Welcome to my message board.

New member registration has been disabled due to heavy spammer activity. If you'd like to join the board, please email me at MaxDevore at hotmail dot com.

Random Thoughts

Comments

• edited May 2020
    Waiting for my yard service people to come and go so I can go cut flowers and head up to the cemetery.  I always go early and especially this year.  I don't want to hang out with the flash mob of cemetery goers over the weekend.  I'm there to honor my dead, not to become one of them by rubbing elbows with the unwashed masses.

Wow.  That was very Dickens of me. :D
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited May 2020
    Yesterday I ventured out to get a starbucks iced coffee.  I pulled up to the speaker and there were these huge weeds growing all around it.  

I placed my order and since no one was behind me, I got out of my car and I pulled their weeds.  

What numbnutz pulls Starbuck's weeds for them?  me.  
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNTdoyoulove19
  • Yesterday I ventured out to get a starbucks iced coffee.  I pulled up to the speaker and there were these huge weeds growing all around it.  

I placed my order and since no one was behind me, I got out of my car and I pulled their weeds.  

Random act of kindness.  ;) 
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • edited May 2020
    cat said:
    Yesterday I ventured out to get a starbucks iced coffee.  I pulled up to the speaker and there were these huge weeds growing all around it.  

I try to do at least one every single day.  It's been harder being locked down, but there are ways.

Have a super day cat. My yard people just left so I need to get my flowers and get to the DirtBNB and back.  

Get busy living or get busy sort of, kind of living.  Let's skip that dying part.
    catFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • cat said:

I try to do at least one every single day.  It's been harder being locked down, but there are ways.

Have a super day cat. My yard people just left so I need to get my flowers and get to the DirtBNB and back.  

Get busy living or get busy sort of, kind of living.  Let's skip that dying part.
    You have a great day too.  :)
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoirGNTLGNT
  • Today I read an article on the Conway Knot.

Do not ever count on me to help you with any higher math problem.  Ever.
    GNTLGNT
  • @Notaro -- did you get back to work with enhanced safety measures in place?
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • @Notaro -- did you get back to work with enhanced safety measures in place?
    I'm back but we're still getting things ready, I've been painting steel barrels bright yellow, they're going to be used as stands for sanitizing stations around the site. Only downside is that wasps flying by swoop down to investigate and harass me. Little bas*ards.
    Hedda GablerGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    @Notaro -- did you get back to work with enhanced safety measures in place?
    I'm back but we're still getting things ready, I've been painting steel barrels bright yellow, they're going to be used as stands for sanitizing stations around the site. Only downside is that wasps flying by swoop down to investigate and harass me. Little bas*ards.
    Yikes! be careful.
    NotaroGNTLGNT
  • Notaro said:
    Yikes! be careful.
    I'll be careful, if it's one on one with me and a wasp I know who's going to come off worst. If it's me against two wasps I'll make my excuses and leave.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Notaro said:
    Notaro said:
    Yikes! be careful.
    I'll be careful, if it's one on one with me and a wasp I know who's going to come off worst. If it's me against two wasps I'll make my excuses and leave.
    ....ack!.....spray em with yella paint.....then they'll fly away in fear, cuz the REAL yellow-jackets will leave their 'hood and crip fly to lay a smackdown on their asses.....
    NotaroHedda Gabler
  • Yesterday I ventured out to get a starbucks iced coffee.  I pulled up to the speaker and there were these huge weeds growing all around it.  

NotaroHedda GablerFlakeNoirdoyoulove19
  • GNTLGNT said:

I love working in my yard.  All of that is very satisfying.  

My crops are taking off and so excited for harvest.  
    GNTLGNTghost19FlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:

...any children in the corn?......
    FlakeNoir
  • GNTLGNT said:
    GNTLGNT said:

...any children in the corn?......
    Now, wouldn't that be a hoot?

GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Well, I'm off to the Killing Fields.  

Big grocery shop to get me by another couple weeks.  

Stay safe out there.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • I carried a watermelon
    GNTLGNTHedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • I carried a watermelon
    Laughing watermelon stock photo Image of juicy delight - 20855966
    Hedda GablerFlakeNoir
  • Anybody know what this was? A buddy of mine sent me the link but as I'm not on Facebook I can't access it. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/ramaskrik-film-festival/stephen-king-master-of-horror/251372315952424/
    GNTLGNT
  • Tonights stream from RamaskrikTV is dedicated to the books and adaptations of Stephen King. Joining us live from L.A.; Writer/Director/Producer and Stephen King-Guru MICK GARRIS. Garris has directed a number of Stephen King's stories into movies and tv-series, like Sleepwalkers (1991), The Stand (1994) and The Shining (1997). In 2005 he brought together every Horror Director in the world and brought us the Masters of Horror TV-series.

We will also have Norwegian Superstar Director ANDRÈ ØVREDAL with us! After conquering the world with the very fun adventure Troll Hunter in 2010 he scared the living crap out of us with The Autopsy of Jane Doe in 2016. Lately he has had two films in cinemas, last years Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark and Mortal. He is currently working on Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark 2 and we were very excited to hear that he will bring King's The Long Walk to the screen, one of the few stories by Stephen King not to have been adapted yet!

Your hosts for the evening are Ramaskriks Technical Manager and Movie Nerd Torbjørn Grav and Sølvi Rotås Stokkeland, Ramaskriks Head of Film Booking and the biggest King-Nerd of us all! (not counting Mick…)
  • Thanks Bev.
  • A crop duster just flew over.  It's so weird to see them now because our farmland around here is disappearing.  He was low, but not as low as I've seen them.  

I always think Flight or Fright now when pondering metal in the sky.
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • And thank goodness I'm not allergic to cottonwood.   Cottonwood fluff is flying today.  
    GNTLGNTFlakeNoir
  • Today I will be digging old fence posts out and putting new ones in.  It's going to take me all day to do these two posts. 

I also have a new front door knob to put on because I literally can't get my front door open by myself.  My kid has to come turn the knob and yank it open.  
    GNTLGNTNotaroghost19FlakeNoir