Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Documentaries

Comments

• And yes Scott, I was a people person even then. 

πŸ˜„
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirnot_nadine
  • And yes Scott, I was a people person even then. 

πŸ˜„
    ...s'ok :D....brought back a camp memory for me as well...Boy Scout camp was the same comfy tenting set-up...nothing like the lingering scent of overheated musty canvas.....anyway, some of us older scouts had a habit of going around at Reveille to wake up our fellow troops by whacking the bottom of their sleeping bag with a stick...pure genius right?.....until one morning we were plying our trade and heard a muffled moan come from one of the fart sacks, dumb shite had slept with his head at the bottom of the bag......ooopsee..... 
    KurbenHedda Gablernot_nadineFlakeNoir
  • edited July 2023
     :p :p   dammit you made me sing it.!!
    I was a girl scout too, don't remember all the badges I got.   I just remember being proud when  my mom sewed one on to my belt.
    See what you did?

KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • edited July 2023
    But I don't remember hitting farting people with sticks, Scott.  Perhaps, maybe?
    I might have blocked it out. Maybe it was me being hit??  

I need a therapist now.
    KurbenFlakeNoirGNTLGNTHedda Gabler
  • But I don't remember hitting farting people with sticks, Scott.  Perhaps, maybe?

I need a therapist now.
    .....if farting people were routinely hit with sticks, I would look like the world's largest bruise....
    Hedda GablerKurbenFlakeNoir

• Betrayal β€” The Perfect Husband β€” Hulu

This guy is so gross and disgusting. I don’t know. I’m not perfect but this is completely out of my moral, ethical, character wheelhouse. Completely. 

I don’t understand men or women attracted to a cheater.  
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    But I don't remember hitting farting people with sticks, Scott.  Perhaps, maybe?

I need a therapist now.
    .....if farting people were routinely hit with sticks, I would look like the world's largest bruise....
    Now there is a visual I won't get out of my head for awhile.
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gabler
  • GNTLGNT said:

I need a therapist now.
    Now there is a visual I won't get out of my head for awhile.
    bow GIFs  Tenor
    KurbenFlakeNoirHedda Gablernot_nadine
  • The Wham! documentary on Netflix is quite interesting.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • The Wham! documentary on Netflix is quite interesting.
    I got this one started but paused for Five Star Chef. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Watched The Pez Outlaw, funny, poignant and just plain bonkers.

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • edited July 2023
    Wham! β€” netflix
    NotaroGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Watched The Pez Outlaw, funny, poignant and just plain bonkers.

