Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Documentaries

Comments

• GNTLGNT said:
    ....I also found it interesting in shows I've seen that there was genetic material which couldn't be identified....not saying it's Nessie, just that it's intriguing....
    Doesn't that just mean they couldn't pinpoint it to a type of species because it was too degraded?? DNA  does degrade after a while so that some was unidentified was rather to be expected. Or am i completely thinking wrong??
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Kurben said:
    GNTLGNT said:
    ....I also found it interesting in shows I've seen that there was genetic material which couldn't be identified....not saying it's Nessie, just that it's intriguing....
    Doesn't that just mean they couldn't pinpoint it to a type of species because it was too degraded?? DNA  does degrade after a while so that some was unidentified was rather to be expected. Or am i completely thinking wrong??
    ....some was degraded, other was not from any known species.....
    KurbenHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Moonage Daydream

Moonage Daydream filmjpg

(oh yeah)
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • That one is in our soon-to-be-watched queue. It was either that or Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could See Me Now (Amazon Prime). We chose Lightfoot instead.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Moonage Daydream

Moonage Daydream filmjpg

(oh yeah)
    What a strange, strange film about an equally strange man. It felt like it was directed by David Lynch.
    GNTLGNTKurbenNotaroFlakeNoir
  • The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck....

It was interesting......not sure if I agree with all he says though....

GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • not_nadine said:
    Moonage Daydream

Moonage Daydream filmjpg

(oh yeah)
    I thought it was fascinating, he was a unique artist. I like most of his stuff but I have a lot of love for his Lets Dance album, it always makes me smile when I listen to it. 
    GNTLGNTnot_nadineHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    not_nadine said:
    Moonage Daydream

Moonage Daydream filmjpg

(oh yeah)
    I thought it was fascinating, he was a unique artist. I like most of his stuff but I have a lot of love for his Lets Dance album, it always makes me smile when I listen to it. 
    I just love this.  His first appearance on TV.

https://youtu.be/aY5a3Un3y8g
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerNotaroFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    not_nadine said:
    Moonage Daydream

Moonage Daydream filmjpg

(oh yeah)
    Very creative and artistic. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • We watched Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie on Apple TV+ yesterday. A no holds barred look at where he is now and how he got there. The man has had a rough go of it. So many falls and broken bones. But he's still got it.
    GNTLGNTNotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • We watched Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie on Apple TV+ yesterday. A no holds barred look at where he is now and how he got there. The man has had a rough go of it. So many falls and broken bones. But he's still got it.
    Its a very moving documentary.  His optimisim is remarkable, as he says himself..... "As long as you have a chip left and a chair to sit in, you're in the game."
    BevVincentGNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    not_nadine said:
    Moonage Daydream

Moonage Daydream filmjpg

(oh yeah)
    I just love this.  His first appearance on TV.

https://youtu.be/aY5a3Un3y8g
    That was great🙂
  • Flesh And Blood: The Hammer Heritage Of Horror

Hedda GablerGNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Flesh And Blood: The Hammer Heritage Of Horror

I think i’ve watched this. I adore hammer and amicus. 
    GNTLGNTNotaroFlakeNoir
  • edited May 2023
    I’ve watched a bunch of docs lately. 

Peter O’toole
    Richard Harrison
    Anna Nicole Smith
    There’s Something Seriously Fucked up With Aunt Diane (spoiler heads up: the bitch was drunk and high)
    And some typical Texas bullshit — How to Create a Sex Scandal. Sick people. Could only watch first episode because it was too sick. Par for the course, there was a cover up. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I’ve watched a bunch of docs lately. 

Peter O’toole
    Richard Harrison
    Anna Nicole Smith
    There’s Something Seriously Fucked up With Aunt Diane (spoiler heads up: the bitch was drunk and high)
    And some typical Texas bullshit — How to Create a Sex Scandal. Sick people. Could only watch first episode because it was too sick. Par for the course, there was a cover up. 
    Hell, Richard HARRIS. 
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • ....A Man Called Harrison......
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Being Mary Tyler Moore

100 Years of Warner Brothers
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Watched JFK Revisited; Through The Looking Glass.

Its been over 30 years since Oliver Stone's movie JFK, since then move documents have been declassified, Stone examines and cements his theory of a conspiracy to kill President Kennedy.

Really excellent documentary, I've always believed Kennedy was killed because of his anti-war stance, this hammers it home for me.

KurbenHedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Arnold — netflix

i really recommend this. Imperfect man but fascinating story. I do admire his tenacity and his desire to improve in every way always. 
    FlakeNoirNotaroGNTLGNT
  • Tour de France — unchained. 

Wow! This is a dangerous ass sport. On episode 2 and it is fascinating. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • An interesting documentary on Max: Being Mary Tyler Moore
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Tour de France — unchained. 

Wow! This is a dangerous ass sport. On episode 2 and it is fascinating. 
    A rider just died in the Tour de Suisse, a lead up to Tour de France. This documentary is interesting. It is a brutal sport. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Watched, Take Care Of Maya.

A documentsry about a husband and wife who after taking their daughter to the hospital are accused of child abuse, specifically munchausen syndrome by proxy.

This was absolutely horrific, the hell that this family was put through staggers the mind. Deeply upsetting to watch.

• Notaro said:
    Watched, Take Care Of Maya.

A documentsry about a husband and wife who after taking their daughter to the hospital are accused of child abuse, specifically munchausen syndrome by proxy.

This was absolutely horrific, the hell that this family was put through staggers the mind. Deeply upsetting to watch.

I was going to watch this but i don’t think i will bow. I’ll read a wiki entry or something. 
    FlakeNoirGNTLGNT