Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

The Mist

123457»

Comments

• Intriguing approach.
  • When the residents of Bridgeville, Maine find themselves engulfed by a foreboding mist containing a myriad of inexplicable and bizarre threats, their humanity is put to the test in THE MIST, a new 10 episode serialized drama premiering Thursday, June 22 at 10 PM, ET/PT on Spike.

Based on a story by Stephen King, THE MIST has been re-imagined for television by Executive Producer and Writer Christian Torpe and produced for Spike by TWC-Dimension Television. Spike’s THE MIST centers around a small town family that is torn apart by a brutal crime. As they deal with the fallout an eerie mist rolls in, suddenly cutting them off from the rest of the world, and in some cases, each other. Family, friends and adversaries become strange bedfellows, battling the mysterious mist and its threats, fighting to maintain morality and sanity as the rules of society break down.
  • Cursed by having to follow the IT trailer which is one of the most effective I've seen in a long time.

A bit worried about the implication that the Mist could be affecting people's perception of reality - not a wrinkle that excites me.
  • Intrigued enough by the pilot to continue watching. If anything they should have held off on the mist till the second episode. So many characters and their stories felt rushed.
  • 2nd episode and those UTD flashbacks are returning due to story driving characters instead of vice-versa. The high school teacher besting a soldier was ridiculous.
  • All 10 episodes will be released on Netflix in Canada and the UK on August 25.
  • After 4 episodes I put it somewhere between Haven and Under The Dome - leaning towards UTD.
  • I tend to lean it a bit more toward Haven, but point taken.
  • It's one and done for Spike TV's The Mist.

The Viacom-owned cable network has canceled the freshman drama based on the Stephen King novella.

Picked up straight to series in April 2016 as part of Spike's push to re-enter the original scripted space, the drama starring Morgan Spector and Frances Conroy launched in late June to solid sampling, drawing 1.2 million viewers to the premiere with live-plus-three-day Nielsen returns. However, the rest of The Mist's run could barely draw 800,000 viewers — even with DVR. Among adults 18-49, the show couldn't even crack cable's top 30 scripted series.

The Mist, produced by The Weinstein Co./Dimension TV, marked Spike's return to scripted after scrapping previous efforts including Red Mars and the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced drama Harvest, both of which were picked up straight to series.

The decision to cancel The Mist comes as Spike is set to be rebranded as Paramount Network in January as part of a larger plan to reinvigorate corporate parent Viacom.

Spike/Paramount Network president Kevin Kay told The Hollywood Reporter in March that The Mist had the potential to move to Paramount Network with a second season if the first run performed well. Instead, Paramount Network will launch with a mix of high-end scripted including The Weinstein Co.-produced Taylor Sheridan drama Yellowstone and miniseries Waco, as well as TV Land-developed entries American Woman and Heathers.
  • By 6 episodes in, it was a full-on tilt to UTD. Never got that bad but it sure missed a character of Big Jim Rennie's stature to provide some entertainment.
  • The Mist (film, not TV series) is coming to 4K video on October 3.  Extras include the black and white version.

Lou_SytsmaGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir