Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Documentaries

Comments

• CallMe Miss Cleo — hbomax
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Second half of Meghan & Harry. 

I have mixed thoughts on this. My hope is, you had your say, harry’s book is coming out , now let it go. The longer they go on with this, the worse it will be.  

I can see both sides on what was going on.  I lean towards them a lot, but not always. 
    Doubt that will happen. If they just let it go they cant get the money they want/need for their lifestyle. And the royal house would get what they want, for the thing to slowly die to be one scandal among many. Its ugly and will possibly get uglier. I doubt they spilled all the beans in one tv-series. Always wise to save some ammonition for later, be it book, series, movie or interview. 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirnot_nadineGNTLGNTNotaro
  • edited December 2022
    I watched the first two.   The over the top loving was too much for me.  Seemed posed and staged. 

I hope that I haven't be infulenced by all the hate for Meghan, but she seems 'off'.

So clingly, hands all over him, holding tight hands during events.  Maybe she is just uncomfortable and needs support to get through it.  I don't know. 

P. Harry seems to be blinded by love. 

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • I watched the first two.   The over the top loving was too much for me.  Seemed posed and staged. 

I hope that I haven't be infulenced by all the hate for Meghan, but she seems 'off'.

So clingly, hands all over him, holding tight hands during events.  Maybe she is just uncomfortable and needs support to get through it.  I don't know. 

P. Harry seems to be blinded by love. 

I agree. The constant pawing is cringe. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTKurbenNotaro
  • My Next Guest with David Letterman and Volodymyr Zelenskyy -- what a terrific and important interview. Letterman definitely brought his A-game to this one.
  • edited December 2022
    If These Walls Could Sing — Hulu - Mary McCartney’s documentary on Abby Road.  More to it than just The Beatles. Loved it. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • VOIR — Netflix
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • We watched David Crosby: Remember My Name on Amazon Prime last night. A revealing look at his life and career.
  • I think he was a curmudgeon.  Yes? No?
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Yes, exacerbated by heavy drug use for many years. Likable enough in this, though. Vulnerable, repentant, resolved.
  • Does anyone know what streaming service is carrying the Willie Nelson doc for a limited time? I have googled and I am not getting an answer. Yes. My google skillz suck. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Sinatra in Palm Springs — Freevee
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Does anyone know what streaming service is carrying the Willie Nelson doc for a limited time? I have googled and I am not getting an answer. Yes. My google skillz suck. 
    How can I watch Willie Nelson American Outlaw?
    You can buy "Willie Nelson American Outlaw" on Apple iTunes, Amazon Video as download or rent it on Apple iTunes, Amazon Video online.
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Does anyone know what streaming service is carrying the Willie Nelson doc for a limited time? I have googled and I am not getting an answer. Yes. My google skillz suck. 
    You can buy "Willie Nelson American Outlaw" on Apple iTunes, Amazon Video as download or rent it on Apple iTunes, Amazon Video online.
    Thanks scott. I should have been clearer. But obviously I misunderstood. I thought a service was going yo stream it Free for a week. They must just be making it available. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited January 2023
    According to this article, it should be streaming free until the 29th, though I haven't yet seen how to view it. Looks like you have to register (also free). The doc is 4.5 hours long!
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited January 2023
    According to this article, it should be streaming free until the 29th, though I haven't yet seen how to view it. Looks like you have to register (also free). The doc is 4.5 hours long!
    I found this:

It pays to be a local when it comes to Sundance. Starting Tuesday, the festival will show a few free in-person movies for Utah residents.

Through Sundance’s Local Lens program, Utah residents can get in on the Sundance action without opening their wallets.

Local Lens offers free in-person screenings at venues in Park City and Salt Lake City.

The program starts Tuesday with a screening of “Aliens Abducted My Parents and Now I Feel Kinda Left Out” at the Grand Theatre in Salt Lake City at 6:15 p.m.

Also on Tuesday is a screening of “Radical” at The Library Center Theatre in Park City at 9:30 p.m.

On Wednesday at the Redstone Cinemas in Park City, “Shayda” is showing at 9 p.m.

Finally, “Little Richard: I Am Everything” will screen Thursday at the Grand Theatre in Salt Lake City at 6:15 p.m.

In addition, the Best of Fest screenings will be announced on Jan. 27 which will also be available to Utah residents.

A Utah ZIP code is required for the free screenings.

So maybe only Utah sees it free???

GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • GNTLGNT said:
    Does anyone know what streaming service is carrying the Willie Nelson doc for a limited time? I have googled and I am not getting an answer. Yes. My google skillz suck. 
    Thanks scott. I should have been clearer. But obviously I misunderstood. I thought a service was going yo stream it Free for a week. They must just be making it available. 
    ...here's a pic...does that help?.....no??....well shucky-durns......

Why Willie Nelson Is Americas Favorite Outlaw - WSJ
    KurbenFlakeNoirNotaro
  • The Twelfth Victim — showtime 

Starkweather and Caril Ann Fugate.
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Pretty Baby: Brooke Shields
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Murder In The Front Row: The San Francisco Bay Area Thrash Metal Story

Hugely enjoyable doc about the Bay Area scene, mostly focuses on Exodus and Metallica, with Megsdeth, Slayer( even though Slayer are from California), Possessed, Testament, Death Angel, and New York's Anthrax.

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  •  Just saw a three part documentary of the Loch Ness Monster. Some things i did not know. It is now conclusively proven (not just suspected) that the two most famous pics of Nessie are hoaxes. They are admitted by some of the involved people. Also a recent (2019) DNA search of the lake to see what creatures live there turned a surprising high amount of Eels. They can reach about two meters in length and account for many sightings. Interesting update on what i already knew. Myths that are made in modern time are always interesting.
  • ....I also found it interesting in shows I've seen that there was genetic material which couldn't be identified....not saying it's Nessie, just that it's intriguing....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Elton John - Uncensored (interview with Graham Norton) on Amazon Prime. 
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • MH370 - The Plane That Disappeared on Netflix. Three part documentary about that mystery and some of the main theories of which none are really good. But it was a lot if info i didn't know or had forgot since the sad day of when its happened.