mere fact that SK can still shock me (Eddie) after reading him for over 20 years now, makes me love the guy even more.

Totally - the man has cajones, I can say that much. ;)

Lin
  • Completely agree. There aren't many authors who can make me care about their characters as much as King does. For some reason, that's particularly true of the Dark Tower series.

Part of it, too, is that we've been living with these characters for so long - and they're alll likeable and easy to respect in some way - that they seem like old friends.

Laura hasn't read the Dark Tower books (and prob. won't), so it was hard for me to explain why I was so shocked and dazed after finishing DTVII.

HBJ
  • Hunchback Jack wrote: Completely agree. There aren't many authors who can make me care about their characters as much as King does. For some reason, that's particularly true of the Dark Tower series.

Part of it, too, is that we've been living with these characters for so long - and they're alll likeable and easy to respect in some way - that they seem like old friends.

Laura hasn't read the Dark Tower books (and prob. won't), so it was hard for me to explain why I was so shocked and dazed after finishing DTVII.

HBJ

Agrees with all of that - also agrees that Laura probably won't read the books :P :), I can't imagine a Stephen King that didn't push our boundaries. But at the same time, you're saying "don't do it Stephen, you just better not!". Then he does. :)

Lin
  • lol thanks bob! and duk, its because you were hiding elsewhere. Bob and i just "happened ' to be int he same closet. you were with lin and sheep by the couch(or as we canadians call it chesterfield) and poo was off in the bar getting drunk. Poo missed the whole thing. She got no cake.
  • I guess if I went into the closet I could never come out of the closet - not sure my wife would be too pleased with me. :o
  • Ford_Prefect wrote: lol thanks bob! and duk, its because you were hiding elsewhere. Bob and i just "happened ' to be int he same closet. you were with lin and sheep by the couch(or as we canadians call it chesterfield) and poo was off in the bar getting drunk. Poo missed the whole thing. She got no cake.

eeek.. another reason I'm not totally Canadian - I NEVER say chesterfield.  In my house it's "couch" or "sek-shun-al". :)

I guess if I went into the closet I could never come out of the closet - not sure my wife would be too pleased with me.  

Bob, you know this is about wishes coming true or not.  What are you trying to say? ;)

Lin

• CRinVA wrote: I guess if I went into the closet I could never come out of the closet - not sure my wife would be too pleased with me.  :o

Definetly a hint of repressed secrets there, Bob ;)
  • Ford_Prefect wrote: lol thanks bob! and duk, its because you were hiding elsewhere. Bob and i just "happened ' to be int he same closet. you were with lin and sheep by the couch(or as we canadians call it chesterfield) and poo was off in the bar getting drunk. Poo missed the whole thing. She got no cake.

What makes you think I'd make a grab for your ass if I was in the same closet anyway?

Believes in equal rights and all that...wot, wot, and it is only fair that you grab my a*s*s!  ;D
  • Lin242 wrote:

Bob, you know this is about wishes coming true or not.  What are you trying to say? ;)

Lin

Not trying to say anything! You say straight, I say thankya! ;D
  • DTUK wrote:

Definetly a hint of repressed secrets there, Bob ;)
    Nope matey - I'm just introducing some levity here! ;D
  • CRinVA wrote:

Not trying to say anything!  You say straight, I say thankya!   ;D

;D :P
  • Lin242 wrote: Agrees with all of that - also agrees that Laura probably won't read the books :P :),

I hope she does. While I told her I didn't like the ending very much, I've done nothing but rave about the books for the last, well, 18 months, I guess. And I didn't give away the ending. ;)

HBJ
  • Hunchback Jack wrote:

I hope she does. While I told her I didn't like the ending very much, I've done nothing but rave about the books for the last, well, 18 months, I guess. And I didn't give away the ending. ;)

HBJ

:) HBJ, I added it in because it was with everything else, it made me laugh. Tell her it's well worth it, we'll all be waiting for her comments. ;)

Lin
  • Dammit, Lin, I'm still taking you way too seriously, I can see. ???

HBJ,

smiley-impaired.
  • Hunchback Jack wrote: Dammit, Lin, I'm still taking you way too seriously, I can see.  ???

HBJ,

smiley-impaired.

Not to worry HBJ, my new self-help guide comes out next week: How to Understand Lin Without Losing Your Mind. I will send you a signed, complimentary copy. ;) It's hard dealing with me sometimes, isn't it?

Lin ;D
  • How to Understand Lin Without Losing Your Mind.
    I've been waiting for this title since before she'd even thought of it.

It's hard dealing with me sometimes, isn't it?
    LOL
  • Rache4173 wrote:

I've been waiting for this title since before she'd even thought of it.

LOL

Oh, I suppose you'll want royalties now. *hmph*.. :)

oh, and fiend. 8)