....Tracy's late Uncle traveled the world and had an extensive collection of the little doo-dads....
    FlakeNoirHedda GablerNotaro
  • Watched Cave Of Bones on Netflix. A documentary about the very interesting finds in South Africa of the new human species Homo Naledi. The findings turns a lot of truths upside down which is great think. They found burials which, apart from a few cases that might have been burials among the neanderthals, are the first sure findings of burials. And they are 150.000 years older than the first Homo Sapiens burial, They find pictographs, art if you like, and it looked very similar to the Pictograpghs found at some neanderthal sites and early Sapiens sites like the Blombos Cave in South Africa. Did Sapiens learn the concept of art from his predecessors?? interesting thought i think. He certainly wasn't first. They also used fire and used meat. The site is probably not a site they lived in but a place they used as a burial ground where the bodies would not be disturbed. And this they did with a very small brain compared to the huge brains of Neanderthals and Sapiens, about a third or a little more in size. This makes a big hole in the many theories that has declared that with bigger brains came bigger intelligence. The finds makes one ask some questions: What makes us human? Art? At least two other species practiced it before us. Burials? Naledi certainly and Neanderthals probably (they did not place their graves(the probable ones that have been found) in places that would be undisturbed for many thousands of years so many is likely IMO destroyed). Language? Neanderthals probably even if they could not make as many sound as we can but they almost certainly speak and most have had good cummunication to be the extremely succesful hunters they were. Naledi most have been able to cummunicate but it is possible that they used signs. We still cummunicate a lot with signs. Empathy? the way of feeling and supporting people mourning. Even studies of Great Apes tribes like Gorillas or Chimps has documented things like that. Many times when a baby dies young the mother carries it because she will not let go of her love. And the rest of the tribe show signs of understanding and be kind to her. What  is unclear is their relation to Sapiens. They are rather different from both earlier, like Erectus, and later ,like Sapiens. Where did they come from? The finds we have are from ca 250.000 years ago but it is one find even if it is many individuals. Given what we know of their appearance and their peculiar mix of advanced and old types of hominids i think they are likely to have a much earlier start. I think that this find is towards the end of their career as a species. But thats just speculation on my part. What is need is more finds, preferable a living site, to give us a broader view of them. 
    Sorry i have blabbed on but new findings always interest me. If new findings does not fit the theory the theory and should be discarded. Thats the scientific method. Not to bend new facts to fit an old theory which is way to common.
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNTNotaro
  • We learn so much through you, never apologise for blabbing on, Kurben.
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerKurbenNotaro
  • Kurben said:
    Watched Cave Of Bones on Netflix. A documentary about the very interesting finds in South Africa of the new human species Homo Naledi. The findings turns a lot of truths upside down which is great think. They found burials which, apart from a few cases that might have been burials among the neanderthals, are the first sure findings of burials. And they are 150.000 years older than the first Homo Sapiens burial, They find pictographs, art if you like, and it looked very similar to the Pictograpghs found at some neanderthal sites and early Sapiens sites like the Blombos Cave in South Africa. Did Sapiens learn the concept of art from his predecessors?? interesting thought i think. He certainly wasn't first. They also used fire and used meat. The site is probably not a site they lived in but a place they used as a burial ground where the bodies would not be disturbed. And this they did with a very small brain compared to the huge brains of Neanderthals and Sapiens, about a third or a little more in size. This makes a big hole in the many theories that has declared that with bigger brains came bigger intelligence. The finds makes one ask some questions: What makes us human? Art? At least two other species practiced it before us. Burials? Naledi certainly and Neanderthals probably (they did not place their graves(the probable ones that have been found) in places that would be undisturbed for many thousands of years so many is likely IMO destroyed). Language? Neanderthals probably even if they could not make as many sound as we can but they almost certainly speak and most have had good cummunication to be the extremely succesful hunters they were. Naledi most have been able to cummunicate but it is possible that they used signs. We still cummunicate a lot with signs. Empathy? the way of feeling and supporting people mourning. Even studies of Great Apes tribes like Gorillas or Chimps has documented things like that. Many times when a baby dies young the mother carries it because she will not let go of her love. And the rest of the tribe show signs of understanding and be kind to her. What  is unclear is their relation to Sapiens. They are rather different from both earlier, like Erectus, and later ,like Sapiens. Where did they come from? The finds we have are from ca 250.000 years ago but it is one find even if it is many individuals. Given what we know of their appearance and their peculiar mix of advanced and old types of hominids i think they are likely to have a much earlier start. I think that this find is towards the end of their career as a species. But thats just speculation on my part. What is need is more finds, preferable a living site, to give us a broader view of them. 
    Sorry i have blabbed on but new findings always interest me. If new findings does not fit the theory the theory and should be discarded. Thats the scientific method. Not to bend new facts to fit an old theory which is way to common.
    I have this in my queue along with the other unknown episodes. 
    KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • edited July 2023
    Missing: The Lucy Blackman Case β€” Netflix
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Missing: The Lucy Blackman Case β€” Netflix
    ....a life sentence meted out no justice for her, or the hundreds of other victims....death by a thousand cuts would've been a good start for this bastard....
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirNotaro

•  
    Worst Roommate Ever.   :#

Worst Roommate Ever The real-life cases behind Netflixs latest true-crime  series  The Independent

GNTLGNTKurbenHedda GablerNotaro
  • Merpeople β€” Netflix. 

Scott, I have a feeling this would be another place to insert the β€œbut y” meme. πŸ˜‚
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • And πŸ˜‚
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirNotaro
  • Dont Pick Up the Phone Season 1 poster image

I am absolutely sure that this is the man who called me years ago, but I was alone at home.  He said that he had my father.  I even started to follow his instructions.

KurbenGNTLGNTFlakeNoir

I am absolutely sure that this is the man who called me years ago, but I was alone at home.  He said that he had my father.  I even started to follow his instructions.

I was just floored that people were doing what he said. Just, unbelievable . 
    GNTLGNTKurbenFlakeNoir

I was just floored that people were doing what he said. Just, unbelievable . 
    Yeah, the only real monsters on this planet are living among us in the shape of humans.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoirHedda Gabler